1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great SEA = new islands and ship and still broken mechanics ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dziqn, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Dziqn

looks like s*it, mobs still with broken collision. submarine ship ...

2. shidoxen

Lol. Good times. xD

3. ν-13

Nah you just missed your ram. That's why I tell players who want to smh practice on candidums not hekaru and oceanstalkers. They have smaller hitboxes. Btw you can hold Q to cancel your ram

4. Foo

Foo

plus it's labs so

5. elgen

They missed half the time with the cannons because they did not have a target lock. That looked to be green upgraded gear as well. When landing a hit the damage seems good all things considered. He also have no sailing leveled at all not sure if that matters can read Korean to see if they have new skills

And no they will never make sea monster a solid object that stops moving once blocked. It would be way to easy to exploit by boxing in a sea monster so it can not path before using it's attack patter. The removed the ability to attack sea monster when they are returning to their spawn point to prevent a similar exploit.

6. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

But but you know what they said in the past...
    Smh is so easy even a 1 year old can do it and bring billions of silver home in an hour.

In fact we sea hunters know how much time you have to spend on sea and how much you have to learn until you get it right.
    (Especially if you fps sea hunt, what kind of pc you have to have to be able to get 200+ fps)

Ninjago likes this.
  7. easay9

The issue i see is this looks far more engageing actually having to use cannons but the energy on the ship is just stupid now, the new current system is going to suck and limit how you can travel on your ship. Honestly given you can only kill 1 to 2 monsters then you have to go to land of the money is not worth it this is dead content no one will do

8. elgen

Your crew can restore food stores by exploring out at sea some thing I have not seen tested yet. But between workers and upgraded gear I don't think it will be much of a problem. The number of cannons balls you can load is but can be fixed by increasing the amount you can carry based on your sailing level or boat part upgrades. They main take away I get from the patch notes is that they are trying to remove the old way of just ramming sea monsters to death and make cannons valid again. Which is what a lot of us asked for from the start.

Wodur likes this.
  9. Dziqn

this video isn't my, obviously its from smh noob.

i know all the tricks about smh ... Its not about money/h, im fine with my 500m payout after 3h smh ... Its about "game look" and mechanics on the sea. If devs are proud of "flying monster on the ship", i have good promo vid for them, starting from 1:07

They can advertise this new expansion all around the word with this abomiantion.

10. elgen

well they could always change it so they DIVE any time a boat comes with 5 feet of the sea monsters and give them all hard hitting ranged attacks would that make you happy ? While we are at it less make all boats solid models that you can't pass through because docking at port is not already a pain as it is.

11. easay9

actually yes the monster floating on top of the boat is ridiculously stupid

12. elgen

So was ramming to kill sea monsters yet folks flocked to do it. My suggestion would fix both someone have andro add it to his list.

Really anyone that played archeage knows what kind of hell solid model problems causes. And how overly easy they are to exploit.

#12 elgen, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  13. ZyZy

The submarining in that video looked to be caused thematically by the monster attacking the ship. It's not present for very long even it could have been done more smoothly.
    I get between 15 and 50 million doing the six SMH quests on Arsha. That's 3 smalls, a Heraku or a Stalker and a Large. Takes roughly 90 minutes with a friend - longer if we do the delivery quest in Ratt. If we get lucky [happens about once a month] we get the 100 million drop. All of that money goes to guild funds - which can be paid out... kind of. So, for someone saying they get 500 mil after 3 hours is exaggerating, leaving out pretty important details. If you really want to make money at sea (unless you control a guild), it isn't from SMH.

14. Parthin

Looks pretty cool! Guy has no sea monster knowledge or skill. Boat has green unenhanced gear, so enhanced blue will do more damage and have more power.

15. elgen

Claiming your sea monster hunting for profit while only focusing on your sailing daily's is about as valid as saying your focused on gathering skill based profits by doing olvia gathering daily's. Yes he is being misleading to folks that do not normally smh for profit. But really experienced players nowadays will bring in more then 500 mil a week passively.

ZyZy likes this.
  16. ZyZy

Good point. I'm aware of how it works. Like the other 99% of the people in BDO, I'm not a Guild Master or in a small SMH guild so it doesn't work for me. I suspect the real reason for his thread is that he's afraid that change is coming which will jeopardize his income. I'll be an Artisan sailor, Master 7 trader by the time this hits. Maybe I'll benefit. We'll see.

P.S. I'm excited for the changes and can't wait to experience them. And, yeah - while I do think they should fix issues (like desync, warping at sea) I'm going to embrace the new content when it arrives.

seanas and elgen like this.