1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GrandpaCron Santa Event is everything, but not an event. it spreads toxicity!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Dec 21, 2019.

1. ghoulz666

Silicone isn't a race.........

Besides.... This is a pvp game... right...? That's what everyone says. So deal with it. People are too fragile today. People are so shocked of hostility in a game where people kill each other. The hell did you people expect...?

#21 ghoulz666, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Roechacca likes this.
  2. MADE

Make it 1s, and it's still fine.

Not like it would have any value in it... I opened around 300 so far, nothing of value, 95% hats, which you can't even sell for at least a few silver...
    Guess the pet have a drop rate like 0.1% and the costume have 0.001% we are talking about kakao after all...

3. Cyllie

Back on topic, ignoring all the racist back and forth...

Oh please...if I remember gradeschool, competing over gifts is so totally a western tradition from parents out doing each other on gifts to kids bragging about how they got more to....EVERYONE whining bout how they did not get enough...precisely like is being done here.

This game event nails the tradition perfectly...as demonstrated by all the comments proving my point!

4. Allan1985

this is the type of society we live on now, one in wich people have no ****ing idea what the definition of racism is.

rSick and Factorial like this.
  5. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

How does the gaming generation today manage to cry hard even when free things are literally raining from the sky??

It is roughly the same rewards as every other year just you can supposedly get a costume that you can get on the market for silver, or for pearls if RNG doesn't smile upon you. If you have seriously tried to get those presents you would know that they more or less drop at specific points in town and if you really want one you can just camp one of the many spots. -_- Won't even take 16 hours of camping like doing the subclass quest on Lineage 2 at Baium. And moreover, if one town is too crowded, go to another town. This **** drops in 5 towns....

#25 Luxea, Dec 21, 2019
    Cyllie likes this.
  6. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

ok since u didnt got it i will write it more clearly to you:

talking someone "he support hitlers" or beeing a "nazi" is exactly what racism is about, specialy in EU countries.

In America racism is mostly about skin color and/or sexuality, while in Europe racism is mostly about Religion/Politics (Jews, 2nd world war, parolles...)

I hope u now get what i wanna try to say. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

but yeah, we will not go into details, else we have to repeat cultural diversity, Hofstede's Cultural Graphs and so on. (You should look it up, its intressting)

It depends on the culture/location if its racist or not, if u make a joke about skin color in like Germany, it will mostly be accepted as sarcasm/joke, but if u make the same in America, you will face problems... Same is if you make a statement about Jews in America it might be more sarcatic/joke, but if u make the same joke in germany, you will face problems here!

[​IMG]

#26 WaifuJanna, Dec 21, 2019
  7. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

you asking hotfix for non cash shop related thing, should know that by now it wont ever never happend...

WinterMilla and Factorial like this.
  8. ghoulz666

No one takes wikipedia serious anymore... They edit their pages on the fly to fit their narratives.....

Aaarggghhh likes this.
  9. Ben Phoenix

You should use the word "discrimination" when you talk in general cause racism is discrimination against someone who belongs to a specific race, it doesn't have anything to do with sexuality or political preferences, for example.

10. WaifuJanna

if someone can put this post on reddit so we get the audience, and GM/CM's will notice that the community want a change, we might get a hotfix ^^

11. MeltryIlis

It's not racist if it's true

12. Lord_Xenon

On the other side, they could go to other not so busy towns/channels.
    Not saying I find the current way good, but somehow braindead can lead to expected results.

13. Vanadiel

Christmas is about giving, not about competition.
    While I agree that PA could maybe research the Christmas tradition better, in the end it is the players that are responsible for this toxicity.

Looks to me like some players need to learn about the Christmas tradition and stop hogging all the presents.

14. WaifuJanna

yeah or they should make Max 10 presents per day per family.

15. Vanadiel

That would be the wrong way to approach it. If players do not understand the spirit of Christmas and want to hog all the presents, let it be.
    Write down their names, and convince large guilds with powerful players to kill them on sight.

That's the way it should be resolved. By community effort.

16. ghoulz666

Can ya blame em? Not everyone played since day 1 and only had one chance to get the pirate bandanna since.

17. Flex556

wtf? Ive had ZERO issues with getting gifts. Zero competition for them.

18. Vanadiel

Interesting it is always about want or need. Not the Christmas spirit my friend.

19. ghoulz666

They already did a bunch of giving.... This is just a buffet. In-laws stabbing each other over the dessert.

Tokigare likes this.
  20. Roechacca

Its pretty easy in altimova and velencia for me. Then again I don't care about chasing. Less populated cities are best.

Lord_Xenon, Tokigare and Solitaire like this.