1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Global Lab] Shai Awakening (3 Weapons instruments) + accessory update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by warriors, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Well snap, seems i missed that particular note. I will edit my comments.

Allan1985 likes this.
  2. MagicalTabletopGirls

You can now enhance Capotia accessories.
    - You can enhance Capotia accessories by using an accessory of the same name.
    - Capotia accessories aren't destroyed upon failed enhance. They instead lose 10 durability and an enhancement level.
    - You can restore Capotia accessories' durability using Yona's Fragments.

They de-rank, You need to hit PEN to reach TET, its over a 1 billion an ATEMPT, yeah this is a worthless update. You can keep it thanks just increase the drop rates & keep this to yourself. K thx bye.

PS. I have collected 82 Yona's Fragments in the 10 months I have been playing. You need 325 to make one Ring. (I already have two TET ROCG) I have words I'd like to express at how stupid this is but I'll keep them to myself. Hitting 61+ is utterly WORTHLESS!

Yeah it makes it worthless and not at all rewarding or worth doing. Just afk an buy all your gear; message received.

BDO Logic. Lets Add more gambling after the gambling and keep lowering the odds and then add more gambling. I just don't think this game has enough GAMBILING IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you suffer from gambling addiction please seek help: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

#82 MagicalTabletopGirls, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    Factorial, Sheky and Allan1985 like this.
  3. Serimorph

Reading and hearing about Shai awakening just feels... unfinished. Like this is 3/4 of the class with a bit extra missing. From what I've read so far,

• No quick swap or flow with her main hand. Every time you want to play a song you hit C to swap
    • Can't play songs back to back. You need to manually stop song A so you can play song B
    • Can't quick play songs with Florang out for quick buffs, like the attack speed buff.
    • No protection on her skills which are all stationary, and temporary turn off when you move (at 50% move speed) makes her a total sitting duck
    • Duration of some buffs is a bit too low for the trouble it takes to use the skill. the attack speed buff should maybe be 30 seconds instead of 15?
    Right now it just looks a bit unpolished and there doesn't seem to be any real reason in PvE to use any songs since they appear to be just clunky to use. Not to mention dangerous in a high level grind spot to open yourself up to attacks.

4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Should she be more combat fluid?
    Even though they have repeatedly told everyone that the class is just for fun....and she is already a pretty OP little pve'er....and they did buff her pvp dmg just a bit....which shais away (pun) from their previous stance....

Should she be given too much, wouldn't she out Shai'ne all the other classes?

Hmm, im not sure, but I think they should be careful on how they approach changing a class from its purpose....

Solitaire likes this.
  5. MagicalTabletopGirls

Shai is just not a good class at all, gameplay wise. Her attack range for her weapon is WAY to small of an area. She doesn't have enough attacks, they don't do that much damage. At TS Ruins I can clear faster on a 150AP Mystic than I could with a 235 AP Shai. She's just a Life Skiller with censored outfits and like half the pearl items from Korea. Witch will remain the go to, certainly if anyone wants Alter groups.

6. Deyric

My Shai already plays an instrument. Steal my idea why don't they.

Attached Files:

Solitaire likes this.
  7. Vanraven

There is nothing about her life skill abilities that are any different than other classes. She just starts out with prof1 alchemy and gathering. Big deal.

Also, they added a new attack for her this patch!

8. Allan1985

to be honest i dont see much fun in having my index finger tendon destroyed because they decided to put the best addon skill (+30 AP vs monsters) in the same and only skill with wich you can attack and move at the same time, also several of her attacks (even 1 that starts with melee) have animatin lock and no CC wich means you have to literally tank the damage/not use those skills/use a specific rotation that allows you to take theh appropiate distance to perform 1 attack without being hit, they have LOTS of work to do on her because right now her combat style is far from an enjoyable experience imo.

9. MagicalTabletopGirls

The weight she gets when she levels I'd say is what makes her a useable alt for Life Skilling. But, shes def not a class you grind with. Def not getting any party invites with her. I got her to 60 and parked her at Karanda and will only touch her once a week trying to get Shards off Pine Trees. *Waves Fingers* As to all the other factors they said they created her for; those have only gone down well in Korea because they didn't slap leggings that clip through all her outfits and then flame the community for the past month. Hell even the ad in this thread, that outfit on the far left, will not come here, or it will be censored despite them using it in ads, and there being nothing wrong with it.

10. Deyric

"Achieve more than 64 levels"

What does that mean? That a crafting level or is it limited Combat levels?

11. Deyric

You mean rip exploiting.

Solitaire and Andaro like this.
  12. Vanraven

I got a ulnar wrist injury playing warrior. So far Shai is much more relaxing on the hands and wrist. But if I wanted to relax with a controller then its impossible. Its quite hard to move left and right while attacking with a pad.

Solitaire and Allan1985 like this.
  13. Deyric

So from what I'm reading I take it the only difference between instruments is animations??? So you don't have to enhance all 3, they have the same function???

14. Vanraven

Someone on reddit said, drums is speed, lute is dp and evasion and flute currently does nothing. I assume it will be attack power.

15. Deyric

So to get all out of the character you'll have to enhance all 3. I wonder if they'll make enhancing them slightly easier then?

16. Vanraven

I think its a matter of play style. Like if you want to increase the potency of your songs that give attack speed or dr/evasion etc.

17. Deyric

Thanks, good explanation, so enhancing all of them while optional, is likely recommended to get the most out of it.

RIght but most are going to want the all the options available. So while "optional" it really isn't if you want your character to reach its full potential. And some options might be better is some areas than others.

18. Vanraven

Maybe, we will have to see. I'm sure a meta will form, it always does.

19. LilfredBoxyBear

So much complaining about Shai. I hope they don't end up getting rid of everything that makes her unique until it's just a cookie-cutter of every other class.

20. Deyric

Still curious what this means:
    "Achieve more than 64 levels"

Is that a crafting levels or is it Combat levels so you have to be a certain level to make or use them?