1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardian - a blind person can play it.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by SweetsDealer, Apr 4, 2020.

1. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

First you dum, if someone out gears you can lose, if someone has 50 gs of AP over you, you lose 100% , bdo mechanics are not intense, there is not much key binding or example, you can play the game on a gamepad ffs. The main reason i play mystic is because she is the only class that needs long combos to do real damage and uses combo extender. As for guardian, it has too much of everything, and thats not healthy for the game.

alastersan and Jessy Jess like this.
  2. SweetsDealer

How about we don't make this topic about a twitch boi or whatever classes everyone else plays?
    I never said ranger is not a good class, with the right addons+skill the ranger can hit like a truck. But he also needs a TON of AP. Succession is designed for mass PvP, i'm in top 5 and sometimes on 1st during NW. Weak in 1 vs 1.
    I'm talking about the class that can one shoot you even if it has 30 less AP than you, every guardian 250+ AP can one shoot classes with 330 DP.
    I have a ranger in my guild with 350 DP on awakening, got one shooted by our guardian with 255 AP, so there's that. Did i mention that he took down his block also?
    The class that is sitting in one spot in PvE and kills everything around her with a 4 key combo.
    Yes, i have a 282 guardian in my guild, he uses 2,5 skills at star ends, he is watching tw shows while he grinds, all day long.

alastersan likes this.
  3. Blitzball

All classes can do this with that amount of AP. Nothing new

Animagic and TucoRamires like this.
  4. BloodieX

guardian clip doing this when?
    https://streamable.com/i1k4x (jsut for context since u are new to the game) the warrior in the video has 380DP full evasion, show me a guardian doing the same and i will be the first jumping on the OP bandwagon

Also DP on ranger isnt going to do ****, if a ranger got 1 shot by a guradian that just means one of the slowest classes in the game catched him (calss with little to no CC on top of being the slowest class in BDO BTW), he should be just worried about his own kiting ability other than calling Overpowered he should be trying to get good at the game instead. Did you stop to think about that for a second before comming here to write this post making a fool of yourself?

#24 BloodieX, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    ODB3698 likes this.
  5. Spartakatz

nothing unusual here, 30% of entire rbf is guardians already, but all that's normal, right.

Decoy#401 and alastersan like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

people defending guardian gonna be blindsided by PA same like lahn fotms were last week.

it would be way better if guardians themselves wrote feedback on what needs to be nerfed before PA chooses for them. :D

7. Aurasormr

Well, we have super strong scalings, which enables said 1 taps with fairly low ap not goinh to denie that. One has to keep in mind that we have no real way of dodging or kiting ( likr others) see guardian as a mortar - cant really move ( slow ) and obliterates if you dont move.
    B4 anyone craps on me - i do think the dmg is fine for the trade off we have to deal with ( she is barely 3 month out, still lots of work to do - on the class and on playing it to its fullest).

I also get the frustration when peeps get blown in an instant.. but OP - you re a ranger.. you are NOWHERE near to be able to tank such hits to begin with. Its true shift left is a nuke - its slow tho and predictable - with 283 ap i wasnt able to blow up warrior mystic and valk blocks - the rest were fairly easy ( 330+ dps).

I still think its a "higher risk" high reward kind of situation - because she is rather immobile not her difficutly to play. If you get caught you ded - if she makes a mistake shes dead.

For balancing im not quite sure - if you nerf her dmg too hard she turns out to be just slow, thats it. Besides her shift F all SAs seem to be super abusable because they have long animations - atleast thats the experience i made - am no pvp god by any means.

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. SweetsDealer

Who asked about warrior? Who is talking about a warrior? Everyone knows warriors got buffed in awakening so i don't see your point.
    Are you just sheet posting for likes or just to insult me?
    Yeah, Guardian is not OP, tell that to my guild mate, 261/320 AP/DP pulling 3,5k trash in lower Sycraia. 3 crabs in his back and he's watching movies on the TV.
    Oh wait, the new trend on NW is guardian with 200% rage killing 10 ppl with ulti. But that's not OP at all.
    I think you are in a denial phase twitch boi.
    *SIGH* just because my forum account is "new" that doesn't mean i'm playing from yesterday.

alastersan likes this.
  9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

if you have classes like ninja and sorc in your game. what you gonna do to make some new fotm? its hard to even imagine something stronger. so they just give a class perma protection with skills that oneshot 14k HP in sieges.
    i was missing this threads but i thought its so clear this class is holy OP, so ppl dont even bother to cpmplain about it.
    and then i see them thinking this class is balanced and has any kind of space in this game. makes me just sad.

and i really think ppl that call themselves guardians mains should just shut their mounth about any pvp topic. they have absolutly no right to talk about it.
    its a known fact that there is no Ranger to call out anymore. at least in EU, this class is dead long ago

alastersan likes this.
  10. Furi-Puri

People saying others don‘t have a right to talk about a topic are sad and dumb like a bread (as we say in germany).

Draconis and ODB3698 like this.
  11. ODB3698

What is this "everything" guardian has "too much" of? I know for a fact its not CC in PvP as guardian has the least number of usable PvP CCs of any class in the game...on top of being the absolute slowest class in the game...so its not speed either that they have "too much" of. It also has the longest/slowest animations in the game, making it extremely predictable. You literally just wait for a guard to miss or evade the guard's attack and just CC or outright kill it during the animation recoil. If you are talking about "too much" damage...clearly I'm wasting time responding here as you haven't bothered to look at any of the other classes that do equal or more damage already. I guess you might be hung up on the fact that a guard does more damage in less hits, but that's clearly by design as that is the result of the slower attacks/longer animations...versus other classes getting in many more attacks for the same or greater damage..same net effect. Like someone else said, you have to be a clown or a low geared scrub to lose to a guardian in 1v1. All guard has going for is PvE grinding...yet people are so butt hurt by it.

Animagic, Feroth, Grehm and 1 other person like this.
  12. Spartakatz

it look rather that you have no gear that you didn't even notice how absurd guardian is right now? don't worry, it's so blatant, the nerf will come 100%. was same for lahn, and guardian is probably even more broken.

13. Furi-Puri

I honestly think the "nerf" is a meme. Afaik the buffs and nerfs are based on the korean meta and all I heard is that the koreans find her easy to counter and too slow. We will see, but it seems to me that only EU/NA find her OP.

14. Stealthe

Its true players can lie but numbers dont lie and from someone who only pvp's in 1v1 and large scale I have a good feeling the numbers currently suggest currently succ lahn is #1 overall,Sorcerer is #2 and gaurdian is #3 in terms of overall performance

15. Daigurern

U literally just proved how insanely bad u are at this game, thats all. Not even worth goin into detail.

ODB3698 and Feroth like this.
  16. Panthalon

First of all- atm I have four, fully geared classes- striker, mystic, sorc and guardian (all above 600gs). Some time ago I also had wizard, musa and ninja.
    Imo, guardian is balanced in actual state of the game- top tier in node wars, good in grinding, trash tier in 1v1, average in small scale (totally oposite of awa lahn tbh).
    You guys are crying about her dmg- what about striker burst? What about ninja/kuno onetapping 10 ppl at once? What about sorc, which doesn't really needs DP to dance at zerg and kill people (I need to stop here- I have big respect for sorc players to be clear, i-frames are op but you need to cover your back all the time during attack- it's not easy to be good sorc)? What about tamer ulting into group of people and killing them under one second? What about witch with her evasion debuff, cc and sa on shift+f? What about zerkers or warriors with 300 fps+ who can dash faster than musa, desyncing badly and kill people in 1 second (for serious, high fps classess should be rewrite/reworked/resomething with animation speed locked at max 144fps... nowadays more and more people looks like speedhackers only because high fps and low ping)? I won't mention lahn succ which is totally broken atm.
    Controversial thing for me is ap scalling on guardian- imo she has too big dmg on low ap but...again- what about striker, ninja, wizard, tamer etc?
    One more thing- videos/clips prove nothing (I could post new thread in every class subforum with video/clip evidence and "prove" that all classess are already broken op.)

Edit:
    But if KR is crying that Guardian is weak and she will get buff- then gg xD

ManlyBeard likes this.
  17. Beeso

18. Yarghul

@Panthalon Yeah the low AP scaling of Guardian is a clear thing that makes her look OP but it's as always there are Classes easy to play but most of them are hard to Master, same rule works for Guardian they make damage but most really can't really play her in PvP Situations

19. Panthalon

If someone has pvp experience, he can learn to play as guardian very fast, she is easy to play and not really hard to master. Problem is, that you can't get above certain "skill level" like, for example, sorc. She is also not ping/fps dependant that much (which is very good).

1v1 PVP Pros- you can make 3 skill combo (including grab xD) and kill people,
    1v1 PVP Cons- if someone is still alive after 3 skills, you can't really extend your combo (in most cases) because she is very slow.

PVE on guardian is braindead comparing to some other classes- for example I need to know whole, quite long combo on mystic to get good amount of trash loot at hystria and I can't grind at aakman. On guardian I'm just spamming skills and watching mobs dying on most spots (didn't try sycraia tho so I can't tell how good is guardian there).

20. Jessy Jess

The problem here is that most ppl here have no ****ing idea of their class or the game mechanics (PvP and PvE), if you play awakening almost every class needs to switch bewteen pre and awakening and debuff/buff correctly to reach their full potential. But most ppl just camp awakening and claim they mastered their class. So the issue with Guardian is that you CAN Camp awakening and have the same results as another class has IF you would use it's full potential thus making Guardian an easy, very easy pick for PvE + ppl think she is OP bec they are unable to play their originally class properly bec it would take too much effort. And PvP with 277 AP you can easy kill 349+ DP ppl. BUT untill now I didn't fight any good guardian yet I guess. All they do is spam the same **** which they do in PvE, which is slow and I only say braindead shift rmb spam and they are a free kill. But from my experience most ppl aren't good in PvP, bec they rely too much on their gear and are used to 2shot everybody, which makes Guardian strong again bec ppl just run into the obvious stuff and they cry (talking from not outgearing etc.). Large PvP is a diff story, since there she is one of the top picks due obvious reasons.

#40 Jessy Jess, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020