1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Black Desert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rororina, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Rua

Rua

I like both games i actually didnt play gw2 since 3 years ago, and barely play bdo

i have10k+ hours in both and the only time i saw cheaters, i can count with my hand and were perma banned within the same week ,the amount of money they exploit is a joke compared to making a tungrad ring every 15min in bdo

I also never got a single precursor drop, but still have 9 legendary weapons, in BDO it doesnt matter if you want to progress you relly 100% in luck

there is no p2w in gw2.. "infinite tools"? its not like tools in bdo that you have to craft, tools are 3 silver in the npc.. recovering your irl money of tools would take a year of gathering which nobody does really in gw2, its just to save inventory, you actually lose and alot of money by buying these

you can pay with real money for gold, but they have nothing like artisan mem, tent, value packs, weight , pets that directly impact the income

#41 Rua, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Asato and Alicia Dominica like this.
  2. Kukiyu

I quitted 6 Months ago and only came back to bot, yikes.

crawlord and Smilence like this.
  3. orangeman

orangeman Brutalrage Berserker 62 EU

thats your opinion lol

4. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

I feel kind of same.
    Is there any purpose of this game? Besides the gear progression?

I see only one way, PEN way!
    And there is nothing else to do just the gear progression. And nothing else matters. The whole game pushes you towards to this feeling, that you need to upgrade and upgrade and upgrade, and grind and grind and grind, endlessly.

In PVE there is nothing else to do just money making.
    One way train. The whole games is built around a single player experince. There is no social, group content, group rewards, group XP on life skills, there is no challenge, no conquer feeling in PVE. Just brainless grind from dusk till down. Just do your own business and there are no social, multiplayer aspect of the game.

In PVP, sorry but I have zero experince in PVP, but what I have seen week to week, is a repetitive boring system that again, pushes you to go further your gear progression and nothing else matters skills are not matter, nothing else rewards coming from this, only how much AP you have. Like in a HEADSHOT type of FPS where the fights are not longer than 3 seconds. Open world PVP is some kind of joke?! The jail system this negative karma thing. Is it necessary to do it like this? Is there a need for this at all? I do not think so. This is a just a lacking developer skils I think.

In overall, BDO is nothing more than just a fancy graphics, with a beautiful world, with beautiful characters, and a very good combat system. And... I just stop here because I have nothing positive left to say about the game.

Now I see the point.
    The developers had some kind of idea to create something groundbreaking technology on the mmo market, but the process just stopped here. It is an UNFINISHED product, in which they wanted to put everything that exists in an mmo. But they forgot to make it a whole a coherent world with PVX, with rewarding system, with aims, and not just only one progression way, with multiplayer activites, with boundaries, with levels, with progression states, with logic thinking, with working systems, with considered decisions, with multiplayer roles on both sides of the coin, with challenges.

And not cheaters, hackers, lollyshop, pinky celebs who fighting in high heels.

#44 Vyky, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Asato, Fearless V and KruemelMonster like this.
  5. Crixis

I agree with what you said about the community, sadly it is what it is and hard to change that at the moment.
    The Saddest part is that when you try to give examples of other games to make this game better people get mad like crazy and they don't want you giving any ideas to people and I don't know why. Some time ago I put up a thread and I said that the combat in BDO is the best ever but game modes sux (especially red battle) and that the WvW model in GW2 is the best pvp model I have ever seen; suddenly people got so mad and bombarded me with all kinds of toxic replies, I had to delete the post altogether.

6. Angarato

7. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

GW2 is more of a themepark, and heavily instanced, it literarly lacks the great feel of vast open world BDO offers. I do agree however that BDO needs to incorporate some activities other games has, like GW2s 5v5 or some sort of arena system. Even the WvWvW is really chill cuz u can instantly jump in, join a zerg and have fun all day. We need more go-to activities in BDO, RBF is an example of something like it but it still only scratches the surface. We need more situations where you come home from school or work and dont think about going for grinding or lifeskill sessions to keep that weekly upkeep going, but other stuff that is fun and make the hours fly away, as the chairman said he wanted BDO to be. For some that is grinding and lifeskills, but in a world like this u need more vast varied things to do, stuff that also bring ppl together.

Personally I dont mind the unfair rng, it takes time, some are lucky, some are not, make wise choices and u have more chances, as with real life. I really do appreciate all that is different in BDO because I dont find that in other mmorpgs, yet BDO has much to grow on. Im only a bit put down since devs dont communicate well enough like other games with their weekly streams and more interaction with players, not just one way.

Wet Cake, choovanski and Crixis like this.
  8. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

I think it is not about communication with the players on forums.
    This game is completely lack of everything what we traditionally call MULTIPLAYER ROLE.

I ask:
    - why cannot do life skils together in a 5 man group for the maximum amount of xp? Why cannot do gathering, fishing, taming, processing, cooking, alchemy, crafting, imperial packeging in a group? For the less making time, and for the maximum amount of income and xp.
    - why cannot do challenges for life skiller groups? Daily, Weekly Monthly rewards, achievements, titles, etc. Who was the best group in cooking, fishing, gathering, etc.
    - why cannot do challenges for every field, world, group whatever bosses for group players, for raids, for guilds? Again for challenge, achievement, for maximum income, and amount of xp.
    - why cannot do tactics, mechanical accessories (guns, cannons, arrows, flame towers, etc.) for all the bosses, in a 5 man, 10 man, 20 man, 40 man difficulty level? Is it so hard to believe it can doable?
    - why cannot do random horse races from A town to B town, between two or more players, like the duel system? With rewards, achievements, titles, etc.
    - why cannot do bar fights in every town in the cellar with a bidding system on each group for those who want to watch the fights and earn some money? 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, with challenges (biggest hit, last man standing, longest fight, shortest fight...), achievements, titles etc. Of course with weekly, daily, monthly rewards. Where everybody can call out and test the best player, best group. Drunken fights with screen and slower movement effects just for the fun.
    - why cannot do weekly horse fair in every town? In an open area where everybody can show their best and beauty horse and can sell it with a fair realtime bidding system.
    - why cannot do different challenges for pvpers? Like mercenaries, assassins, bounty hunters? Again 5v5, 10v10, 20v20. This is the open world pvp! Where groups seeking and hunting down each other, for money, for title, for rewards, for xp, for glory. Again, with daily, weekly, monthly rewards, challenges, ranks, titles, etc.

This would so easily make this game the number one.
    If you have ideas you do not have to ask the "community".

And you what you get instead of these?
    Pearl shop items, and another class...

#48 Vyky, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Asato and Crixis like this.
  9. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

You, too. I wish the best for you in your future ordeals :)

10. choovanski

bad game w huge balance issues to bad game w huge balance issues

have fun w the PvP bots and condi aids lol

Fearless V and lRNGesusl like this.
  11. choovanski

also, lol at the people who think gw2 isn't toxic as all heck... y'all obviously never done pvp

people afk over anything man. it's a **** show. so toxic

zero punishment for afking too lol

terrible PvP experience

Fearless V and lRNGesusl like this.
  12. Kukiyu

Better then a ruined economy, fish botting, speed hacking, and many features more such as how many players in one ch. or instant loot since BDO is like client sided only OMEGALUL. and dont forget 0 communication from Kakao or PA at all. BTW Wizard and Witch still not fixed and degraded to lifeskill.
    Or the HIGH OCTANE FLUID ACTION COMBAT WITH AUTO AIM AN DESYNC FOR MAXIMUM FUN XD
    Btw the Auto Aim was added from the beginning because they knew they want to milk consoles as well, just a hint.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  13. Wylph

Wylph Ninja 62 EU

Banned cheaters don't get to moan.

Wet Cake likes this.
  14. choovanski

lol I never said that BDO was better, you needn't get your jimmies so rustled young child

GW2 and BDO are equally trash, just in different ways. both have some of the worst communication and balancing decisions I have ever seen

Fearless V likes this.
  15. lRNGesusl

Nice speech!... Oh wait, there is no speech, you can't argue because you have nothing to say. So sad :(

16. Wylph

Wylph Ninja 62 EU

Do you need a speech to express the irony of someone moaning about cheating when they've been banned for that exact thing?

Wet Cake, Fearless V and choovanski like this.
  17. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

this is true lol, i remember there were always that one guy who thought he was smarter n kept cussing out someone, or if someone did a mistake at the beginning of the spvp game u could easily get flamed

choovanski likes this.
  18. Kukiyu

"Uga uga My Game is is wonderful and has no issues Uga Uga"

19. lRNGesusl

You are right, BDO is good:
    - there aren't cheater, there is an efficient anti cheat system based on logs;
    - this isn't the only game based on: B2P, P2P, P2W, P2P (pay to progress) and F2P;
    - developers always listen the community, they made a promise an they always kept it, like the karma system;
    - developers know all the mechanics about the game, especially the RNG percentage;
    - this game isn't based on a casinò with cheating system;
    - the best activity in this game isn't grind and enchant, there is more else to do, like stay afk 24/7 and do the same activity again and again.
    Yes, it seems good to me :)

Kukiyu likes this.
  20. Kukiyu

In your opinion, but BDO is the worst thing ever in MMORPG history, just right besides Bless Online.

Columba likes this.