1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great ocean content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Disdane, Dec 28, 2019.

1. LeCordonBleu

No, I don't enjoy getting lost for 20 minutes trying to reach my destination. What I enjoy is the grandness of BDO that allows for such things to happen.

A lot of the games these days are instanced. You can go from the starting town to the newest end-game map in a matter of seconds. What difference is there between those types of MMO's and MOBA games like League of Legends? Both game types forego travelling for the prioritization of convenience. League of Legends , although is not an MMO, is very comparable to those types of instanced arcade-like MMO's. In LoL, playing different game modes is basically travelling to different maps with a few clicks, just like you would travel in instanced MMO's by telepoting with a few clicks. With such travel methods, there is no need for a large and seamless world.

This is why I love BDO's tedious travelling and the fact that you can get lost if you're not paying attention. It has nothing to do with me enjoying being lost.

And you're right. If you can't hold a discussion without taking things personally, discussion forums are probably not a place you want to spend your precious time on.

Smileybones likes this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

This is what I do. No need to get lost. No need to spend money on the cash shop to not get lost.

3. Parthin

Lost forever in Margoria/ uninstall does happen. But not if your guild is worth anything. The sea seems huge at first, but with practice, you won't get lost.

4. Purr

agreed @Parthin i used to use the compass myself still do just cuz i like seeing myself on the map but dont really need it as ive been sailing for so long now from port epheria north west or aiming at the 2D/3D button is port ratt from port ratt aiming at south east or the N in affiliated Node is port epheria

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I don't know, upon Margoria release it took everyone but aliens maybe some seconds looking at the map to realize that Ratt was north west of Pirate island and sail accordingly.

In this context I don't get how people manage to get lost on the way to Ratt, let alone how a company could rely on doing any business from this elementray school level of problem solving.

The_Grimace likes this.
  6. Disdane

I have to admit I didn't think of the three compass parts. that was a good tip, I guess I remember them being Impossible to buy back when the desert came out.

Wodahs likes this.
  7. Lord_Xenon

I would say, that you can sail from anywhere NW to go into the Port Ratt area.

8. Doom Smack

The only other thing to check that help with navigating - have your radar/mini-map set to fixed and not rotate.

9. The_Grimace

I like having the risk of being lost at sea - sounds like you don't have much patience to prep or plan for a risky sea voyage my friend.

10. BuShiDo

I think its actually cool that you can get lost in a game. This game is full of care bear/convenient features already. If you were able to teleport anywhere and navigate anywhere with ease it would just be another MMORPG like the hundreds before it. Lets not forget, though gated by RNG, you can get a compass.