1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grabs after CC

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 29, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well, lets try this approach, would you rather put higher cd on grabs, or give people endangered/heavily countered by grabs way more mobility and iframes to outplay them? :)

BDO_Nictofilia and Fearless V like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I like those two options. But I'd much rather so grabs go the route of the Ranger's defensive kit.

3. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

you obviously dont have the knowledge to see what you do to certain classes if you just nerf grabs. you only see your DK beeing uncatchable finally. and idk in what way this is healthy. fixing DK iframes would be a reasonable change
    i dont know what you dont understand in use your skills accordingly and play around it. i have to deal with classes blinking into my back from renderdistance with an CC that goes off before they get visable again. and you cant see a grab coming.

4. BDO_Nictofilia

Whatever, everyone's free to see things from a fixed perspective if that makes them happy, understand things however you want to, it's not worth it anymore to try and explain stuff/points since you'll say whatever you want without even trying to stick to the topic. Ty for having a look at the thread.

#64 BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

To be honest with the amount of mobility in this game, grab is needed, if you want to remove grab then iframes need to be removed, and if you remove iframes then knock downs and other ccs need to go, I mean the whole structure of pvp in this game was made with all the cc, damage, and grab in mind. Movement is everything in this game btw.

IWalkAlone and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  6. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Some classes that just don't have decent mobility are darn near free kills for mobile grab classes. Grab classes should either get a big cooldown on grabs or take a huge hit to mobility. To give classes that don't have mobility or a grab a chance to defend their spot. I'm not even going to talk about large scale balance when it only consumes 2 out of the 24 hours in a day. Protected grabs are one of the most OP mechanic I've seen in a MMO by far. And I've played quite of few.

7. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

All classes are VERY mobile in bdo, but witch/wiz valk are on the lower end "still high by mmo standards " plus two of those have a grab. Every class has its strengths, how can you deal with a dash > dash > burst musa with no grab? He will run around you in circles and kill you, just an example. Classes that dont have a grab have other perks instead.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

how did u even put valk in the same sentence with witch and wizard in a talk about mobility? (not mentioning succ wiz coz thats another story)

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  9. BDO_Nictofilia

From the moment you said ''remove grabs'' the rest isn't relevant. Don't take this personal but, is people even bothering to read carefully what others are saying and understand what they mean?
    Suggesting a change that is more like a mechanic rather than a change in the skill description itself is NOT removing grabs.
    I would've already said that in the beginning if I suggested that grabs should be removed, but I didnt say anything about that.

And please briefly explain me what is the problem with mobility from your perspective, I dont see how mobility could be so problematic if you dont have grabs when there are classes without grabs already correctly outplaying the opponent to get them, so Im curious to know and understand it.

#69 BDO_Nictofilia, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. BDO_Nictofilia

In a duel one of the first things you want to keep in mind when fighting is wether your opponent has more mobility than you or not, that could decide you choose to engage or you let them come to you for example.
    I think I get what you mean with ''all classes are very mobile'' but that's a basic for an action or realistic combat, imo, and definitely not all classes have the same mobility, it matters even if the slightest difference.
    I've never faced a musa with grab in my favor and I dont even consider them a problem. They can be a bit more difficult but it's a matter of getting used to them. I assume that if they can have perma SA on dashes their weakness will be the moment they attack, just like a sorc constantly iframing.