1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Lab Patch Notes 2020.05.14 - PvP balance, class changes, bartering stuff, etc.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Alterist, May 14, 2020.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

All classes prior to archer were also designed for a completly different combat system, still they didn't really adjust their skills to make up for the changes to the combat system in 2018.

Duffy and Törni like this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Arigato.

What I take from this news is that they have just stayed they changed character versus ratios under the hood to be more aligned, which is what people have been wanting all along. However by acknowledging that they have also inadvertently acknowledged that some classes are weight matched against other classes fairly or unfairly, and as well that certain classes have more of one particular ability because they have more of another particular ability.

In a sense these tidbits give insight to what players have wanted to know for a long time which is how classes are supposed to work, rather than a guessing game, additionally enforcing that not every character is supposed to be what some have desired them to be, and reinforcing some into what we already know them to be.

TLDR -> they're examining the "cores" of each class and making changes respectively - no more half hearted renown bandaids (hoping!)

3. Fake_Alice

changes are nothing related to balance. this is pure milking. just look at warrior's awakening damage buff. they are increasing damage while trial warrior hits harder than my 301ap witch.
    probably new class is coming thats why theyre decided to faked up most of classes.

thanosgms and Claydough like this.
  4. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

So we will have a mass of people with the equivalent of the defensive pure black stone active 24/24 with their defensive supergears and defensive buffs and evasive skills...

In my class, do you reduce the damage of both blooming, the only skill that really does something in succession, without considering that the CDs in succession are much higher than the awakening and the stamina consumption is also less manageable? Explain to me why you reduce the damage to skills that do not already do any damage, such as the arrow, the kicks .. but why do you waste time on useless things?

5. valasceria

Are you ****ing kidding me?
    Why the hell did you Nerf Ranger? As it is there are already only like ~5 Ranger players left and you still NERF the Dmg???
    What the hell?!

Rilok and alastersan like this.
  6. Andaro

Ambassador

Is it really a nerf if the skills % amplifier is reduced but the pre-core power is increased? According to the Ranger group testing on GLab they have not seen a major difference....

So is it a nerf? Or are we just joining in on mass-hysteria ?

(Message not direct at you personally, but all in general)

Ohhh you know it...gotta sell those coupons ...gotta make all 19 classes undesirable so everyone rolls to the new class cuz they only want your money and don't really care about having a cool fun game for people to enjoy.

Next up they'll sell Server Tickets so those that want a lagfree experience can pay to access the "premium server"

/End.Sarcasm

#146 Andaro, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  7. Netreiam

I would get if people said that after a FotM class got nerfed, but 99% of the time it's just when any nerf happens, especially on low teir/unpopular classes.

If the class pop is low to begin with, why target that class for nerfs when slightly nerfing a FotM will cause 10x more people to reroll because they bandwagoning babies?

8. Beeso

This is actually funny. I would imagine it went down like this back at HQ:

Employee: Sir, we are working on class/character balance.

Boss: *standing next to window gazing intensly at what is outside*

....nerf everyone.

Employee: But sir shouldn't we..

Boss: *interrupts yelling*..
    [​IMG]

9. Fake_Alice

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582660
    13.05 new class teaser
    14.05 "balance" patch
    :O:O:O
    [​IMG]

Fateneko likes this.
  10. Andaro

Ambassador

11. Marzipan Stan

I guess following this analogy it still stands that somebody will look at the engine and share what they learn eventually. Another passable way of executing transparency about their intentions for class match-ups would be sticking lore/knowledge into the game, maybe during awakening/succession or those little combat advancement stories, that explains each class's intended strengths and weaknesses in some broad terms like magic/close quarters/range/elemental/sneak attacks.

We do continue to want for transparency generally, and I think it would indicate poor grasp of the relationship between EU/NA players and the developers to resist that claim. Will they share who they talk to? How will they choose who to talk to? Gear? Streaming viewership? Status in class forums? I think a lot of us would be amazed if they communicated any of that information. Their opacity about mechanically significant processes, plans, and implementations is a pretty huge feature of the bitterness between players and developers for BDO; it's hard to respect a game if the people who run it are so prone to changing it without explaining how or why in proportional detail to the significance of those changes.

If it always feels like they just do things on whims, why would we pay for that? At this stage of their years of foregoing decent communication, why would we give them all these benefits of doubt? The detail and volume of communication it would require to achieve that kind of broad customer base goodwill at this point would be enormous. Few, if any, of us see evidence that they plan to seek that goodwill. If they're enjoying this kind of development and service approach, then I guess good for them, but it inspires no confidence for investing time or money in their prooduct. I wouldn't expect a huge proportion of players to blissfully support developers' locking themselves away for years only to emerge to pitch more monetization and ignore questions about what they're doing with all the money. We're not their parents -- our relationship with the developers is indeed conditional. And even if we were their parents, we'd be justified to deny further investment if they continue refusing communication about where that money is going.

12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

after meeting few of the geared zoom zooms lately, im absolutely positive their damage is through the roof.

some kill u so fast that its a literal drive by

[​IMG]

13. sajdas

Please don't give them ideas...

14. Jok3rsWild

If there is no noticeable difference then why bother patching it at all?

valasceria, Phoenixxx75 and thanosgms like this.
  15. Jok3rsWild

The numbers don't seam consistent enough though. Like if they buffed archer base pvp damage by 44% so they had to nerf blooming. Then all the other skills got a giant buff.

16. WisedudeBlack

Except berserker.

17. Rhailex

Spent a bit of time on doing this... the reformating hell to get the whole list into sheets, oh god...
    upload_2020-5-15_15-27-51.png

Take what you want from this. I just added all % changes and calcd an average from them for each class. Does not take into consideration wether the skill is useful for pvp or not.

Just adding this before people panic...
    upload_2020-5-15_15-50-8.png

#157 Rhailex, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  18. Netreiam

Unconfirmed changes that also have another component (class v class damage) not to **** on your effort but this information doesn't really do much except maybe freak people out who don't have the full story.

AZzalor, Galatia and AtomicPotato like this.
  19. Rhailex

Somehow they had to pull those numbers, which I would guess is their average of how they changed things against specific classes.
    What the list shows is for example that Berserker only received damage buffs which means it's most likely not going to be weaker against any class after the changes and more likely be a stronger class in general. Now if that 3% buff the Mystic received is the damage buffs against Berserker, we don't know. Mystic may have been made much weaker against Ranger and extremely buffed against Berserker and those two kind of nullify each other into a 3% average. Do you get where I am getting att?

Jinoro and Andaro like this.
  20. Andaro

Ambassador

My bestTbest guesscguess would be that core ratios between character vs character aren't modifiable, or susceptible to power add-ons like gearscore, log-stats, potions, and buffs, etc?

Probably because future increases in power would exacerbate "one hit wonder" scenarios that many have said they dislike.....thusly I assume it's the cores they are looking at now, in relation to current situations and future changes.

Mind you, I'm just giving my best logical assumptions regarding this based on notes.

This is what I see ^_^

Jinoro likes this.