1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GrandpaCron Santa Event is everything, but not an event. it spreads toxicity!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jannanomana, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Allan1985

the very essence of this game is toxicity, do you think griefers care if its christmas or not? they pay to have the needed gear to grief ingame simply because they dont have the balls needed to grief in real life, and PA accepts that dirty money so if you think PA cares you should re-evaluate the situation.

WinterMilla and MADE like this.
  2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Yeah it's not like Pearl Abyss did anything against griefing ever /s

3. MADE

30s is way too much, 1s is enough, as it still gives some challenge, but players could not steal from each other.

On the other hand, as it currently designed, it's impossible to just adjust the timer(currently the box simply have one charge which prevents multiple uses, but if it would have a timeout, you would need to track which players used it, or put a debuff on the player to prevent multi use until despawn), and as probably everyone from the devs is on their holidays, it's very likely that it not going to changed this year.

4. mesputo

I got PK'd in Heidel yesterday I think? I don't know who had the idea of letting Santa leave the safe zone and go in the woods but hey devs, gotta say that's pretty hilarious, dying for a bucket head. Then again I also got killed twice while I was getting the honey for the pet quest
    This is some die hard christmas that we got here. I still find the events fun tho

5. MADE

Since the website only shows what is in the boxes and not the chances (the essence of scam), you don't know without trying whether it's valuable or not.
    And one would not think that a winter event will be scam...

6. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

2 years ago it was much better there were 3 santas per town which seemed like the perfect amount ...
    really wish that was still the case but they reduced the nummbers back to 1 last year... sad

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You should ask a refund for what you paid for the "scam" boxes.

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You do not need for them to give the odds as it is the same as any other loot box in any game. There is always a very high chance you will get the least valuable item and an extremely small chance you will get the most valuable one. The reward you get costs nothing but patience so there is no real reason to complain.

Smileybones likes this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

upload_2019-12-23_7-41-54.png

WTF, its all junk in there. Who even cares, not only that...You can just straight buy the Lootboxes.

upload_2019-12-23_7-42-47.png

4 pages for someone to answer that question of whats even in these garbage boxes..I see why now.

10. zhagsten

:)

I don't know. Rushing for a falling present, fighting over beehives, to me BDO respects the good old Christmas tradition of hating other players for just existing.

11. DafuqYouLookinAt

I've yet to see any toxicity over presents .-. My guess is some channels have more aggressive players idk?
    From my experience this year and last year, most people get the present without saying a word and go about to the next location.
    I'm not saying the toxicity isn't happening though but dang people really out here rolling their face over the keyboard about being too slow to the present while spreading toxicity onto others...? LOL ok.
    ebad6ce68511e73c6f7774fff4b6c608.gif

I think they should just allow all players to receive rewards upon the present dropping, not just one. Is there really any harm in that? I mean, if x players are willing to participate in the event and it is the season of giving - but I suppose there is flaw in this, no? At the same time I guess I can see too that they want this to be something challenging. If you're snoozing, or another player may have a higher advantage over you, or there's just way too many players running after it, it can easily become frustrating for everyone to attempt to chase it and get presents. People just lose interest at this point.

Just my thoughts on this.
    I like this event, I'm personally not having an issue getting presents but obviously the moments do happen when I miss the chance.
    For those who are struggling with it and have lost interest, I feel you, but I'ma keep chasing it >:]

Lord_Xenon and Solitaire like this.
  12. MADE

No **** sherlock...

13. Grizabella

I have been PK'd for shooting beehives to get honey. Whatever. The game allows what some call toxicity. Deal with it.

DafuqYouLookinAt and Luxea like this.
  14. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I've played almost every MMO that has made a name for itself over more than a decade and this event is not in the slightest bit toxic at all. It ain't the developer's fault if people insist on running around like a headless chicken in ONLY 2 TOWNS, refusing to use the other 3, and often failing to realize they can literally camp the drop spot.

15. Lord_Xenon

But that would actual imply using the brain. And some are just lazy...

16. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Imagine being too lazy to stand still in one spot and picking up presents as it lands on their feet but not too lazy to chase a flying sled.

17. Lord_Xenon

Is it really only 1 spot they drop? Or is that random determined per appearance? I didn't chase him, but that sounds like braindead stuff really. Ô.o

18. MADE

I create a guide for it in a hour, as I finally got it.
    But ofc not after opening 1000+ of boxes and wasting 4 day for nothing... but after putting up a sell order between two rage quit...

19. Sandpit_

GG PA, Speed hackers are the new Santa meta

MADE likes this.
  20. MADE