1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greed- The #1 reason why BDO is failing to deliver a good MMO experience.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Unabating, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Drielith

I don't really think they're delusional as much as they're just defending the game they love in their own way.

One of the problems with words such as p2w and pay-for-convenience is that there's no clear definition of what constitutes paying to win or convenience, which makes it highly subjective and leaves it up to each individual to define.
    Also, I can't help but notice how using those 2 words quite often derail a discussion and leads to it being about what we each think is p2w/pay-for-convenience rather than what it really should be about and that is how this game is riddled with microtransactions that are more than mere cosmetics.
    While you can play without paying for anything in the cash shop it's a fact that paying heavily affect your gaming experience.
    - Rather than add auto-loot which alot of modern MMO's got they instead added it to pets, and not only that. They also added tiers to pets, so you got to upgrade them or have slower auto-loot times.
    - They made it so you can access marketplace (what other games often call auction house) but unlike the other games where you can do this such as Tera, GW2, etc., you got to pay for maids/butlers to be able to buy from it outside of towns.
    - They added weight unlike alot of MMO's, but didn't give enough weight (you can carry) for at least 1 hours of farming, but instead added the option to buy more weight to cash shop rather than adjusting it.
    - They added an optional subscription (which alot of MMO's got), but added an abysmal taxation from selling on marketplace (unlike other MMO's) so that you're greatly enticed to pay for sub.
    - They added stats to cosmetics unlike other MMO's so you're more likely to buy at least one full outfit + accessories.
    - etc, etc. etc.

Now, as I said before, you can play without actually paying for these. Would I be playing this game if I hadn't bought all these things + extra? Not a chance. They affect the gaming experience too much for me. Don't wanna have to pick up loot constantly nor do I like to get 35% less when I sell on market than what others get.
    Would I prefer the old school model with paying for the game and a slightly more expensive subscription? Yes, by far.

#181 Drielith, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Hyppocritten

The businessmodel is beyond that classification.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

you are not doing your friend a favor if you convince him to play this game because its free to play or because its only 5$ on discount. u r lying to your friend through your teeth if u r telling him he is gonna be able to compete without using more money.

4. MoonDance17

Definitely macro-transactions.

Drielith likes this.
  5. MoonDance17

They are spamming for people to team in sa because the game crashes when trying to launch .solo.

6. Kalade

This is the exact same **** that I've been saying for awhile now. It doesn't matter if the game is "p2w" or "p2c" because I think most of us agree that the cash shop is just terrible any way you spin it.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

8. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

The same place, really. You gotta keep the system realistic, sure there's a few people who got both time and money but, they're in the extreme minority. Most ppl don't have money but got plenty of time, or they got plenty of money but not much time. Both are a resource. I don't really feel disturbed by being "out played" by someone who can swipe more than me while playing the same amount of time or more. It just means I gotta work harder at life and ingame - something I'm already constantly striving for. Besides, such whales who also have a lot of time have their uses.

9. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 62 NA

Why shouldn't it take 3 years?

Desado likes this.
  10. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

"Work" yeah...

Might ask yourself wheres the fun in the middle while youre at it.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  11. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

I find that "work" to be my fun.

12. Findubar

"failing" as opposed to outright fail from its very conception. It was a quick cash grab on a shoestring budget designed with anti consumer mechanics from the get go.

WoWisBest and Fearless V like this.