1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden Current Event, Best Spot?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DrakeBlonde, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DrakeBlonde

Hey guys, been waiting for this event for a while now, and now since we know there will be multiple fishing spots, where do you think will be the best one? They said that at Termian the chances of catching the fish will be a bit higher, but with all the people gathering fishing will be slower aswell. Is it better to stack up with the rest, or go to a less populated spot?

3e0f82378ed826caf3988c13e5f6399f.jpeg

2. Amirite

Terrmian Beach even if a lot is aiming for that. I might myself try travel to Grana.

3. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Valencia Desert seems to be a good place.

Seilla and zhagsten like this.
  4. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

duvencrune, cause not many people there.

5. t4mpel

Asking for that on forum gives me headache.

Flood and Maginha like this.
  6. Jhaelen

Is the Grana location in the town? Don't recognize the location

7. DarkBever

Yes send them all to Duvencrune. [​IMG]

Seilla likes this.
  8. Whitrix

Ambassador

Yes, it's beneath the bridge in one of the entrances to the city.

9. Jhaelen

Thank you very much Whitrix:)

10. Seilla

ROFL. Had the same idea but actually won't share it because the city is a dead spot 24/7. Even in duvencrance or altinova you'll find more ppl.

11. KatieXKhaos69

Its not going to matter, you have a higher chance catching them at the actual event location though. They just have them spread out so the event area won't be as laggy.

12. Kifon

Is this confirmed ?

13. Sheepless

Sheepless DarkKnight 62 NA

upload_2019-8-8_0-0-40.png

Smileybones and Kifon like this.
  14. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

That is wrong.
    It is north of Grána, if you pass the training area and pay NPC "Merindora" a visit since she is looking in direction of the pavilion that you can see on the left border of the screenshot. It also is one of the locations for the daily spirit-quest.

15. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

From my past experience with the fishing events, the resources of the event area had little effect changes on my timing to catch fish. If this is true or a "tin foil" observation I can't say for sure. Either way the change in resources of an area for fishing only effect how long it takes to get a bit, not what can be caught. I do notice a small difference in the amount of time needed to fill my inventory when a fishing location is Abundant vs Not Enough, but not enough of a difference to raise any concerns for myself really. The only issue I would see in choosing a location would be the number of players there in regards to your system's rendering. If your PC lags out to much it may impact your ability to fish more quickly, but much like Vell before they add it to more channels or some world bosses, if you lower your graphic settings your system should perform better. If you are one to decide to just AFK it always anyways, what does it matter if you lower your setting to the worse looking graphic for the event or not.

In the end I think most players will still be at the Terrmian Park, so it just matters where do you feel most comfortable to set up.

16. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

But if you say "there is not much of a difference between Abundant and Not Enough" in terms of filled inventory (respective catching events) and they also claim, that Terrmian Beach has a raised catch probability, than it is quite obvious why so many players stay at Terrmian.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Yeah but the time to get a bite varies significantly wether the area is abundant or not, therefore it makes a rather big difference in overall fishing speed.

Thus, given what "slightly higher chances" means in Pearl Abyss' language, I'd fish at an abundant place rather than Termian.

Myntiix likes this.
  18. Gun_Runner

Possibly but we don't know exact numbers of everything, just random guesses from our own observations. I best guess is since PA said the chance is higher at the Termian Park, most players will go there by default.

I have 192 slot (12 filled as I start fishing) and am Guru Fishing. The overall difference to me between Abundant and Not Enough is about 30 minutes max of AFK fishing time needed. Bite time does differ but personally the difference is not noticeableenough to use this as a major deciding factor.

I am at Terrmian Park currently but with my setting I only see about 8 people around me here. But I turn everybody else off as much as possible in my settings normally. If I don't see them I don't have to deal with them.

19. Foo

Foo

if you can get abundant at any of the golden trout locations more power to you honestly

20. Gun_Runner

True, lol. Terrmian Park was Abundant for the first 30 minutes as servers came up and an hour and a half later and it is already Not Enough.