1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grabs after CC

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 29, 2020.

1. BDO_Nictofilia

The time you have to react to an ''instant'' (since there's always a bit of delay) cc is enough for you to iframe, Sa, or block, whereas the time you have against a grab is meaningless and you cant evade it unless you luckily iframe it. The quickest class to do that could be a sorc iframe --> shadow ignition -----> iframe cancel ----> shadow eruption ----> iframe cancel, a classic in which you could insivibly cc people.
    A grab can be used anytime you're close enough, normal CCs are more predictable.

#41 BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

there is no time to react to instant iframe CCs, especially if you have limited defense tools. blocks are completly out of the place since im no valk and my back is open. grabs on the other side are the most predictable moves in the game, you can easily dodge that with unprotected movement. My double S slide on witch is enough to dodge half of the grabclasses out there.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

That ranged damage they say!

Not a excuse for poor balance. Here is a fact about Ranger. Almost all the other classes except for Shai has more damage than Ranger. Here is another one ALL of the grab classes can instantly close range. So are you now going to tell me Ranger is only a class, when you have gear that less than 1% of the BDO community has? That stink of imbalance.

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  4. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

to be fair this is awakening Ranger, the vid from rbf was succ ranger. Succ ranger has no grab or block or something at all except dmg. tho we dont know the strikers dp and the ranger is doing his combo horribly wrong

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  5. BDO_Nictofilia

Well that is what back attacks are for? How do you think non-grab classes can cc then? They rely on being fast enough to cc from the back or in any mistake you do like leaving an empty unprotected gap. You dont need to be a valk to block a few skills and get away afterwards until you recover resources, watching your back and how your opponent is moving is a basic to prevent them from cc'ing you. Meanwhile, grab classes dont have to worry about the opponent being on SA or blocking, only iframes.

And let me doubt that, not even with an SA dash I could get away in time from a quick grab specially with large grab hitboxes or desync, since personally I dont have and backward dash. That's why I'd rather not spend time in melee range vs grab classes.

6. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

sorry this sounds like a git gud issue to me. and desync does not works only in one way. DK has by far enough iframes to prevent grabs either. to even punish them if unprotected

7. impurety

That clip is 8 months old before succession got released.

8. BDO_Nictofilia

I've seen one thread, then I made another thread, and recently I've seen ANOTHER thread about dk iframes. 3 threads there. Dk iframes are garbage to avoid grabs and quick cc skills. Dusk and Chain: Dusk have a significant gap at the start of them in which even if you react before they grab/cc lands on you, the gap between becoming invincible gets you killed.

9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yeah i've seen 20 threats with whining DKs, and they are pretty worthless since DKs are big crybabys. you can also cast your iframe earlier to close the gap. dont blame me for this unwillingness to learn. i play classes entirely without reliable iframes.

10. BDO_Nictofilia

Check this out. I made duels with a guildie for the purpose of recording the gaps that happen often. You can see on the skill cooldowns of Dusk goes on cooldown but I get CC because of the gap right after using WoF. Already posted it on the thread I started some time ago.

11. BDO_Nictofilia

So you're suggesting that I just spam iframes, which each have 2sec and 5 sec CD respectively. As if I was a sorc.
    Come on xd... if your argument is just accusing of stupid noobs the DKs that inform about something that could be better there's no point at going on with this convo.

12. Fearless V

I believe if grabs are going to be as OP as they are. Than to balance them out. They would need a minimal 45 second cooldown on them. That way people can't just spam Insta-I-Win-Grab button.

Because atm BDO PvP combat is very one dimensional. MMOs that have less abilities on bar have a higher degree of complexity in their PvP combat than BDO. I'm thinking about MMOs like ESO and GW2. Though I suspect that's why people like BDO PvP. Because it's brain dead simple. Get gear on OP class than profit little thinking needed.

13. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

happens to me often enough especially with non grab classes like maewha. so ping and fps matter as well, look up your settings. or dont use it in redmoon.

use your skill accordingly, dont spam it. grabs have 10 seconds cooldown, so nobody can really pressure you with it.
    and im not the one wanting the game to change in his favor. so its your job to deliver some valid arguments

14. impurety

Thats not gonne fix anything the best 1v1 classes like sorc and ninja will still be the best. And wiz and guardian wil still rule in large scale pvp. A 45 second cooldown on grabs will only make a meme of classes that are already in a bad spot like striker and beserker.

15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well, i guess we can meet half way :p

20-23 secs? :D

what would be nice tho, is if grabs went on cd if u get grounded so there arent cheese grab reversals.

#55 WhySoSeeryus, Jun 29, 2020
  16. BDO_Nictofilia

Im literally the guy investing effort to write an understandable argument from the very beginning that doesnt soud selfish or nonsense.
    If you saw your class had something that struggles a lot with, Im sure you'd ask for options to make it better, not only for you, but for general balance. I'd never ask something that looks clearly overpowered, and if somehow it turns out to be op, they can just reverse the changes.
    So there's no need to compare me with the guys who ask for op things or constantly **** talk about other classes because they want the others nerfed to death.
    I really like this game, and Im here in the forums doing my best because I want it to thrive so that maybe, some day, if PA wants, we will enjoy a good balanced game without p2w and all that bs; so I'd never suggest something Im aware it wouldnt be healthy for the game.

Also, does it sounds like a valid argument?
    Before, you told me to git gud without having any idea of how good or bad my skills are (and that isnt even the topic), and you also claimed that dk has plenty of iframes to easily avoid grabs. I told you about dk's iframe gaps and you end up suggesting that instead of just changing it to be an actual iframe that activates as soon as I react, you tell me to spam it before the grab/cc comes... doesnt that sound silly? And then you tell me to use the skill correctly and dont spam the iframe, and there we go back to when I told you about dk's iframes gaps.

??????

#56 BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 29, 2020
  17. BDO_Nictofilia

I really like your idea, it would really balance things between non-grab and grab classes so that both have the chance to perform their max dmg combo without getting insta grabbed before finishing.

18. Vortexii

Any skill used within "grab range" should automatically bypass all Gaurd, FG, SA. Otherwise what you are saying is classes like DK, Witch essentially have Zero Protections ever. This would help balance it, and is also why Wizard is finally so strong. It busts the already broken mechanics like a Sorc.

For best results, don't bother playing BDO for PVP at all lol.

19. impurety

I would be fine with that if grab classes get something back in return like 1 iframe skill or more damage on a few skills. Because like i said before the best pvp classes dont have or dont rely on a grab. Just taking something away from classes that are already not the best in pvp is only making it worse imo.

20. Fearless V

Quite frankly I think most people that plays BDO couldn't care less for large scale PvP. Large Scale PvP is only accessible to like less than 5% of the BDO community. 1v1s on the other hand is what most of the BDO community has to deal with on a hourly basis.

So forgive me for saying 1v1 PvP balance should take extreme precedent over large scale PvP. But honestly that's how it should be.

Quinra and BDO_Nictofilia like this.