1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grind looting

Discussion in 'PvE' started by Sanko_, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Sanko_

Hey,I'm sorceress and I have 4x t3 and 1x t1 pets with 232 AP/269 DP tet kutum which means I one shot every marny spot on Violation..
    Whenever I grind at Gahaz, theres shittons of loot I leave behind and then I get the feeling like theres something in that loot i left behind and then I feel some urge to go back and wait for my pets to loot everything.. My question is: When I grind, am I just supposed to leave all that trash behind and just keep going in order to kill other stuff thats ahead of me and do the rotation as quickly as possible?

+ Recently I went into Pila ku Jail and i feel like im getting way more income than I do on gahaz.. Can anyone confirm or am I just lucky guy?

2. Foo

Foo

Well put it this way if you're killing everything so quickly that means killing more mobs will give you the same amount of loot as if you just sat there and waited so you always kill even if your pets can't keep up because you're always dropping more loot and they're always looting

3. Darlgon

If you are killing faster than your pets can loot... YES, you are loosing loot. Up to you if you think killing 5 more mobs is worth missing out on a Tet item.
    Doing the rotation as quickly as possible, and not getting even silver because your pets cant even loot that,, seems counter productive to me.

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Try Ronaros.

5. sunokelly

Just kill and go. Game start to decide what item u got when u pick up the loot. not when u kill the mob.
    + u got more income at pilaku cause its one the Best solo money/hour spot for pre soft cap player rn. The Black spirit claws and ancient languages worth Way much more than before.

6. Darlgon

What does that collection of words even mean?
    "Just kill and go. Game start to decide what item u got when u pick up the loot. not when u kill the mob."
    He is leaving stuff rotting on the ground, not asking if its good or bad loot. Since he isnt picking it up, does not matter if "the game decides when he kills the mob".
    "+ u got more income at pilaku cause its one the Best solo money/hour spot for pre soft cap player rn. The Black spirit claws and ancient languages worth Way much more than before."
    Again, if he is not picking up all the loot, he is not getting ANY money/hour, no matter where he plays. He is leaving claws and ancient languages to rot as well.

Kanimae likes this.
  7. Sanko_

So basically it doesnt matter if theres a pile of loot waiting for me 8 meters behind me. Ill just kill mobs that are in front and go ahead... Is it confirmed that loot aint decided already in the mob but when I pick it?

8. Kiri_Dar

So first question, are your pets on agile. If so then you need to first probably get that T1 pet upgraded. At your ap T3 x5 on agile should cover you for a lot of spots. If still killing to fast would have to think about T4 Pet or waiting for them to loot. Loot is random and pets don’t go after best loot so and drops you don’t pickup could be high value loot you lost.

9. Darlgon

[​IMG]

Yes, listen to that person who does not even know you have to Go before you can Kill. Can I come follow along after you? You know that any loot you leave goes to other players if their pets get it between the time your claim on the loot expires and when it rots, right? They dont even have to participate in the kill, just follow along looting. I get stuff like that just riding thru on my horse all the time.

Stillwaters likes this.
  10. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

You should find more challenging spot to grind.

11. Stillwaters

It mostly depends if your on an XP grind and burning valuable buffs,if so just leave the loot behind. If your money grinding and just have casual XP buffs going then I'd wait for loot or move to a better spot.

12. Taeshien

Kill and go, your maximum pickup rate is determined by your pet's loot rate so it doesn't matter if you're standing on top of a corpse waiting for them to cycle or you're picking it up off a fresh corpse that you just launched yourself at. The only time you stop is when takes you more than 2-3secs to kill a pack (meaning your pets are like 0.5s away from a second loot grab) and you won't reach/kill the next pack by the time your pet's loot cycles.

If you stand over every mob waiting for pet loot cycles the only thing you are doing is hurting your XP rate, you aren't "getting more loot"".

13. Darlgon

Do you even realize what nonsense you are saying? Loot has nothing to do with XP, except in hunting.

If you are standing on top of a corpse that your pets have not looted and leave for new kills, you WILL be leaving loot behind and getting less loot.

OP never asked about XP, only asked if they were loosing out on loot if they killed faster than their pets could pick up.

If you leave behind a Tri Grunel Helm worth 128M, how many mobs do you have to kill to make that up? Dont forget, this game uses RNG as much as it uses loot tables to determine what you get from mobs.

#13 Darlgon, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Stillwaters likes this.
  14. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

omg all these people....

1. loot is decided on kill, not on pickup. there is proof for this; go somewhere with a friend, one pops a lootscroll the other doesnt. when the guy with the lootscroll kills and the other picks up, the guy without the lootscroll will benifit from the lootscroll, do it the other way around and the lootscroll is wasted. easily noticable on the amount of trash picked up because the lootscroll allows for trashdrops higher then would be possible without.

2. if you leave loot behind but you can kill fast enough to keep your pets buisy all the time you wont miss out loot. the argument of 'you might be leaving clawpieces and ancient language scrolls behind' is true BUT the odds of picking up those very same drops at the next pack instead are exactly the same so it doesnt matter. your pet picks up 4 items in 10 seconds no matter what, if you kill enoug for your pet to do just that, you are gucci.

In the end you will get more xp from killing more mobs so if you manage to get from one pack to another fast enough and kill mobs in the progress, I reccomend killing as much as possible.

on the sidenote, if the packs are big enough you can try picking loot yourself, this will actually boost your trash per hour and rare drops come with that accordingly ofc.

15. Sevyrn

IV items dont drop in the desert. The highest you can get is +15 armors/weapons and II (duo) accessories.

16. Taeshien

Congratulations on completely missing the point of the whole system. The guy is asking if he should stand and loot or run and loot and the answer is run and loot. IE: Same chance at getting anything because you are capped by the pet's loot cycle and now you ALSO get more XP as a bonus.

17. Taeshien

Mathematically it actually doesn't even matter if it's decided on drop or pickup because the point you make in your point 2 is the main issue. Pet pickup is the deciding factor. So either way you are correct.

18. Auxey

Oy vey goyim, you're free to purchase some more pets and try to t5 them anytime.
    Aside from that it's probably best to just upgrade your spot. Gahaz at 232ap is kind of ridiculous.