1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GM Official Response on Flame Buster Nerf

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Brizz, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Brizz

In the patch notes it says that Flame Buster while using on hotbar no longer knockdowns, but the skill has had multiple aspects changed and I'm not sure if it's intended or if it's a bug.

AOE range on impact drastically smaller, Range seems smaller, does not benefit from air smash, down smash, air attack or down attack, damage reduced, and you also have to click it 3 times for it to work instead of 2.

I understand that balance changes are assential to the game, and when your class is nerfed it can hurt, but please stay honest with us about the changes so that we can adjust our gameplay accordingly. If this was indeed a bug and not intended then please let me know as I will be extremely happy :) Thank you.

Brizz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I am GM Azurtle and I will be assisting you today,

I understand from this email you are wondering about recent changes to the skill "Flame Buster" and your wondering if it is bugged. Please know that our GM team will always be here to assist players, old and new. We also always endeavor to provide amazing support and assist players in whatever ways we possibly can.
    When using a skill from the Hotbar instead of the key combination it is intended to be a weaker version of the skill with several different downsides such as damage and impact, in this case we had also removed the knockdown ability from the skill when used from the hotbar as there were some issues with this skill when used from the hotbar.

I have gone ahead and passed this report onto the bug hunting team so that they can investigate the situation and determine if the skill if working as intended.
    While we do not have an ETA as to when this will be resolved we advise you to keep an eye out on the forums, future patch notes, and our social media for any information.

In the meantime if there is anything else we can assist you with today please don't hesitate to contact us again either by re-opening this ticket or creating a new one.

Kind Regards
    GM Azurtle

It's a pretty wish washy response... It might be intended, but we will forward it to the bug hunting team to investigate. Feelsbadman

Waco likes this.
  2. GLOCK LESNAR

Ignore your iron buster and buy a hunting matchlock, it does the same damage but has longer range.

[​IMG]

#2 GLOCK LESNAR, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  3. Squallity

i guess (as a new player) i just wasted 3 months of play time on a class that's bound to be killed by the amount of nerfs it's getting. and i'm definitly not paying for coupons to switch class because of their mistakes...

#3 Squallity, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  4. Faoiltiarna

Faoiltiarna Tamer EU

Cause they nerfed 1 skill people are freaking out? How unskilled do you want to be to just spam flame buster and win? With E buff u still have super strong poke so shut up.

Sevyrn likes this.
  5. GLOCK LESNAR

Stop being so retarded all your life. It affects every aspect of the class, a load of our 1v1 combos, guts our ability to efficiently grind any high density - low HP areas. Makes you completely static if you're trying to hit a fleeing target and even at 240+AP the damage is so low (being spammed at the fastest capacity) that a fairy can auto-pot through it. So yeah, we have a 0 damage skill, PvE ability is non-existent, PvP scale we have to stand on a single spot with just a frontal to have any form of use (with our new garbage range) and before you start spouting your cretinous "git gut, you have other skills" guess what? Most of our kit is bugged in 1 way or another.

Next time run your brain before you run your mouth, thank you and goodbye.

lnsidiousoul likes this.
  6. Waco

Because it has a huge impact on pve, it was an undocumented change, and frankly it makes the class feel clunky as we have to spam hotkeys 50% more times to get the same cancel to work (at this point its better to add a cd and be done with it tbh)

I don't understand why people come in from other class forums and baby rage about Berserkers - the changes which are happening are something any player of the game should be upset about. Undocumented changes and outstanding bugs are crippling the class and its something that has caused many players to quit. I guess we can still "e buff" and spam cannon shot then fish octobois afterwards since cannon is **** and grinding efficiency in lower hp spots is 30-50% slower because of "1 skill" which was nerfed

Mastagarwar, Tvvin, Thelemna and 3 others like this.
  7. Rionat

Rionat Berserker 63 NA

Flamebuster was the only thing that made Zerkers competitive in PvE especially at high density low hp areas. Pretty sure we're comparable to warriors now in PvE. And changing the functionality completely is lame af. A lot of our skills are bugged i.e. FD pretty ****ing huge when most of our skills simply don't do enough damage as a combo opener and smackdown is our best grab forcing us to FD but when FD ****s up theres 0 dmg coming through. Super armor removal on certain skills has made those skills completely useless i.e. titans blow. The first hit cc has made certain skills completely useless i.e. devastation/slugfest (if u get hit by the full duration your just bad even if you get stunned on the first hit you can walk out the later half of the skill and guess what most of the dmg on devastation is at the end i.e. flow earth dividing. I guess PA wants us to go to hysteria and use rabam and absolute spin2win and if we get those skills cancelled because of lack of anything I guess we'll just die. And in large scale we have 2 options. 1) Q buff (3 minute cooldown) spam cannon. 2) Run in AW and run out. Amazing and awesome gameplay its like we dont have like 90% of our other skills except stationary heals in between running in and AWing or spamming our cannon during a 3 minute cd q buff.

Souda and Waco like this.
  8. Asebring

This is a perfect showcase how unknowledgeable they are, maybe try get some feedback from a zerk that knows the class and how the abilities work before doing these kind of drastic changes? They "fix it" by changing abilities that wasnt OP(and huge part of zerk awaken gameplay) and the OP part is still left in the game :) I am sure they will nerf the "OP part" soon enough and not have the balls to correct their misstake they done with flame buster in the first place.

9. charley222

sorry but i just dont have any faith about what gm saying in this game is become a joke
    still fd is not fix and this team can not figure out crap :(

10. Avenon

surely, u never played zerker. FB is probably the most important skill for zerkers. using it in between all other skills, as a filler, due to the long cooldowns of other skills, as an opener, to defend, to hunt down fleeing enemies, cause our mobility is not the best, other skills dmg is based on flame buster, ect. pp....

it`s like u took away musas/maewahs dash, the warriors shield, ninjas stealth or doubled cd on witchards aoe-skills...

more than this, no one is crying because of the skill-nerf mentioned in the patch notes. they killed the whole class with what they did actually to this skill.
    furthermore it`s not our fault, that at least half of berzerkers skills are bugged or useless or both. so pls, just shut up.

11. Boojangles

Yea im not sure about that part. It might be annoying to do, but Zerk can move.

12. Hoomunculus

Sevyrn likes this.
  13. Avenon

yeah sure zerker can runaway a bit for short distances, but every musa/maewa will catch up quickly. ranger only needs to press w. so i see nothing wrong with saying "not the best". Anyway i need to clarify what i mean with not the best mobility. Saying so, i am thinking of large scale pvp, since this is the pvp i like and do the most. try to headbutting your way through a battlefield with many people. u will probably end up on your back. I mean, there is no comparison to dashing and iframing classes in large scale regarding mobility. but actually this not the topic here. we are talking bout dead flame buster.^^

14. Avenon

sounds reasonable. but more intereting...how the F did you canon-spam with zero side-jump animation in the old vid? xD i thought i would do it fast, but this was a new level...

15. Hoomunculus

I was using evasion instead of shake off, its a bit faster but used like 50 more stamina

16. Avenon

thanks mate. :-) hope they will fix it, so i can try it out.

17. What the ****... It's a documented change on KR. They WILL NOT fix it, since KR explicitly stated that Flame Buster will apply "general strike" instead of "charged" when used from quickslot.

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/update/read?articleId=687&pageIndex=1&bbsId=BDN002

● Flame Weapon technology has been changed to apply a general strike instead of a collecting strike when using it as a skill slot. (Modified)

And guess what, normal shot has 1 hit instead of two. You can compare tapping quickslot twice and just pressing RMB. And guess what... it's the same. Nothing was ninja nerfed, nothing is bugged.

I don't know what's worse. People who don't read patchnotes and cry OMG BUG to GMs, or GMs that have no ****ing idea and "forward it to bug hunting team".

Also Zerkers already found a way to shoot charged shots in PvE.

https://gyazo.com/483e7a2accf375921f545d3add809218

You are like 1 week and 50 braincells behind.

18. Avenon

dude chill. actually i read patchnotes. the englisch, the german and even the french ones. only KD change mentioned. korean is not in my repetoire, sorry for that, but insulting normal players who are dependent on this page is not nice. still, thanks for the information. would be even more appreciated if you could tell which way korean players found, because my poor brain does not understand what my inferior eyes see there.

19. Brace yourself, because this intricate and sophisticated mechanic may be too hard...

Hold LMB too.

And KR didn't find it. EU did. EU>NA as always.

Souda likes this.
  20. Avenon

At least i can see a good heart in this rude personality. ;-)

Edit: oh btw, this still does not explain why i can`t 1-shot fogans with RMB (i could do before) or why i do 1/3 dmg on ghostships with charged FB. so there was a ninjanerfed or bugged dmg.

#20 Avenon, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018