1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greed- The #1 reason why BDO is failing to deliver a good MMO experience.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Unabating, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Because caring AP set, Evasion set, and Accuracy set is so much ****ing fun when you have limited storage slots.

2. Bizmarc89

It's fun for me. SA doesn't require skill, it's all rng dependent.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 60 NA

If you think that Korean devs. Will remove their cash cow AP scaling system. Then believe that I have a bridge to sell your for 2 Million USDs in bitcoin! You pay me upfront tho!

The AP scaling system is basically the dog chasing the bone tied to a pickup truck scenario. This is basically their biggest and shiniest bait for the whales they are trying to catch. The whole AP system gives whales a distinct, advantage against most other beings. Which gives the whales massive incentive to stay in BDO and not go elsewhere.

4. Unabating

First of all you're confused about who made what post. This is not the only confusion coming from you either, because you clearly don't know what effect the AP/DP brackets have. Nerfing AP/DP brackets would be the single best thing that could happen to this game at the moment. It would cut down on the ridiculous godlike powers individuals have once they hit a certain gear threshold, making the game instantly more fun for everyone playing. In practice, these AP/DP thresholds give a ridiculous power spike gated behind gear. It's overtuned, and there's more than enough proof here to destroy any argument you would make against, even trying to attack the person's character instead of the argument. The only reason I see for you being against this is because you're one of these people, therefore anything you say is merely trying to protect your absurd power that you have over other people. Infact, you are the lazy one, you don't want competition and equity, you just want to keep other people down and maintain your position. If you think that blowing everyone up without taking damage is quality gameplay: well it's not. I can see right through you bud, nice try.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  5. Fearless V

+1 This right here.

Don't forget that these are the same dumb and ignorant beings. Who bash on and call skilled based Western MMO trash tier casual carebear games. Because you don't get gear carried in those game like these sorry excuses of gamers, do in these P2W RNG progression Gear based Korean Grinders.

That's why they lash out against skilled based gamers and games. Because they know that they are actually terrible gamers outside games. Which devs hands them free victories for either showing up to the game first, being more lucky with gear than other players, or simply buying their way to power to one shot everyone unopposed.

This is why the gaming community as a whole. Don't take a single word these sorry excuses of gamers say, about games or about how good they are. They being good don't come from their self at all. It comes from the power the devs. hand them. And without that power they would be nothing like they are in the other games they like to bash. But is rated much higher and host much better reviews from the gaming community as a whole. Then these P2W RNG progression Gear based Korean Grinders could ever dream of.

6. Mozniar

Character 59 Archer 170 AP / 232 DP

-

Alright, so I know whatever I write here will probably be like "you low life, how dare you share your opinion, you are not even softcap nor level 62" but I will share it anyway.

The reason I first bought BDO was because I was attracted to the PvP aspect + the combat system and of course the visual. But the moment I learned about how long it's going to take, and the power you get from gears alone, was just disheartening.

For example, Shadow Arena, is going in the direction where at least I can enjoy the PvP aspect of the game, however all of that is RNG based. Right. And I fully understand what the OP is voicing and those whom already are invested into the game. (You have to consider both sides of the coin )

There is two groups currently :

Group A :
    I invested more time + money, so it's a given I should be powerful.

Group B :
    The game should be a balance between gear + skill, and not purely gear based.

-

Again, I believe both side has a point, right. Because one has already invested too much time + money into the game, just for it to change now. If
    anything, the suggestion of Group B, would probably have worked best if they introduced it, earlier into the game when no one were at 250+ AP yet.

This is also a question I ask streamers, why they still play BDO, despite all the current money schemes of PA? Because they already invested too much money into the game, to quit it now. (Most at 1000$+ , or even $3500+)

So I think, it's a hard thing for the game to change now, especially for geared players. It could potentially make them leave the game, thus making PA lose money or it can introduce more players to the game, but this by itself too is RNG (Gamble for them at this point if they make the gear bracket change)

Or...they could change Shadow Arena into equalized gear fights or introduce a new mode where you get to choose your skill, but with equalized gears, which I think could give peoples the experience of skill based fights. But, of course this won't help with other PvP contents that currently exist in the game such as NW or RBF and other new ones they introduce in the future.

-

So in a way, it comes down to who is the game targeting, and I suppose, in this scenario it's those that continues to spend more in order to get the feeling of, increased AP and DP or more loots in Shadow Arena for multiple wins with Blessing of Kam. etc. or increase their potential earnings with better gears (at greater spots)

Ben Phoenix and Fearless V like this.
  7. LightningFFXIII-4

lol, Shadow Arena is dying already. Got ppl spamming world chat to get ppl to join it this morning. The rewards aren't that great even with Kama blessing.

8. Fearless V

In the end what does it matter. BDO like every other Korean MMO that has and will hit this market. Will not change their business models to suit Western players. This is not even up for debate. Also at this point in time most Western gamers know to stay away from Anti-Player P2W RNG gearbased Korean games. Also not up for debate, but is a fact! You can ask nearly all of the Western gamers who been playing MMOs for more than 3 years and I assure you, around 80% will say around "Korean games are nothing more than pointless, skill-less, P2W RNG Grindfests that milks their playerbase and don't provide enough good content." That is basically the general sigma that Korean games now have on the Western market. Everyone can verify this information on nearly all sites and portals about Western gamers talking about Korean games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/5kfp9t/what_korean_mmo_out_in_na_has_the_best_endgame/
    https://www.gamingfactors.com/korean-mmorpgs-are-still-unoptimized-for-western-gamers/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/7wp32v/top_10_eastern_mmorpgs/
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/89110/why-do-all-korean-mmos-suck/p3

I could go on for another 30 or so minutes just linking more and more supporting evidence. To the FACTs about how Korean games are now widely perceived now here in the West! It's nothing good either! Also it's known fact that the Korean games devs. don't give a single bit of a fuwk, about how they are perceived in the west either. As more and more western gamers realize and wake up to these realizations. I feel Korean devs. time in the western gaming market, is close to a abrupt end very soon at that! Too much not giving a single care towards western gamers, and just using every single slimy tactic under sun to bait and switch on Western gamers. Have brought us to this soon to be conclusion.

All that being said. BDO will more than likely be the last Korean game that hits the Western PC market with decent profit margins. This problem with Korea and the Western markets extend beyond gaming too. As it's starting to be more and more widely known. Not to buy Korean products in general. Unless you want a bare bones crappy underdeveloped, and short lived products that will break fast.

This is not whining. This is just stating the nature of the way things are. But I feel like most of the dumb and ignorant gamers who are drawn to this mindless skill-less games and chest thump about their success against others. Will still see it as a whining post and bash me. Which is ultimately their prerogative. However irrational it may be. And soon they have only themselves to blame. Once they find themselves without games like this on the Western markets. I guess they'll go back to VPNing and acquiring Korean IDs to play these games. Afterall they are the only type of games. These types of gamers could ever be decent at.

So all that being said. Who should even care about if or not "BDO is failing to deliver a good mmo experience". Is actually not just BDO, but every single Korean MMO to have hit the western market is equally guilty of this. In the end all will be made right with the balance. One way or another. And I truly will morn you being loss, when this day comes. And it will, and soon. So we might as well just laugh it up while we still can. Because soon these Koreans will no longer find it within their culture business models. Viable to do business with us.

Mozniar likes this.
  9. Fearless V

Agreed but in the end. Who really gives a flying fuwk at this point? Really tho?

10. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

If a game is pay to play, it is also automatically pay to win by my book, but worse. You cannot win in a game you are not playing, so a pay to play game is one where you pay for a chance to win. I've played games of both payment models. I prefer the cash shop over p2p when it comes to cosmetic customization. It's also easier for me to convince a friend to start a game with me that is f2p than a p2p one. Furthermore, p2p models tend to overly dumb down the game to keep even the worst players around which sucks because it destroys any sense of achievement within the game for those who are hardcore.

#170 Luxea, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Hyppocritten likes this.
  11. Hyppocritten

U really believe a F2P game is actually free once u get into it? I honestly doubt u believe that. The free version has in my experience always been one with crappy bad gameplay.

Shastalya, Fearless V and MoonDance17 like this.
  12. DeezAxes

BDO should really try to target and attract the younger generation of gamers. ages 15-20. targetting that group of gamers can greatly increase their player base. why havent they attracted many of the younger gamers? because BDO requires so much money investment into it just to be "optimal" (example: weight limit, inventory slots, pets).

younger gamers dont have this kind of money and most if not all are still living off their parents income, going to school, and doing what teenagers do: play MMO's. but they cant play BDO because it requires $100-$300 investment into an account. youre already steering away a large crowd by having so much investment requirement.

13. Casty

If you haven't realized yet, the world is greedy, it's the way of human psychology.

Luxea likes this.
  14. Kalade

Wow, I can't believe you actually made this argument. P2P models inherently have the same set of conditions for players to play in (i.e. you can't play the game if you don't pay for it). There tends to be a flat fee that everyone has to pay, and that's it. Since there is no ability to gain a significant advantage and/or directly purchase gear with irl cash, I fail to see how P2P models could be remotely P2W.

#174 Kalade, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    WoWisBest and MoonDance17 like this.
  15. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Actually it much more simple, most of people can't afford PC that run bdo.

16. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

I was top 3rd of my class in one of the F2P games i used to play years ago. You can outdo people who pay without paying money. I know people in bdo who are completely f2p (minus buying the game) and sitting in seige guilds. Meanwhile, some others who swipe regularly get farmed by them.

And, I already explained that logically, p2p = you are paying for a chance to win. If you don't pay you automatically lose, or at least not win. What those who think like you are really crying about, is that you are frustrated that you got a free chance to win (or in bdo's case, a cheap chance to win), but you can't optimize that chance or don't want to, so you prefer to pay for a chance to win, but with nobody being able to optimize it. Logically however, you still had to pay. Just that the cashshop option is an option that gives more cosmetic options due to higher commercial incentive (which I like), and it doesn't lock out the possibility that you can outplay and out progress a payer necessarily (depends on implementation, in bdo's case, you can outplay and out progress a payer).

They should repel this group. There's no direct revenue from them since they can't pay and whales cannot directly sell cash shop items to them. Their lack of maturity also does nothing but make more drama within the community while crying more that the game doesn't instantly gratify. The only benefit is just boosting numbers, but for that, you might as well just put in more afk content.

#176 Luxea, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  17. Kalade

I honestly don't think you know what P2W really is. P2P just means everyone has equal chances of obtaining something because everyone has to pay the same costs for said chances. Paying to play the game, therefore, gives you the same chance of "winning" as everyone else who pays for the game, and, because of the inherent necessity of purchasing the game, there is no discrepancy between players who do not pay for advantages through monetary means and players who do. In f2p games, however, there is such a discrepancy, and that's where P2W creeps in.

WoWisBest and Fearless V like this.
  18. Hyppocritten

19. Fearless V

Yeah it's a lost cause trying to explain these things to such highly delusional beings. I've completely just given up all hope for them.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

well, now just imagine where you would be or those nonswiper friends of yours if they also spent alot of money.

there is no defending the system. it is more than obvious who has the advantage in this game and it is not small either.

WoWisBest and Fearless V like this.