1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Ocean feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by William Rieck, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Xenara

I like the system of how to get better ships, but I think the materials for T2 Blue Gear are way too overpriced at crow's nest. 800coins for a material I need 250 of and that's just one of many.

Magiabarelli likes this.
  2. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

you not meant to get all the mats from the nest...bartering and the dailies with coins is the way to do it

3. Lord_Xenon

Or simple said, they failed. The player ships are one thing, but that the guild galleys are also stacked on the same spot is for me sadly the biggest fail. Can't say how it looks on other channels, but mine was luckily not so crowded in front of wharf manager. It's so sad that they don't find a proper way for this issue + the whole unboarding. It's freaking s* to need to jump off your ship - mostly into the water - to interact now with the wharf manager to unload barteritems etc.

The bartering is good. Though it's annoying/cancer that the routes can ping-pong both ends of the world(I'm not talking about the L5-->Sea coin trade in). A more in line route would be good. Like going from Epheria to Kuit, then Velia then back to Kuit to end in Valencia and not Epheria --> Velia-->Kuit-->Valencia-->Kuit

June Madison and Kazza like this.
  4. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Kidding, right?
    With my improved Frigate (+7 equipment) I can do the three hunting dailies (candidum, nineshark, black rust) in one trip, with 2 rams per monster (I run out of cannonballs if I don't do it) and sometimes a slight repair after the second monster.

So killing a single black rust is not really a problem, even with a sailboat and a medium gear.

Purr likes this.
  5. chendu

I'd like to share a recent discovery that I find quite nice :

when bartering if you click on the traded item on the map it'll jump to the next trade location.
    upload_2019-11-4_7-59-7.png
    it's quite handy

Wollbert, Solitaire, Kazza and 6 others like this.
  6. Lefteye

I’ve never done the ramming thing before. How do you get it to work? Whenever I try it to finish off a monster that only has a sliver of health left, I just go straight through without actually hitting it.

7. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

You can click left one as well ;)

Lord_Xenon likes this.
  8. William Rieck

I've been doing all the sailing dailys and have 400+ barters.
    The current system just doesn't work well. no current is better than a following current; navigating by leveraging currents helps (both Kuit and Ilia have counter clockwise rotating currents for the most part) but it still feels phony. I can be in Margoria with an opposing current and still be flying compared to a 20 following current elsewhere. I feel like the mechanic should be removed until it can be made to feel more immersive not less. On the other hand wind seems fine.

Also cannonball costs are still too high and monster loot too low and I still wish they would allow us to rebind cannon fire hot keys or move them to 'Q' and 'E' or shift+click.

9. Xenara

I know but some materials you only get for coins like the one from the pirateship which appears sometimes and you can craft 10canons into one mat.

10. chendu

You can also get those from cox pirate camp that snipe you, alchemy with 200 seal looted from them and they re pop quite fast
    (+ a daily quest at the eye )
    the only one I'm having trouble to get so fat are the parley artifact

11. Vanraven

I never really done ocean content really. How do you make money exactly besides bartering?

12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Currently you don't make money at sea besides bartering.

Vanraven likes this.
  13. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

You don't, it was heavy nerfed.

Vanraven likes this.
  14. Vanraven

That sucks. But thanks for answering my question.

15. Flesh007

Delete this fck current from game! D:<

16. Durakus

This content is pretty good. Some good things this expansion has brought that cannot be overlooked:
    • A new avenue of advancement (boats and sailing)
    • Auto-cannons to ships
    • Ocean currents that bring potential routes into BDO sailing
    • Wind that allows players opportunities to go much quicker
    • New locations to go to like The Eye and Crows nest
    • New Dailies that make progress realistic to accomplish (Unlike accessory upgrading and such)
    • Bartering is Competitive Money making vs grinding that allows players to pursue different means of playing the game
    • Bartering is clearly a much more intuitive and involved method to engage players with the land.
    • A great foundation for future content (Haso could use Bartering currency and trade routes which would differentiate it largely from the current mainland)
    • that money goes towards progress of any type the player so chooses allowing diversity of choice
    • Sea monster hunting damage increase in favour of players
    • Aesthetic changes to boats (meh but it's a start)

However, there are still a lot of changes I would implement to make this content better:

• Remove/greatly reduce the cost to supply your ship at a barter location. Seriously it's nearly useless.
    • Increase the damage of cannons more on Sea monsters by like 10%
    • The new Boats need EXTRA MOUNTABLE Cannons. Even if it's only 1 per side. There should be Manual cannons aboard all ships to encourage team play.
    • The new cannons should NOT require a new ship-type or item or grind. Just add the cannons to retain players and enjoyment. I.E. BUFF THE SHIPS.
    • Currents are too strong and don't appear to make a lot of sense. They need reworking to encourage actual trade routes to form for speed. Any currents added/changed should Be tested for speed. It should be Fast VIA one way and fast the other way via another Route.
    • Some sea coin items are ridiculously expensive. And would clearly take the better part of a year to get the requirements. This should not be a thing. Reduce prices, and refund players who purchased those items with the difference.
    • Fix ocean auto-pathing. Seriously.
    • Fix the lag that happens when boarding ships
    • Fix the direct-hit 0 damage bug. why is this still a thing?
    • Allow Sailors to repair your ship with your materials while you're driving at the cost of their condition (Condition reduction chance dependent on level of sailor and player sailing skill/master like woodcutting etc)
    • Make more ship skins
    • Reduce the price of ship skins
    • Allow ships to be dye-able
    • let players have visible crew
    • Remove shrinking players on ships. People wanted bigger cooler ships. Not tiny baby hands
    • Increase the size of the safe zone at docks to allow players to pass through each other.
    • OR just make it so only your boat is visible within the dock.
    • Create a docking system that lets the player use a gangplank to get on and off their ship at DOCKS. Even if it has to teleport the player/ship onto the dock. I hate falling in the water trying to get on a dock
    • Allow players to zoom out more while on their ship/moving
    • Add Visual effects for Wind direction and strength.
    • Mark currents on the map within range of your ship
    • Increase range in which you can view currents that scales with Sailing Experience
    • Decrease the negative effect of Currents on High-sailing skilled/master players (Doesn't have to be a lot. but definitely need to see more noticeable improvements)
    • Decrease the cool-down time on cannons with High Sailing skill/mastery (Doesn't have to be a lot. but definitely need to see more noticeable improvements)
    • Make this "double exp" from dailies the basic amount.
    • FIX SWIMMING. PEOPLE WHO CAN SWIM DO NOT SWIM HORRIBLY LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE. WAS THIS SYSTEM MADE BY SOMEONE WHO CAN'T SWIM?
    • Reduce the time per material to craft boats (to on-board players quicker. It took me weeks to make these boats but it shouldn't have)
    • Haso when?

#316 Durakus, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  17. Lord_Xenon

When you don't see it to narrow:
    Port Ratt Trading
    Whale hunting
    Hotspot fishing

18. Corsix

Agree to all of this.

Durakus likes this.
  19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Good point, I forgot about those.

20. chendu

upload_2019-11-6_9-46-53.png
    That's the money I made this week by bartering (and a bit of margoria guild quest but not much cause it's hard to be 3 connected in my guild U.U)
    add to that the money I spent on frigate gear cause I just finished mine, and we're at easily 1G silver this week, that while lazying around with an improved sailboat..
    (and I start every week with 2.9m corresponding to my guild salary 1m -1 and family fame fund 1.9m)

with just a caravel an bit more of seriousness ... this number could rise quite a bit
    Feels nice

Hemuk, Vanraven, Magiabarelli and 2 others like this.