1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Lab Patch Notes 2020.09.17 - New skill ranks for Awakening, etc

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Alterist, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Xenon

Have you ever played any sort of serious pvp game before? Of course you want predictability to classes and builds. If you don't have any, then how do you plan for anything or learn a matchup? How do you counter something when it can freely change? Do you just want all fights to be chaos and the outcome determined solely by reaction speed?

Maybe you might have a point if this game's win condition wasn't determined in a single cc. If there was larger room for error, then it would be fair to have minor differences. But with the way things are set up now, it just isn't.

It takes a lot of courage to admit that you're that bad publicly, but kudos, man. Despite that, I feel really bad for you right now.

2. Éternel

Éternel DarkKnight 63 NA

If by "serious pvp game" you mean one where everyone has the same level of gear, yes I have. BDO is not that game, nor is it a "PvP game".

ODB3698, Fearless V, Meow 2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Xenon

The reason I brought up other pvp-focused titles was to place emphasis on why it wouldn't work for BDO's pvp. That's all that matters in this discussion. Not whether you think the pvp is good or the focus of the title. I explained why your argument doesn't work because including options that vary up how class kits work on a case-by-case basis makes for more imbalance. We don't need that.

4. Éternel

Éternel DarkKnight 63 NA

So with that logic, we should only have a few classes to play and only a handful of different skills? I'm sorry, but I don't see how more variety is a bad thing unless you're so trained to using a guide/build/macro/etc that you are unable to adapt. I'm not saying all the proposed add-ons are balanced between the classes, just that this whole one-build for all mentality needs to go the way of the dodo.

ODB3698 likes this.
  5. easay9

So they gave all awakenings more another CC skill or superarmor/ iframe........ yes because thats what this combat needed more CC .........

6. Catastigma

Balance is a myth,

The real term is Meta Shifting.

7. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

I like to say good change
    I feel half the time players dive in anyway and making that mistake should cost u
    Why is it sorc can dive in and not be cc or paid for it?
    Why does ninja feel like ilreia from league
    And not run out of stam?

U can only pick one bon add on. Not all of them!
    So this change will be very good to some classes who needed it or very little change to others. Not to mention they giving us more protections? Why cry about it
    When succ has soo much protection!!!!! I see no one crying about that now right??
    I say every skill should have something like this that way u can build the way u want base on how u fight.

If u going to dive in and not think about what ur doing then pay for it!!!
    Anyway I think the overall addons for all skills needs a update

Like lahn has one stun 3% chance to BD which is complety useless
    Out dated add ons

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. Arch2k

I always tell ppll this
    Bdo is changing big time the pass few months dont expect anything not to change!!
    As more items get added and skill changes with new crystals and gear!!

9. ghoulz666

Nice band-aid solution for a shotgun wound.

10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Wow, they finally figured that one out, was so hard, lol!

Fearless V, sajdas and Galanee like this.
  11. Claydough

Ok so they’ve made the weapon swapping system completly usless by removing everything you’d wanna do with combat gear

not suprised, atleast i can stop being excited for it now

12. Arch2k

It was never wep swap
    It just copied ur gear to another char

13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Right so instead of having every class memorized you have to actually poke and find out what skill they are using. It actually adds a layer to pvp on whether the person you are fighting is using an extra cc or protection and having to decide and learn how to engage them.

Sounds like salty hoes that memorized everything being mad they have to think on each match up.

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The only problem with this is, that fights are so fast, you don't get to poke much before it's over. If they lowered the overall PvP damage significantly, this would be a perfectly acceptable change, and would certainly be interesting.

15. easay9

yep that video where the guy interviewed someone from the korean server honestly is what needs to happen to fix this game decrease the ammount of total CCs, decrease damage output, remove RNG resistance as a PVP mechanic entirely.

thats how you fix the game this whole 1 CC you dead is boring given how bad the servers are and the fact FPS and dsync play way to much of a part in combat.

16. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Adding more protections=decreasing the ammount of effective CC.

17. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Holy **** SA back to "Legendary Beast Dance". This skill is 4 skills and every one has other CCs and only 3s cd.

18. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

I agree there but that problem persists regardless of this change in all honesty.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. woots

thoses guys just took the pre 2016-nerfer awakening version regarding protection & i guess cc from the, let player pick "one" ad call that "its content"

I mean....

20. Ahri-

Guardian player liking getting ultra buffed with a multi hit protected cc so he can spam harder. shocker.