1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Ocean feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by William Rieck, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Andaro

Ambassador

To add my own personal opinion regarding the cost of rations.....

To fill up on rations that costs approximately 1.5 mil. Previously cannonball cost 10K each, and you currently have 150 shots. If we think of it in this manner then we're really only paying for the cannonballs and getting the durability repair for free.

I'm choosing to think this way because previously on a long-haul voyage I may have bought six or seven hundred cannonballs and with three or four people shooting cannons out at sea for a couple of hours we could run through those pretty quickly especially if you were shooting at sea monsters instead of ramming them. Then thrown in the cost of Breezy Crystals for stamina, or Origin of Winds, ...and ship repair materials....the time to stop and repair or the need to have someone repair while you drive ...

Now of course we have a Nerf to our ram, and we are using cannonballs more.... but our cannons did get extra monster damage making the amount that were using someone balanced out I think.

From my current observation most of the rations that are being used are from laying on the sailing skills for Breezy Sail....if you're using that a lot you're going to run through rations really quick. I also noticed that sailors also eat up some of our rations.....but I have found that having one sailor that takes up 10 cabins lots works just as well as having three sailors that take up three and uses less rations. you might not get that extra one or 2% boost from having those extra sailors versus only using one but I think if you've got good enough upgraded gear.... It's a sacrificeable trade-off.

We also do have the benefit of using cooked food recipes that before we may have just tossed to a vendor for silver or left sitting on the market till whenever it sells through, which was practically never....so being able to resort to these for emergency rations is pretty neat.

The Breezy crystals and origins of wind also replenish your cannonballs in an emergency.... And they don't weigh anywhere near as much so that's a plus.

Also I think that the more that we barter from Island to Island we will begin to, as my guildmastes have, plan our bartering routes for efficiency such as stockpiling T3 and T4 bartered goods in bulk since they stack, and using Lema with a Storage container or Illya as a stash location.

Although I know that for my first day of bartering I probably screwed up a lot.... I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of silver that I racked up while doing it, and the extra trade items that I managed horde in storage.

Even for screwing around mostly and figuring things out, I have to say I rather enjoyed myself. I know I did, because I lost track of time lol

Oh, and whomever it was that got stuck on my ship and went for a ride, Sorry <3, I did drop you safely back in Veila port though >.>

#221 Andaro, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Magiabarelli, Purr and hightech like this.
  2. Salminar

I shot a dozen of bullet on it with the +6 blue grade canon, and no it did not go down. After the dozen it teleported away (poof like this) and then i realized my ship was only left with 1/10 of it's life, so i just left without asking for more. And it's life wasn't even red when it TPed out, so i guess i was far from killing it.

3. hightech

I do realy mean it!!
    Yep you can upgrade now.
    And that is the cool stuff. I mean the game is all about progression and if you loved the content before you are able to work on your gear to progress. Great!
    Wait until you get you hands on the Epheria Carrack: Valor, sure that your mini frigate is now like having a Styd gear and you try to fight kzarka alone :)

Wait until you get the new canon upgrade and as I said the Valor.

4. Salminar

So what looks wonderful for you, is that now, what i was doing before without any troubles, with a fine ship and my friends now is impossible? And to be able to do again the same thing, i need to loose a lot of money, a lot of time farming to have the same thing again, but with less options? As there is no more point being at 2 in the same ship once you upgraded?

We definitely don't have the same definition of fun and new content. But it's nice that at least a few people enjoy pearl abyss impressive work.

Silverspark and Kazza like this.
  5. hightech

Certainky means a total conversion that we have to adapt.
    My guild did SMH as well and it´s dead now.
    But we will find a new way to get the guild funds settled.

And being on the same ship is great but sailing with 5 ships on the ocean is even more fun in my opinion.
    Let´s see they are not done yet with the full great ocean there is a lot of more to come.

6. Salminar

Ah this time i do agree having 5 ships is sure to be more fun, but, it would require them to solve the collision and bug with ships first. Secondly i have some friends that do not want to farm a ship, and i can't blame them, having my frigate was a hell of a farm, and now they won't be able to go in monster hunt anymore. I was ready to upgrade my sailboat and keep the frigate for playing with friends, but if i can't even kill a goldmont ...
    This is so ridiculous, and i don't really get the need to nerf old ships so hard, it will just turn people off and get them nothing at all in the end.

7. galiron

Just upgrade it to an improved frigate. 12-13 shots for 1 ship. 3mins,cost 5% ship health.

8. Andaro

Ambassador

With Abrupt Turn you can dodge their shots, saving your HP, and fire in the turn

Purr likes this.
  9. Salminar

I really think you do not understand what i'm saying. should i say it in german or french or chineese? I did not want to upgrade my frigate cause you can't play with your friends anymore!!! But with this nerf the normal frigate is just useless.

#229 Salminar, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
    DC55 and Kazza like this.
  10. Grizabella

Nailed our experience perfectly. Thank you for summarizing.

As to current, we need a similar mechanic to wind- i.e. sales up or down. Seems obvious: add the sailors row button. If there is not unfavorable current and there is a tailwind, your sailors do the stuff they do now- find loot and fix the ship etc. But when you need them, you select the sailors row button and they row like galley slaves in Ben Hur. They use energy a bit faster, but you mitigate the current.

#230 Grizabella, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    William Rieck and Lefteye like this.
  11. zhagsten

So... I have the barter items to upgrade my sailboat to caravel. I also have the verdant black stones... from a quest that just gave them all to me. Don't know how to get them otherwise. Same for the Seaweed Stalks, from a quest, which is fortunate because I've opened all the chests that pop at Oquilla's Eye several times and never got one from them.
    And now I need the processed mats. So basically 300 sea monster ooze (got 17 from a heraku once, never since), 10000 zinc ingots, 10000 wood bark, 10000 red wood, 10000 x3 different saps... or 4 Ravinia quests?
    Did I miss something? Either you get the quests to get all the mats, or you need a ridiculous amount of mats? What kind of alternative is that?

And all that with the revelation that...

Caravel is the same skin as Sailboat.

They only made new art for the Carrack.

They made one (1) new ship. That's all.

DC55 likes this.
  12. NixZero

keep in mind that in kr this expansion came after one year of marni life skill so most common materials are a lot more common than here, in fact its mostly a mat sink to make them more valuable instead to just filling the market unsold.
    here its a bit imbalanced now as there are less lifeskillers working on common mats but it will rebalance itself in a while when people recognize the money opportunity.

13. Claydough

why are you quoting me with non relevent information?

14. Kazza

I think it is more like they just don't want to understand. Maybe they don't have friends they play with.

DC55, Salminar and MoonDance17 like this.
  15. ZackGTie

People, pleople, pleople.... this is the expansion 1 of 2. They want people to upgrade so can play expansion 2, that is obvious. Frigates and sailboats are the introduction ships now. I know people with galleas but still using frigates gear, wait until they upgrade to blue.

ALSO REMEMBER IS NOT DIFFICULT TO ENHANCE THE NEW GEAR! AND YOU FORCE ENHANCE THE BLUE +1 TO +10 YOU NEED A **** TONS OF FRAGMENTS BUT I PREFFER THAT OVER FS CRAP! I CAN'T GET MY ZAFINA CANNONS TO +7 WITH 70 STACKS, I USED THE FREE +101 STACK WITH +10 EXTRAS TO A TOTAL OF +111 AN STILL FAILED. NO, I LOVE THIS NEW CONTENT!!!!!

hightech likes this.
  16. Salminar

I wish they had made a ship with at least 2 canons you could still fire manually. But i guess in a MMO you should play alone or in guild.
    I wonder too what will happen when a guild in a galley will be gangbanged by one or two carraks ...

Kazza likes this.
  17. chendu

Failed at multy quoting

the relevant information you was that the cog are really fast, I made to kuit island from epheria in approximatively 5min,
    I'll update with the exact time later

18. NixZero

you mean a frigate?
    you know that you can still build those, right?

19. Magiabarelli

hightech likes this.
  20. Silverspark

I upgraded my 2 frigates and several sailboats and still use my "old" blue +6 enhanced Elena and Zafina cannons. Those appear still superior for me in compare to the green ones offered at wharf managers (unless you already have already a Galeass or a Caravel where you can apply the new blue Mayna cannon).

Whats the experience for killing sea monsters with an improved frigate + "old" blue gear +6 (Zafina cannons, those are the cannons which provide more damage and less protection)? how many shots for one kill, how many damage taken, how long for one kill in minutes etc.

#240 Silverspark, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019