1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Lab Patch Notes 2020.05.14 - PvP balance, class changes, bartering stuff, etc.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Alterist, May 14, 2020.

1. Poppins

I'm actually interested in understanding, I know I didn't get something in the speech they did before the numbers...

2. Columba

then TELL US THE FULL STORY.

#122 Columba, May 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2020
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

glab damage buff.jpg

we dont know much exactly they increased char to char damage modifiers. they shoulda tolda us that as it will probably get data-mined later anyway.... and it would probably help with avoiding alot of confusion

4. MamoruKin

Why Nerf to DK?! We already are one of the worst classes when it's about PvP!

TucoRamires and DarkGG like this.
  5. Columba

Yeah, I read that. MOre hidden horseshit. I don't know what that means and they should disclose ALL the changes so that we can decide whether it's worth staying. Instead they pull this reverse bait and switch bullsht

DarkGG and Patrik2991 like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eTmp2IA45cXWDhtQBmbTrGHZu4/edit#gid=625358340
    ^
    well, we kinda know how it looked before.

if i was a guessing man, id say some skills absolutely had no place to be nerfed at all. id try to approximate to put those skills at some center value.

theorycraft:

lets (coz its my class) assume for the sake of discussion that awakening damage on wizard didnt have to get nerfed at all and that its scaling is **** and it actually needed pvp buffs.

lets assume rabams didnt have to get nerfed at all and yet they got 20% "nerfed". so we could guess that maybe char to char modifier for wizards was buffed by 20% to put the rabams back at zero. so if we assume that 20% is some middle ground, anything on wizard thats nerfed more than 20% was actual nerf, while anything thats nerfed less than 20% is potentially a buff.

its simplified example (and math) and maybe a wishful thinking but its quite possible something like that is happening here.

Columba likes this.
  7. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

Mystic getting the lowest damage adjustments is proof that her damage was crap. Hard nuking classes got the bigger netfs. Hopefully this will equalize damage coming out.

Törni and woots like this.
  8. Jok3rsWild

looks like most classes got nerfed. So just look at it as pvp damage has been decreased across the board except for the classes that needed buffs.

Most of these changes seam on the money to me.

The archer one seams a bit harsh considering everyone says u need 269 ap to even life skill as an archer. But who plays archer anyways.

9. chendu

I know but one can hope ... and truthully hope is the only thing keeping me in this game since most often than not the game feel like all I'm doing is chores

10. Andaro

Ambassador

Indeed. Instant recoil reactions to seeing "decreased by xx%" instead of realizing that skill% and xhits are just torque converters for output.

The note regarding the characters hidden stats and "what's under the hood" was a tiny note, and thusly not observed.

But, it is not common place for most to read "the fine print"

Muhaha, Rilok and Keldorn like this.
  11. WhySoSeeryus

it would have been way better move from developers if they explained their intentions clearly or even released the damage tables as we all know someone is gonna datamine them sooner or later. i dont see why are they shooting at their own foot with moves like these. little communication and transparency goes a long way.

12. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Didn’t rangers just get nerfed not too long ago ? Some of the skills that got a damage nerf are about to get another. At this point, I’m not surprised.

13. Andaro

Ambassador

Well, in all fairness, they have not provided any English notes.

All the notes currently are in GLab which no longer issues English notes and we are using Google Translate. Thusly anything they do say is going to be lost in translation.

My point is that folks see the worst because they are forgetting that there are still "hidden numbers" under the hood.

And no , I don't believe it is necessary to reveal such hidden numbers, because somethings are just in the code.....would be like telling a car manufacturer that engines should be made of clear aluminum so you can see it working inside.

My advise basically to everyone is to
    (1) Breathe!
    (2) Read the translated notes carefully and consider the other information
    (3) Not jump to conclusion until you've had a chance to play said changes, or
    (4) Go to GLab and test out the new changes before recoiling on them.

Be knowledgeable that the skill increase / decrease % is not the only change!
    Things we can't see were changed too.

#133 Andaro, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Rilok, ODB3698, Kaitreen and 7 others like this.
  14. Columba

then perhaps they should tell us the entire story vs trying to hide it. Transparency is a great quality for companies, one that this one consistently fails to demonstrate. If you don't want players to go batshit, release all the changes.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. Andaro

Ambassador

Oh, I agree, when English notes are released, I hope that the translation includes wording that adequately expresses there are "under the hood" changes, not just the "car paint" that you see on the outside. I just mean that at the current moment, all we have are google translated notes, so while we can certainly be "wary" (who wouldn't be)....it may not yet be quite called for setting fire to the fields lolol

<,< they can't really tell us "the entire story" when the notes aren't written for english readers yet

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. C4rdinal

Guardian got nerfed! We need more buffs please @pearlabyss

17. t4mpel

I respect you patience. This forum became a saltbin sadly. Hard to keep up a normal conversation. As we know patience is the way and lot of people tested dmg already and it seems its not so hard as the numbers look like. Even then, 90% classes got nerfed, how is this bad when my class does less dmg when the other one do also? As i said, it looks like just a DP buff what makes the game more skillful but thats only my simple prediction for now.

18. Preslavv

Funny thing
    Players: dont add new clases, just balance existing ones!
    Also players: MEH BUH YOU NRFD MY OP GODLIKE KLASS WHY PLS WHY!

Relax, the percentage might seems high, but who knows how it will look in reality. I have seen some gl videos and it doesnt seem so bad, just everyone is getting more tanky which means, no more one shot fiesta, but, thats what some of us wanted, no ?

ODB3698, farsay and NoobGamersBerlin like this.
  19. lufl

I agree, however its also important to hear the concern of the playerbase to have the best results. Personally i like the direction to remove pvp damage in general, away from the one shot fiesta.
    Lets be patient and harmonic

20. Qmm

Qmm

some classes are designed to one shot so they are lacking protection such as SA or block.

so now are they gonna give some glass cannon class some SA or block? i dont think so.

TucoRamires, thanosgms and alastersan like this.