1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Ocean feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by William Rieck, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Dahlaine

Are there any items for Carrack specifically? My guess is that it comes with embedded equipment because I can see none at Epheria ship part workshop.

And come on, only 3 coins from Goldmont Large Battleship? That's BS!

2. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

They are sold at the sea coin shop but I havent seen any of them in there yet. not sure if you need the ship itself to see them

3. Dahlaine

Aren't fiery/frosted stones used for its enhancement though? With guaranteed upgrade?

4. Debra

Does anyone else think the cannons do not work correctly? I recently upgraded to the Galleus, and got the green canoe gear to +10, which is 12k monster damage, my previous cannons were 4k. I do not seem to be killing anything in less shots, so is this broke or am I just doing something wrong?

Magiabarelli likes this.
  5. Dahlaine

It's an old thing. Mt improved frigate with green cannons +6 takes all the monsters easily with little more shots than my guildie's with blue gear. I'd say that there is a difference, but it may be as low as 10-20%.

The reason I assume is that it's some base value + cannon bonus. So it's X + 12k and you don't know what X is.

#285 Dahlaine, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  6. gatsupl

So if you can't see them till you have Carrack, you are basically screwed the moment you upgrade. Cos you have no ship items given the blue will get destroyed.

7. Avaroxy

Dear Pearl Abyss, can you please please PLEASE do SOMETHING about this annoying ship collision inside safe zones?
    I just had to whistle my friggin boat the entire way out into the sea cause there were approx 30 UNBOARDED ships stacked on top of each other in Velia Bay and cockblocking my start accel. I get that its more immersive if I can't Houdini through a bunch of ships, but holy cow, the retard who made this system should be fired on the spot.

8. NixZero

carrack is like pen gear, you have to plan for it or you'll get screwed.

9. Airie

The carrack green parts were added in a recent KR update (but not yet introduced in NA/Sea). You do not need a carrack to see them.

Smileybones likes this.
  10. Andaro

Ambassador

You know if you try to speed out of port in real life, the coast guard gives you a ticket.

If you just W forward normally, you'll pass right through them.

That being said, the wharf manager does have the ability to collect ships automatically if left unattended for a period of time. The problem is that the radius in which he has this power is only about 7 to 10m....

I have also noted that when taking your ship out it stacks all the ships on top of each other when others take theirs out too making it difficult to get to yours and sometimes will put yours in the air.

My guess is they had difficulties solving this problem way back when which is why we got the auto-mount feature.

11. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

ah good to know

12. Mortucus

my boat just rubberbands on the spot no matter how far out at sea I am no cargo brand new bartali sail boat like wind full don't matter it just sits there rubberbanding

13. Kamiden

-Sailor sickness is absolute ********. P2W garbage mechanic. If my sailor gets sick through RANDOM CHANCE, I need to spend a couple hours getting coins to cure him or pay 50p? **** you.
    -Sailor hunger is alright, but the food to recover them is super expensive.
    -Too little information on the sailors (Duplicates? Stats? Level up perks? Is it random?)
    -Love the wind system
    -Hate current, because you can't do anything about it.
    -Resupply costs are ridiculous.
    -Guild sea monster hunting is now worthless because the drop rate is GARBAGE.
    -As above point: Haven't got to fight Khan because nobody wants to sea hunt when you get nothing from it.
    -Boat collision in safe zones is annoying and pointless.
    Those are the only problems I see.

PS to the OP: If you hold the mouse wheel in, you can quick look left and right without turning your boat

seanas, Kazza and warriors like this.
  14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You make it sound like the whole sickness mechanic is based on random when it's actually under player's control except during ship recalling.

15. Avaroxy

Good that you try to see it from a funny side. I personally don't find it funny though, It is unnecessarily annoying and no, you can't just simply hold W and ghost through. I just came back to Velia with all the afk Vell ships stacked on top of each other and got blocked from entering. They need to rework this asap.

Kazza, Bruno12 and MoonDance17 like this.
  16. Corsix

its a dumb cash grab mechanic to nickle and dime the players and everyone knows that.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  17. Dahlaine

Black Rusts are way too far from ports. There is not enough fuel to get to one, kill it and return.

Debra and Corsix like this.
  18. Nattia

the weight limits and item weight on ships are really bad / punishing

19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I'm having this issue as well, but with the standard epheria sailboat. Changing channel worked for now.
    I parked at Vell, and plan on checking back in around 30 min prior to him spawning...Just to make sure if this happens again, I have time to switch channel again.

20. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

Great Ocean in few words:
    Fedex Simulator

We have been expected Marco story, war between Papu and Crio, instead we got crapy and boring mechanics.