1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of Knowledge

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Eryola, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

The title... anyone else got it on EU/NA yet? I know someone in KR has it too.

2020-08-29_-2073828966.JPG
    2020-08-29_-2073051151.JPG

Place obligatory rant here: Why is an "impossible" title like this one standard BLUE?!? This is just as hard, if not harder to get than "30k"

Wyrmdancer, Justavisitor and Mr Deap like this.
  2. Khondo

Grats, I am only at 5476 but still have a heaps of knowledge I could get easily....way too many things to do in game.

I would be undecided as to display that title or stick with my my 30k title.

Eryola likes this.
  3. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

it was hard and impossible one year ago, nowaday it is not special anymore. by the end of the year most of people will have it.
    I have 5976 knowledge, i could get the title by creating chars deleting them and do the awakening quest.
    But i don't want to delete any chars and don't have free slot. When I understood that the more the game progress, the more knowledge are accessible. I just didn't bother anymore.
    the 30K title is way harder, because it requires more work.

Sorry to disappoint you: but it is just a simple title not worth being colored. Cheers.

ha yes congrats.

Ichab and Justavisitor like this.
  4. Mr Deap

I hope you do realize that you need to play a lot.

Smileybones likes this.
  5. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

I don't know since day one this title was actually my first goal, but when i saw ha a lot of people would get it, I just let it by side.
    I was always a fan of knowledge in BDO. Maybe this is why it doesn't seem to be that great, sorry.

Justavisitor likes this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You have played this game for how long now? You know they have zero respect for any time invested for anything.
    The 30k quests gets a yellow title, because it hands you a 300FS, which no sane person would not use to start their gambling venture.

Its like folding a full house. Sure you know its PA and they cheat, You know they got a royal flush, but for somereason you never learn and think this one time, a full house will win. IE the 300 FS. So you costume melt for the first time if you have been managing to avoid that lil trap this whole time.

Which most likely you are the demographic to not want to progress with gambling..you just finished 30k quests. So the gold title is for the ultimate gotcha.

They gave you the obligatory ingame perk for playing..the 20% buff. Now you cant complain about p2w in their eyes. "Shut up an take it". Is what the blue means.

If not, then they will change it. And my lil rants gets you a nice title :).

#6 Kynreaa, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Considering there are 6010 obtainable knowledges ingame currently (with 2 being Mutant Ogre and Mutant Troll which are ultra rng based), I don't see it as something many people will get very soon, even with the O'dyllita knowledges added. And a "First!" stays a first. ;)
    "30k" isn't harder, since you don't need to level trading, alchemy, cooking, fishing(...), explore the whole world and effectively do -everything-. Instead you just repeat the same boring stuff 20 times.

"God of Knowledge" was -literally- impossible a year ago... only the last patch with this year's Mysteries of Summer event added the last needed knowledges to even reach the 6001 count.

Smileybones likes this.
  8. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

ok i give you that. it was a pain to lvl up trading just for the knowledge. I guess you are right.
    So make a suggestion, to have it colored. I would benefit from it too.

Justavisitor likes this.
  9. Aysnvaust

I've got the "early bird" title. This one will be out of reach forever and ever for the vast majority of the players.
    ;)
    Plus it's pretty effective in shutting down fellow players who want to "explain" to you how the game works.
    That aside: gratz on "30k" as well as "God Of Knowledge" - something I will never achieve :)

10. Khondo

I would not call it simple, I got 30k quests done nearly a year ago. Granted I stopped focusing on knowledge around that time as well. But still I would not call it "simple".

Smileybones likes this.
  11. Aurasormr

WHY would any1 go for 30k quests D:

12. Khondo

Why do people grind mobs 8 hours a day?

13. Aurasormr

to get shinies i assume ?

14. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

how much knowledge do you have now?

15. Sage Shion

There are approximately 6022 current obtainable knowledge entries (minus the mutant troll and ogre; so 6024 if you count those).
    Currently on 5970 and missing:
    2 trade good knowledge
    4 ecology (Gate Keepers) (Rift seed and mutant ogre/troll also but i believe rift seed is also impossible?)
    18 Great Marni Stone entries
    13 other adventure journal entries (compass/infinite potions included)
    1 manufacturing (Violent sea monster scale x1 + Saltwater croc scale x1)
    4 hunting (3 blue whale items and 1 khalk)
    6 fishing (Minke whale, Sperm Whale, Luvar, 3 prized fish [not including the black crab since currently unknown])
    2 guru boxes (alch and cook)
    1 crystal (Skill) [experience and descent missing too but unsure if possible?]
    1 simple alchemy (Sea monster ooze x1 + Starlight emulsifier)
    Counting up all those comes out to 52 knowledge entries so 5970 + 52 = 6022 at the very least, could be more if the crystal of experience knowledge is also obtained once you get it from blue whale (so I have heard from a couple years back)

16. Faythscar

Faythscar Ranger 63 EU

Actually surprised people have been able to reach 5900+ at this point. I'm at 5783 at the moment and currently focusing on harpooning and prize catches as well as everything trading over Master 8. The only thing that's blocking me at the moment from more entries is the need of a guild house for guild processing knowledge. With the amount of knowledge that's in the H tab but doesn't actually exist in the game I didn't think getting God of Knowledge was possible at this point.

And yeah, very sad to see the title isn't coloured. :/

17. Khondo

Gained Knowledge is only 5477.

18. Denthors

upload_2020-9-7_23-9-7.png

I kinda gave up , too many "missing/fake" knowledge entry in our version

19. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Yup, I missed some I wasn't thinking of... for example I lack the map and compass entries, since I did both before the knowledges were added and I really don't feel like farming a second set just to get the knowledges.
    You are correct on Rift Seed, I believe too it's unkillable... we hit one for several minutes with a full group and it didn't change color. So it's either unkillable or has unrealistically much hitpoints/dp.
    Black Crab doesn't exist ingame atm (or noone has found it yet, which I find unlikely).
    I have the Magic Crystal of Infinity - Descent knowledge. The experience one is gainable when you loot (hunting) it from a Khalk/Blue Whale. The green exp crystal you need to craft it is not in our version of the game.

20. Sage Shion

How were you able to obtain the Descent knowledge? was that also from loot from hunting?
    Also in regards to the ecology - Boss category, am I right in my assumption that the following are unobtainable? If not, are they from questline?
    Helms Tribe Chief
    Black Mane
    Biraghi
    Gehaku
    Queen Stoneback Crab (checked all crossroads and doesnt seem like it is a boss anymore)
    Mad Scientist's Assistant
    Kelcas
    Guard Ruins Tower