1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grabs after CC

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

this single ranger and the other 20 people around you

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i love it how i actually hellfired in your back in this clip and it barely phased you because of how stupid skill doesnt apply hits/damage on moving targets.

also, that ranger from the clip is retarded level gear, he erases me from existence by looking my way :D

#22 WhySoSeeryus, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

none of them is attacking me but keep talking, my block breaks within the first dash, i guess you didnt notice

upload_2020-6-29_14-48-31.png

block breaks while closing in 2 meters on him (but I guess it was the s-walking wizard that desytroyed it or the guardians at rander range in the background)

https://streamable.com/kgrjk8

or this one also nice

#23 Luminosity, Jun 29, 2020
    BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  4. BDO_Nictofilia

Also, let's not forget about that sometimes even if you are using your protection rotation correctly, you can die anyways. Why? High AP.
    SA is not a crazy thing, you can still get damage and there are classes who will take most of your hp in a single skill. For example, I had a mirror match DK vs DK, we both used Lunacy of Vedir (high dmg SA), but I was quicker and I took 60% of her HP and I took no dmg bc of Nocturne, while we both were in SA. Guess who had advantage in the fight now?

You won't always kill someone without landing a cc and just win by raw damage, that also depends on the matchup. But this is really important to keep in mind, SA arent like iframes, it's just a basic protection so that the duel doesnt last 5 seconds.

5. WhySoSeeryus

that guy is in the ballpark of 305/309 ap with rbf crystals on top tho. fg skills lose block gauge way faster than q block.

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

So what? He should just kill everyones block, before they are even close to touching him? Or should only 500DP Ninjas be able to get to him? And how do they kill him then? It sounds almost as if 375 DP is just low gear and therefor should not get to 300AP Ranger. Even though 300AP is easy with Distortions, even more easy when you do not need any DP since everything dies before touching you.

And when you corner him he just spams his single skill
    https://streamable.com/y1ytw6
    and gets out. At the same time ranger keep claiming it would not work.

7. impurety

Rangers got ranged damage that is a protection itself. Even a good striker or mystic cant close the gap vs a high ap ranger so there already dead before there in grab range. Removing grabs without giving something back will only result people stop playing classes that are already not played by many. It will not hurt the classes that are op now like wizard, sorc, guardian.

8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

he actually dies. get your prioritys right as a valk and yes dp is useless against succ

9. BDO_Nictofilia

That's what happens when PA creates classes based on press a key in melee range and win instead of a normal and decent playstyle like all other classes, so it would be normal to expect half of the classes to die if they ever nerfed grabs. As I said before grabs should be the tool to counter constant protection rotations and not ''the skill that will give you victory'' you'll spam until it lands.

It's just more logical and balanced to keep all classes using normal cc skills instead of being based on grabs.

10. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Yo, he dies after spamming 80 saltos dodging several multihit cc's. He got away from me, he then got cc'ed by someone else(attemtping some skill, I think "e" or "s+e"), again dodged dmg with the salto(which is claimed to totally be a super unreliable not spammable iframe) before he finally dies. But yeah ranger is so easy to catch, I see. Totally defenseles.

11. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

you cant spam a grab and you cant just randomly press it. you have to get close and aim it accordingly. thats way harder than entire DK succ gameplay
    this iframe has 12 seconds cooldown and how he is using it, only every second salto has an iframe
    inbetween the 12 seconds last time a ranger tried to do this against me, he got grabed instantly.
    this is also known as a bug not an intended feature.
    and if you cant block it then you need to iframe the shot.

#31 Wollbert, Jun 29, 2020
    FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  12. BDO_Nictofilia

The thing is, if the few current ranged classes get such high AP that no matter your DP you'll die without reaching them, it's pointless to fight them. That is what mobility and burst mobility skills are used for, and Valks, being a class based on blocks and few else, it's not surprising to see what Luminosity showed.

13. BDO_Nictofilia

''Spam grab'' means that you'll get in, do all your SAs and try to grab (oh, also protected in some cases) and get away and play defensive until you can use it again. Aiming a grab doesn't seem too hard when you have desync, animation locks, gaps, and relatively big grab hitboxes dont you think? Specially, compare aiming a grab to doing good plays to get your opponent cc'ed without using grabs. That's deffo harder than getting close and ignore whatever protections your opponent has.

14. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

depends on the class. deffffo not for the most classes without grabs. since they can spam instant CCs out of their teleporting iframes

15. BDO_Nictofilia

1/19 classes you've mentioned there and that is sorc

16. ColdCashDivine

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

DK can Ninja/Kuno can even if they also have grab. RMBs can do this. Wizard in succ. i cant even think of one class unable to do it.

18. BDO_Nictofilia

19. WhySoSeeryus

those backflips are ********, i have to agree.

20. WhySoSeeryus