1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Black Desert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rororina, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

yeah , I'm gonna decide which game to play because Steam tells me so,
    must download 2011's skyrim.

2. Kukiyu

Well it is a top notch Game, unlike some BDO trash omegiluli.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  3. LightningFFXIII-4

I'm waiting for the FFXIV expansion or FF20 (next final fantasy mmo, GW3 or maybe WoW2).

Almost tried Bless only bec this community kept talking about it. You never hear Bless in FFXIV.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

@LightningFFXIII-4 is getting payouts now, just saying. It's ok tho, new players can compete with him because all he provided yet apart from photoshopped screenshots, is a video where he kills idle players while yelling look at me I kill sieges players 111!one

5. 2Cents

Receiving 13B a week wouldn't be a problem for most of the community, that is of course if they where receiving.

It takes a special champion,

A noble beast,

An incredible person,

Yes, I'm talking about myself,

To say it's wrong period.

Kukiyu likes this.
  6. LightningFFXIII-4

If someone is getting a 13bil payout right now, let me see a screenshot, I'll quit right now.

7. Asato

Guild wars never did that. They've always sold their huge expansions. And I loved that about GW1. I bought the 3rd expansion and played it, then later I bought the 2nd expansion and finally I bought the "base game". They were all full of contents and can be like stand alone games and the stories were really nice! Unfortunately I'm not a PvE player anymore and didn't follow GW2's story as much, only played PvP.
    I heard the last expansion on GW2 is back at Elona (GW1 Nightfall map) and I'm excited to buy and play on that nostalgic map tho. Anyway, I believe the contents of the expansions are huge in GW2; as they were already doing the live stories for free every X months and those you could consider as free expansions (as others developpers would make you pay); for a PvE player the amount of content is really huge. So those expansions are really worth paying for if you like the PvE contents behind them.

And why would you think even the nicest developers in their right mind wouldn't charge for HUGE expansions ? I mean it's a loot of work for them.

Whereas, in BDO... well, the content they release is so lazy and so much less. I think in 1 year (because initially I bought the game last summer and tried for 2 weeks), there's not much of actual content; maybe you can go from +15 to +20; maybe they've unlocked parts of the map (that they could have already done with the initial game?) and that's it; I didn't see like real exciting contents... What I mean is, they're lazy and they built their game to be lazy easy money for them.

Only the graphics and the "combat" mechanics (when you're not fighting a mobs) attract people initially and maybe most stay for it. It's just... BDO could have much more potential.

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  8. Asato

Those can be photoshopped ! It would be easy to make you quit xD don't ask for that !

Smileybones likes this.
  9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

And we all know now how much a sucker @LightningFFXIII-4 is for photoshopped evidence.

10. LightningFFXIII-4

11. Asato

What happened to the other thread? The one about your guild and seahunting payouts?

12. Gobarnachta

Goodbye Moonmen

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I don't belong to DeadSerious guild and I don't know what happened to the thread.

14. 2Cents

No, PA would have protection measure to prevent such abuse.

ROFL I'm just kidding their toilet bowl coding wouldn't take a single measure to stop it.

Blackhearted likes this.
  15. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

Ah. So, I never played GW1 so had no backstory prior to what I was given in GW2. I just did some quick digging to find that there are currently 4 "versions" of the game they mention: Free, Core, HoT, and PoF. So, looking at a chart of the differences amongst them, I guess I had (have?) the 'core' version, as I stopped playing before HoT. What I had considered expansions before then involved some Island thing that they added at some point after launch, and fractals were later added, maybe some additional upper-tier content at that time as well... so they were adding content I was not having to pay for. I guess I thought that HoT (and now PoF) was sorta like that stuff. But apparently not.

Asato likes this.
  16. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

:(

17. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

cogent thinking never ceases to impress .

i raff this !

18. Alicia Dominica

"Free" and core are the same these days, they simply made the core game f2p with the launch of the first expansion. As an old player who played prior to 2015 and the release of the HoT expansion, you will have that core version still. What you pay for are the two expansions, which offer a lot of content as others already pointed out. They offered a deal back then that you would get an extra char slot when you purchased an expansion with an account that "bought" the core game, not sure if that offer is still active these days.

In addition to that, there are "living story" (LS) chapters that are placed between the expansions. Something like: Core game > LS1 (no longer playable, but you can watch a summary at one of the NPCs) > LS2 > HoT > LS3 > PoF > LS4 (ongoing). The difference between the expansions and the LS is that the latter are being released for free at the time when they come out (split into chapters). However, as a returning player who missed out on the freebie, you'll have to purchase them for gems later. They aren't that pricey though and you can convert ingame gold to gems and buy them like that if you're really interested. They are just bridging the story between expansions though and are in no way essential to have from a purely gameplay point of view.

Fractals were introduced prior to the expansions and they are considered as "core content", though having the expansions certainly helps when it comes to playing the high-tier ones.

All in all, their pricing is fair as they primarily charge for the expansions, with some additional fee for the living stories for players that weren't around at the time of their release. Everything else put in the store are cosmetics or the usual slot/bank expansions.

Kymbur likes this.
  19. Kukiyu

Because People dont need to Jump off the Game, it is good and working, no need to talk about other games and quitting.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  20. xLightning

inb4 banned. ok it worked