1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Ocean feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by William Rieck, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Ambersand

Is this correct for ‘timber’ I have seen plenty of Bloody Tree Knot in the barter sheet but not the Red one which is the one needed. It turns up in the Barter supply boxes occasionally if You’re lucky enough to find them.

2. Zinniah

My feed back is right on par with the original post. They need to look into the current to wind ratio. Knock down the cost of the current against and make the wind do more. The cost of sailing to me seems ok sense if your doing it right your making good money over time, its not an upfront money show. All and all we need some little tweaks to the area

3. Purr

4. shidoxen

5. Flesh007

This carrack is of caravel. He is useless.

6. shidoxen

How so? OP bartering. Be able to get galleass carrack mats faster than most people who started with galleass. Lol.

7. Flesh007

Because his stats are sucks. And the difference in 3k lt is lol.
    Screenshot_10.png

8. Xeniph

That 3k weight is a complete trade route for most level 1-3's and it's 3 extra lvl 4's or 5's. A Volante or Valor would need to have +200.1% , or just over double speed to make that up, since to achieve the same barters it would require an extra trip.

That's one trip! It's efficiency increases exponentially the more you barter. If you Barter 2 or more resets , the trips saved can accumulate quite high.

Now for combat, there is no contest, Valor and Volante win hands down. But when it comes to bartering 3000 weight > 20%speed, no contest.

*Edit- As someone who has both the Caravel and Gallease, I can assure you for bartering the Caravel is better in all but one aspect- Coin runs. Weight is not an issue there so speed wins.

#368 Xeniph, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  9. Flesh007

Why do you need barter after receiving the carrack? Silver? This is still not as profitable as a regular farm. And when the second part of the ocean comes out, where the farm will be delivered. What will you do with your caravel-carrack?

10. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 63 EU

I disagree on this, the caravel allows you to bring enough t5 materials to hakoven to have a 100% chance at getting the second barter after reset aswel, if this is timed correctly it will be much better then a galleas

Magiabarelli likes this.
  11. Xeniph

This would depend on how you play and what you enjoy. I personally can't stay awake grinding hystria more than an hour. It's boring as all get out and would rather chew on glass than fight the dumbest AI mobs I have ever seen for hours on end, for any reason.

As for why continue after getting the boat.... The same reason anyone does land content. Silver/enjoyment. Beyond that I like that there are no taxes, no fighting over limited resources, less toxic arsehats, it's relaxing and actually challenging at the same time (optimizing routes).

That's the beauty of a sandbox, we can all do different things.

Lefteye and Lord_Xenon like this.
  12. zhagsten

FTFY

13. zhagsten

So about that last update...

I actually like the way you reset barter list. You don't get screwed by the reset while on your way to a far barter offer. You can organize yourself, have a break and come back later, etc. This is nice, and I must say I don't care about people who were using more than 3 resets per day.

Now concerning the Barter lifeskill and parley points... I don't really get the point. Is it just to annoy people who would want to do absolutely all the barters on the list? I haven't tracked the consumption of parley points, and I haven't reached the limit. Does Barter lifeskill grant a bonus besides reducing that limit?

14. Lord_Xenon

It don't seem so. The barteramount is for routes etc. so the only point in the lifeskill is reducing the cost of parley power and lifefame.
    While the lifeskill seem to make it worse to barter with just transport chars, overall it's good that it's there. The 100 barter max per limit is now more open to what you are want to barter before you reset. Though I don't know if all 1M parley points are refreshed with the refresh or only an amount(but can't exceed 1M in total).

15. T800

The nerf to Special Barter was huge, from 2x Special Barter each day to 1x Special Barter every 2nd or 3rd day.

But the freedom from holding W+Shift an entire day with Continuously use of BreezySail made the experience much more enjoyable.

However lack of gear diversity between Frigate and Sailboat Carrack versions is very concerning - feels like they stop half way and gave up on Bartering content now where it mattered most.

Feels like half-backed end game Bartering content.

16. NixZero

they have talked about other ships incoming, right? so its just an earlier version of ocean content, like the few classes at game release.

17. T800

No, they don't talk. They just show few pictures and let people guess where and what might or might not be coming.

18. Xeniph

This right here is a big steaming pile of BS-

Added the item Crow's Trade Voucher.

• This item recovers 250,000 of your parley points and has a cooldown of four hours.
      • Please note that the maximum number of parley points you can have a time is 1,000,000.
    • Use Manufacture in the Processing menu on Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x1 to get Crow's Trade Voucher x1.

• You cannot manufacture [Event] Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) to get a Crow's Trade Voucher.

Now unless I am missing something, it appears the only way to get, Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min), is to participate in siege and node wars to acquire 25 Shining Medal of Honor and then exchange them. All other scrolls are tagged as [Event].

That's potentially 250,000- 1,500,000 more parley points a day for folks that are in guilds over those that are not.

Of coarse there may be another way to get these non- [Event] scrolls that I am not aware of, but I couldn't find it.

19. Lord_Xenon

Dude how can you deplete 1M over 4h(up to 3 times a day)??? I'm curious about that.
    And don't forget, that your barter life skill reduce the cost(increase the amount of barters you can do per cycle for the same points).

But what I found really negative: I got 2 routes ending with 10M barteritems. But when I looked where they ended I was shocked. They used margoria barterer instead of the normal ones. And the seacoin trades were removed also! That's a double nerf. I have 6 routes so how is it for you(with more routes)??? Do you have the same behavior?

20. Xeniph

I currently have 9 routes, so it's quite easy to blow through 1m parley.Even with skilled 1 Bartering and the value pack, I have to severely cherry pick each reset. However my point was the fact that a lifeskiller does not have access to this part of the system unless they pvp. Assuming I am correct that the only way to get them is to trade the medals in. These items should be obtainable by doing the activity they support, imo.

You are correct, they moved the 10m barters to margoria and reduced the coins.