1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Ocean feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by William Rieck, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

looks like someone didn't read the patchnotes or misunderstood what i meant ;-)
    Nov 20 patchnotes: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/3321
    upload_2019-12-4_12-12-11.png

Nov 27 patchnotes: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/3348
    upload_2019-12-4_12-13-9.png

well there were ~5 weeks when ocean update was implemented and you did not get any xp and it only set your barter counter up.
    on the Nov 20 patch they added the UI but no functionality for the barter lifeskill and on nov 27th patch they added the lifeskill and gave xp per mail for the bartering that had been done so far (which i referred to as "pre-patch")

2. zhagsten

Oh, I read the nov 20th patchnotes but didn't find where to get it. I missed that line about ingame mail in the nov 27th. Thank you!

Rising_Chaos likes this.
  3. Rising_Chaos

you're welcome^^

4. The Gray Lady

My take is from a real-world pleasure sailing perspective, and I have to say, I am one of the minority. The wind/current system is really kind of cool. You have to plan your route and adjust to changes in wind speed and current direction. It's a minor challenge (not a bad thing) to get from point A to point B in the fastest, most efficient time, even if it means tacking or sailing out of your way to make it faster than a direct route. The only thing that would make it better would be a tweak to current strength. There is no way a 20 current should overpower a 200 wind. Just sayin'.

As for the ships and the barter system, I will list my issues, as it is easier than a rambling text trying to address the frustration I find with some of it.
    1. Rations - Way too expensive and depletion rate is way too high. It should cost us to keep our ships happy and healthy, but it's bordering on the rediculous. We should be able to travel a bit farther without replenishing. We shouldn't have to run back to the nearest wharf to replenish our supplies after nearly every run. A tweak in the price and depletion rate would be much appreciated.
    2. Autopathing - nuff said
    3. sorting - I appreciate the button to show "blue items" or "yellow" items, but a button to sort them when in "all" mode would be great, or maybe just list them lowest value first or something. This is just a personal beef..
    4. Barter Exp. - Bartering is a lifeskill. We get experience per barter. Here's the thing... the amount of exp per barter doesn't seem to mesh with the amount of exp given for other lifeskills. There are those of us who spend most of the online time bartering for a pittance of exp. A four hour barter reset should be worth more than 1% exp at beginner/apprentice level. Not saying that it's wrong, just that it seems off for this particular lifeskill compared to the rest.
    5. Weight - Ok, I get this. High end barter items should be weighty and risk overloading the ship. Level 1 goods shouldn't. Especially for players who have the "basic" level ships where all you can carry is 5000LT. Where the problem comes in isn't when loading raw materials or Level 1 goods, it's when you trade Item A for 2x or 3x of Item B and then get another 2x or 3x Item C. Once you fill your ship with Item B, it's another useless trip to the wharf to unload before you can even think to go back for Item C. But wait, I suppose you can replenish your rations while you're there (see issue #1...)
    6. Finally, and this is kind of a "why did you" instead of a real issue... Why did you do away with the ability for a guildmember or party member to hang on to a cannon? You moved them below deck. I liked seeing them on deck, and it was a convenient way to keep guildies and friends on your boat and reduce desyncing. It's kind of sad that people get desynced and end up swimming because there's nothing to hang onto.
    Anyway, there are my minor gripes. Not signifigant in the greater scheme of things, but still important to me. Thanks for listening...

5. Rising_Chaos

just my 2 cents about this^^

agreed

sure it's a kinda high depletion rate, but only if you "sprint" all the time. if you just auto-sail or press "w" without any sprinting it drains not nearly as fast...but i don't care for the costs atm...before it was just ridiculously cheap

you did notice the sea autopathing change they made? where you can set your course to "fastest" or "shortest" route on the map? and if you click after that it sets the course regarding to the setting...the "fast" route actually is kinda okay so far. not perfect, but better than the autopathing before

i think it's ~2% in the beginner levels, but yh, it's still kinda low

i don't mind this actually. it just "forces" you to plan ahead for your trip and / or you can use overstacking on your char depending where the next wharf manager is

you can still get someone up the mast, but other than that, there is no real need for more than 1 person on your ship as you can shoot all cannons yourself with the new boats. if you want to do it as group as before the old guild galley is the way to go (or standard sailboat / frigate) ;-)

6. lingling

Yes, they mailed you consumable exp items after the patch introduced barter as a lifeskill.

7. Traxxle

Sea currents are an utter farce. They need to be overhauled or scrapped. Small boats can barely move against them. The currents themselves seem placed completely at random in the inner seas, without any rational thought. Currents converge in some places and diverge in others. Where is all this water going? If you have a current taking water somewhere, there must be a countervailing current bringing water back. How is it that a large part of Ross Sea and Margoria flows west / south west? Where are the counter currents? And there are plenty more examples of illogical currents. The developers only need look at real world sea charts to see how currents should have been.

Lefteye likes this.
  8. Mr Deap

I'm Artisan 10 sailing & I hate sea monster fight.

Sea monster iframe attack is stupidly frustrating. It's either ready to counter in iframe attack mode or the timing for the cannon cooldown is on a iframe. So you end up wasting a lot of cannon balls although on target.

Sea monster always run away from the boat no matter what. You chase them & counter ready to iframe on first hit.

When the mob is death, the boat circle radius is around the loot.

Every time I fight a sea mob on my boat, I feel being trolled by the game.

9. Rising_Chaos

or just wait until it's finished the attack move aka iframe instead of wasting cannonballs while the iframe is active

or just wait until it comes back. most of the time the cannons are reloaded and you jsut need to slightly adjust your angle to hit

true the pet loot range is quite low on sea / loot circle too small

v.klishev likes this.