1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great ocean content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Disdane, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Disdane

so I've been getting my boat around to be able to help with guild missions and for the most part its been ok. I get that my ship is slow and the travel is tedious, I get what game I'm playing :) (been playing for a minute.) and I know it will get better (I see you flying by me)

but why the hell do we have to be lost in the ocean.... I really hated the desert but at least I had landmarks to go by... this ocean sucks ..... being lost on the way to port Ratt while taking forever is game killing IMHO

give us a GD quest to make a f'n sextent (sp) for f#cks sake

when is this company going to realize that being lost isn't hard content.. its just s#itty design.

and yes I get that they make a pay to win piece to help me tell where I am. but f that.

2. Allan1985

if you get lost you need more time to complete your activities, i see it as an artificial way to increase played time while at the same time slowing down your progression, so they kinda push you into buying a compass because...reasons

3. Doom Smack

Buy 3 x compass parts off the marketplace, put them together, boom done, costs 10m lasts 3 days.

4. AlnilamE

Or grind for the permanent compass. You do have options if you don't like being lost.

5. Disdane

point is, in what world is this fun ...

the permanent compass .. oh and that isn't cancer in its own right...

nm you missed the point.

Factorial, VasilisD and Allan1985 like this.
  6. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

There is also a 7 day compass available for sea coins at crow's nest

7. Lefteye

How many coins does it cost?

8. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Cant recall, 400? Didn't seem at all out of range though.

9. Sturmflut666

400, but the one from market is cheaper per day

10. Andaro

Ambassador

You already have a ship debris in the water that points towards the nearest port and what direction.......not sure how you could ever really get lost on margoria - except at night - which is a really awesome experience.

Also there's a peculiar trick you can use, by turning on the Nodewar Installation Area highlights (little button, up top left of minimap). You will see a green wall that surrounds the main land and intersects Margoria -- the vertex points straight to Port Ratt.

They actually did give everyone a "tool" for this, but like with everything, you are expected to find it on your own.

Purr likes this.
  11. Disdane

ok but you still have no idea where you are. you know what direction to go. again how is that fun. the cash shop and the compass's will show you were you are. IE how much longer till you were you want to go. maybe make it a skill in sailing as in real life any good sailor will be able to see where they are with a little skill. and a sextent...

12. AlnilamE

Some people like orienteering. Other's don't.

Such is life.

If the ocean wasn't an orienteering challenge, it would be too big and boring.

13. Lord_Xenon

When we ignore that you can straight sail SE/NW. You can only get lost when you try to find something IN margoria. Sailing out from Margoria(towards Port Ratt/Velia) is easy that way. Only thing you need to be careful is boosting via skills as that can drain everything before finding out.

14. Andaro

Ambassador

All the more reason to upgrade your boat gear for additional stats.
    New gear will soon be available to surpass the current blue-crafted gear, iirc, to further that

15. Spartakatz

gets lost, unable to navigate with minimap and simple compass directions.

gets a tip to buy compass from market where u always have the map.

doesn't like that either.

I think OP doesn't even want to improve but only whine, and all about a lousy few millions for an item.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Actually, that point boils down to, what do you find fun?
    The getting lost, and preparation before going on an adventure can be the fun, the destination seems to be your fun.

For your particular issue, they make compass parts that people grind for profit, so the economy part is there for others fun in providing nonmonetization ingame material needs for your particular situation. combine three of them (the compass parts people grind), use them for your need, and when you want more..others find fun in supplying the market for your needs.

#16 Kynreaa, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  17. Khondo

Same as the desert, N S E W (1 to 12 o'clock even better) on the minimap, find the direction you need to head in and go. Please don't be one of those people that has the mini map rotate in the direction you are heading.

Smileybones and Wodahs like this.
  18. Wodahs

yep thats what i go with
    have the world map from the somethinglovely site and use the mini map as a compass to head from where i am to where i want to go , and if i cross a landmark where i can cross reference i do

#18 Wodahs, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  19. LeCordonBleu

Since when are games supposed to be all about the fun? In the grand scheme of things, sure, but not every single aspect of a game needs to be fun, especially in MMO's where virtual progression is the core of its gameplay. However, even if that was the goal of the developer, everyone enjoys different things, so you tell us how to make a game fun for every single person playing it. No matter what you do, there will be whiny ones like you complaining.

We could remove RNG and make enhancing much easier.
    We could remove tedious traveling and use teleportation like many MMO's do.
    We could make end-game reachable in a matter of weeks.
    We could do all of those things and more and there will still be people like you complaining about the game.

I personally love tedious traveling of BDO and the risk of getting lost in the "great" desert and ocean and I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. Getting lost is only possible because of the vastly larger world BDO has compared to other games. If you want to play an arcade MMO where you can travel from one end of the map to the other in 5 minutes, there are many other games you can play.

Now do you understand how silly your complaints are? If BDO changed according to your wishes, I wonder how long it will be before another you appears.

#19 LeCordonBleu, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    seanas, Smileybones and Wodahs like this.
  20. Disdane

"Since when are games supposed to be all about the fun? In the grand scheme of things, sure, but not every single aspect of a game needs to be fun, especially MMO's where virtual progression is the core of its gameplay. However, even if that was the goal of the developer, everyone enjoys different things, so you tell us how to make a game fun for every single person playing it. No matter what you do, there will be whiny ones like you complaining."

I'm glad you find it fun wandering around lost .... god knows as long as YOUR ok with it. we should all be. and if not were silly. oh and "whiny"

nuff said I'll ignore the rest of your posts..

for the rest posting.

I was actually looking for nine sharks to kill when I got lost. so not just traveling to Port Ratt.

anyway nm forget I posted anything. oh yeah this is why I don't post here.

#20 Disdane, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.