1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greed- The #1 reason why BDO is failing to deliver a good MMO experience.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Unabating, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 60 NA

Was SMH fun? Did it require skill? I'm not disagreeing but I don't think the core concept or the incentive for SA are in need of heavy-handed fixing.

2. Valkaryie

To put it simply, it gives an incentive to keep the pedal to the metal past softcap. I dont know why they dont have mini brackets for every AP point, beats me. Would be better tbh and more rewarding for those of us in the caphras farming phase.

You just want to be lazy and unproductive and still show up to any fight on an even playing field. Wrong game kid.

You want to log on and make jokes with your guild for 30 minutes, to jump around town for another 30, chop wood for 5 mil and hour while watching anime or netflix, spend all your energy talking in chat, ignore the opportunities in the games economy in the short and long term, ignore the depth and complexity of the enhancing system and the possibilities it has to make money in almost every click, and just reblath to 20 and then start smashing boss gear while moaning about how the rng "should" be easier, based on some arbitrary difficulty expectation derived from your emotional reaction to TET failures, then gradually wind down your total active playing time to an hour a day once you have reached 'softcap'

Theres no reason why you or anyone that i described should compete with people researching, taking advantage of every system, having the brains to do so, and taking every chance and putting in the effort for endless hours at maximum key and mouse inputs per unit time. That is how mmo's work and this is obviously a korean grind mmo which are extreme versions of that.

Your whole complaint is full of assumptions about pay to win mechanics which are largely irrelevant past a certain point/once you have PEN weapons since its a ridiculously inefficient cost to sell for silver and thats capped low anyway. Pets, storage, a tent, maids, all that **** gets to diminishing returns pretty quickly and then hits a wall in value.

The fact that you end your OP with 'this is not a debate it is the truth' tells me you are on your 15th post softcap enhancement failure in a row, you think you know how to play P v Economy but you dontand think this is not how things were meant to be because it feels bad and are probably a liberal

gf.jpg

#142 Valkaryie, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Pouh likes this.
  3. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Bro you real ?
    To defeat boss in gw2 you just leave rock on button 1 so character keep autoatacking it to death.

4. Fearless V

Lol ok i challenge you to do one of these bosses in GW2 with only a few people that are just auto attacking it.... I also want to see you record it like I did too!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/361662877

You and beings like yourself, really need to get up to date on the game. Before spewing nonsense about it.

5. Vanadiel

Have some faith.

6. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I be honest, I can't force myself to watch it. GW2 is simply toooooooooo boring for me. I left it when first expansion turned out to be dog ****.(and got my account banned for refund ;) ) From few minutes I did watch you just use f1-f3 without any other skills. It's also look much worse than I remember it. You play on low details or my nostalgia did make it look better ?

7. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Warrior 61 EU

afk rock autoattack solo CM arkk when? just had to, even im impressed of that guy skillz

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Fearless V

OMG are you for real? Please note the time marker where all I did was just use F1 - Ff3 without skills on that Elementalist? Also if you wasn't just head strong about being a belligerent bigot. How about you actually state things as they are. Funny thing about videos like that ah? Makes lying about them nearly impossible.

But on a side note. I must have been really high that day. Because damn the stuff I'm saying in that video. Is just beyond next level of ridiculousness.

Draconnix likes this.
  9. Fearless V

Bloody hell, that was masterful. I honestly teared up watching such a epic performance. Too bad such performances are simply not allow to happen in Korean MMOs.

Draconnix likes this.
  10. Hyppocritten

Someone just ripped u a second butthole friend

Fearless V likes this.
  11. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I know you like that game and stuff but if you look at it you don't even use skills 90% of time I think I did watch time around 45 min ? (I am not sure tbh). I am bigot against gw2 and I take black desert over it any day. Don't act like gw2 is perfect because it's not even as good as gw1.

Wuss likes this.
  12. Fearless V

Oh GW1 had better PvP than GW2 hands down. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying GW2 is the perfect MMO. GW2 is my goto MMO when Processing, Cooking, or doing Alchemy. And for good reasons, the out play possibility in that game is next level. Compared to the other MMOs on the market. Also it's one of the few Skill beats Gear MMO on the market. Which is another reason why it's still host huge player population. Even 7 years after release!

Eve Online held it's playerbase for a good solid 14 years. Had a shaky midlife crisis which it recovered from. And will forever go down in history as the greatest PvP experience a MMO can and will ever deliver!

ESO is looking like it's also going to toe the line. Which did a full 180 after a horrible launch that would've and should've kill 99% of MMOs releasing in such a bad state. However ZOS bit the bullet, and invested so much more money and resources into that MMO. And after one and a half years. ESO went from trash status to good MMO status. A year after that ESO went on to grabbing super good user ratings and reviews and went on to grabbing MMO of the year multiple years in a row, with many awarders, and sites.

Meanwhile the Korean counterparts do the exact opposite of the above. This is not even up for debate, but is now common knowledge. Koreans simple don't give a damn about creating good titles. They just care about creating money makers that have low overhead and need little dev attention. Which can be seen in EVERY Korean MMO to hit the market!

Draconnix likes this.
  13. Wuss

ive played all those games they all kinda suck. eve is nothing but click this box then this box click click click eve sucks the worste. gw2 is a nubs paradise with its pvp scaling you can basicly do it naked. eso is dieing because they cant even fix animation cancel which is required or manage to balance a single thing in that game.

Arreyanne and Draconnix like this.
  14. Fearless V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draconnix likes this.
  15. LightningFFXIII-4

Only took them 1 year to do it. Did they take away the gains of all the ppl that abused it? No. SMH Guilds went from T1 Nobody's to Siege level in a few months. And now that SMH is nerfed, half of them dont even play anymore since playing the game normally is too hard for them.

16. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I mean we can argue about that since western companies also gave us crap like warhammer online, albion online etc. Trough I must agree you provide valid points. But now you got me to wonder how did it happen that korea did end as MMO factory after all they are pretty small country.

Fearless V likes this.
  17. Hyppocritten

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_gaming_in_South_Korea

It's a general lifestyle it's what American football, hockey and baseball is to NA and Tennis, Atlethics and football to Europe.
    It's 50 million people playing games at their respective level.

Draconnix likes this.
  18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Really ?
    Game to hard ?
    Castle payouts did ruin this game long before SHM was thing. Kakao simply did wake up 2 years to late.

Hezekiel and Fearless V like this.
  19. Fearless V

Agreed!

Draconnix likes this.
  20. Sadalsuud

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. And what special research did you do to deserve additional stats for the same effort?

This is just a desperate attempt to protect gear excessive impact compared to skill. Renown is gone, brackets will eventually follow or be modified, and maybe we'll get back a real gear diversity, because stacking AP is no research, "kid".