1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Lab Patch Notes 2020.11.20 - Node War changes, Family inventory, "loot scroll Fever", etc.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Alterist, Nov 20, 2020.

1. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Finally, a PA nerf.

ODB3698 likes this.
  2. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Did a 1K stars end guild mission last night. Took me about 30 mins, I guess? Not 100% sure, it a gross estimation :p

3. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

The new Lootscroll system is awesome.. basically i have 17million points now. and can grind for the rest of my life without needing to care for time...

You can go to toilet now, you can be afk, you can only kill elite mobs, you can wait until pets pickup loot... and use like 1 lootscroll per day... aka 100.000 points

upload_2020-11-20_21-10-3.png

basically with 17 million points i have enaugh for the next 1770 days

4. MADE

Yeah, this loot scroll change pretty much shows how clueless they are in game design, they literately implemented a another agris system for no reason.
    They could've easily just added extra level options to agris which would make it costume more points, but also give increased drop rate, and the scrolls could've just restore the agris points, but no... better add more pointless clutter into the game...

ODB3698, Vanraven and Toshiro3D like this.
  5. WaifuJanna

??
    the new system is perfect and i cant think of a way to make it better.

You can disable it anytime. and u can put all scrolls in to push millions of points :) AND you can chose small or big buff.

TucoRamires, Kripion and Vanraven like this.
  6. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

its a negative for people who grind very efficiently, as they will deplete their 100k points in less then one hour, making them get less trash/ls

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well, it might balance out the difference between classes better. so that succ strikers and other pve fotms dont have such huge advantage in pve anymore.

8. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

I thought about the same thing.

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. WaifuJanna

not possible.. or do u make 20 marnie stones at pollys for example?

Most spots (pollys, fadus, tshira, kagtum, featherwolfs) 15 points per mob. Tankyer mobs like Manshaum/Thornwood forest take 40 per mob.
    So unless u kill more then 6667 monsters per Hour, the new system is way better...

I made 4000-4500 per hour at pollys (grinded a 50k marnie there so yeah). with the new System i get basically 35% time for free.

It only punishs some speedhackers maybe..

Doubt anyone can kill more then 2500 Thornwood forest mobs per hour AKA 7500 trashloot with the current system

New lootscroll = 6667 monster loot buff (for most (15 point) monsters) | 2500 monster tanky stuff
    Old lootscroll = 60 min loot buff

Big buff for all people who grind relaxed, its even worth now to wait for pets until they pickup loot or only doing Elite monsters at gahaz , pot piece, compas, etc.

#29 WaifuJanna, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  10. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

All relevant grind spots added for the loot scroll points. Sycraia Abyssal Zone unfortunately requires a key, which I would have to grind, and the ocean monster are pretty much a no go as I just get send back into loading screens over and over and over and over and over and over and over again due to the high ping on GLab, I really can't be assed to do this until the far end of the ocean.

You still have the option of using loot scrolls like before, just have to deal with any kind of interruption then.

Justavisitor and ODB3698 like this.
  11. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

we just have to wait until we can use it, that's the only way to get our conclusions.

ODB3698 likes this.
  12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i never really counted marni stones after i hit 61 but back then i was making 22-25 per hour at nagas so i can definitly imagine ppl who grind "better" to get more

13. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

@WaifuJanna how about sycraia? with agris most of those spots you mentioned are fine but if you go to syraia with 100k agris its gone in one hour.

14. woots

they sure could have merged "lootscroll point" with the agris to make it simpler indeed ( even tho agris & loot scroll dont act on the same thing ) and just set 2 different "switch"
    but even with that extra useless layer, having a agris like for loot scroll indeed is far better especialy when you can enable / disable it when you want ( only can hope they have correctly setup the point to have the same ratio amount of mob / time spend )
    And at least with that you can get ride of all lootscroll taking inv / "pearl inv" slot.

Just need the same thing for XP / SP scrolls now, like that no more forced to grind for 1h min to "not waste scroll time"

15. Graugus

I agree, as a Shai we get the Extra 300 DP bonus only on our BSR heal@200% so why not do the same for Wizard and Witches?

16. Vanraven

I agree, the new system is way better!

17. MADE

Well it's more convenient for sure, but adding the exactly same mechanism just on different name, to a different UI element is just dumb imo.

18. Rofflewaffle

ive never done a node war but ive heard alot of people complain about PA. is it op because its gets used in rotation between alot of wizards, so its a constant buff? and do classes not get used in group combat like other mmos, as in you have attack classes out front, then tanks protecting, witches and wizards healing?

Fateneko likes this.
  19. PeaceInChaos

How well do you think LS Fever will work at Star's End? Is my favorite spot.

ODB3698 likes this.
  20. PeaceInChaos

Basically, yeah. It is often the case that whichever guild has more PA's, their likelihood of success dramatically increases, especially during zerg pushes / defense. It's sort of like that, but lines aren't as clearly drawn as to who's a frontline or not. Usually, yeah, Strikers and Warriors and such will lead the push, while ranged classes rain down ranged damage or cc, while classes that excel in flanking, like Sorc, ninja, Musa, can stay on the outskirts, looking for picks, going in and out as a distraction, going all-in on primary targets, or play up front and out back. As Sorc, I try my best to do a number of things - pick off rangers and archers, dance in the enemy zerg, hopefully forcing a wasted cooldown or slay a ranged class, and just all around try to be as annoying as I can, hopefully netting some kills along the way and not dying in .00001 seconds, or sticking with my casters and arrows and protecting / peeling for them, or KS'ing my shields and gauntlets ;) heh heh.

Joking aside, every class has a role to fill in group pvp. Casters, though, are just on another level because of how influencial Protected Area can be, especially when stacked / used consequtively. "PA 1! PA 2! PA 3!" You'll get used to that in node wars, but now, hopefully with these changes makes having more casters than your opponent less of an obligation.

#40 PeaceInChaos, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Arch2k and ODB3698 like this.