1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardian Awakening Trailer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by defar92, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Naho

2. Flex556

I can't wait to main this. <3

Neoyoshi likes this.
  3. Bizmarc89

I changed my mind. Awakening looks pretty fun and hits like truck.

Neoyoshi likes this.
  4. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

That trailer was awesome, it really does a lot of justice to the poleaxe. Also, i hope their video editor is being paid well, the transition edits are what make a lot of these Awakening trailers shine. :)

Fateneko likes this.
  5. Grizabella

Just remember BDO Rule #1: All classes are OP at launch and then nerfed

6. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

Yep, which is why it's not a bad idea for everyone to at least try her out. Her being able to plow through levels and content for the first few weeks due to the *dev's allowing her to be overpowered is just icing on the top. :)

*before class balance patch.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  7. easay9

Interesting not sure how this ties at all into a viking look IMFAO

What else will they get wrong this year between 1 shot Suck sessions and now this ........

Things will be better in 2020 xD ?

8. ODB3698

We need an awakening outfit set that brings back that savage af look she was introduced with. I would even use the pre awake costumes,but they at least need to provide a brutal looking skin for the awakened pole-axe included.

9. Catastigma

the basic skin is pretty much *Brutal*"

10. MsLilith

wtf you talking about theres recorded vikings using 2h axes about that size...it fits her perfectly

11. nolasigns

This is the most accurate depiction of a Viking woman. PA has failed us, again.

[​IMG]

12. Preslavv

Its good you are hating her, the less she will be played, the less she will be nerfed. So others who want to main her will no get screwed.
    I was afraid that she will have some magic wand or something, so at least they stayed by her preawa style. Poleaxe is fine, two handed axe will be more generic.
    So far i like her.

13. ghoulz666

Doesn't mask the shiny Valk light beams exploding out of the ground.

Just picture Guts swinging his sword around, causing pink explosions with yellow flowers flying around.

Fateneko and defar92 like this.
  14. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

those new mobs are interesting.

15. Nutter22

Each to their own - love this, think it looks awesome and can't wait to play the guardian on launch.

Flex556 likes this.
  16. Beeso

Now that’s what I’m talking about. For me it is the skin(s) of both weapon and outfit that feel off for ,combined with the overdramatized trailer style, those I feel never give anything close to what the class/skills will feel like. I don’t even necessarily dislike the outfit, I actually think it looks nice, but I prefer her classic one. Now look at that weapon (without the skins) and over the top effects that are accentuated by the video/trailer.

“Less is more”

Aiwen likes this.
  17. Attan

Her awakening costume...this is the most ugly costume in game actually >.< soooo disappointed ... and even more...those skills animation looks so baaaaaad !!

T800 likes this.
  18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Apply as game designer to them and make it better.

19. Flex556

I didn't like it in the pictures and such but it didn't look horrible on the stream I watched last night. You could always customize the colors into something less white I think or just not buy it.
    I thought the animations looked great. Pre is rocks and boulders, awakening is lava. I would not mind some more reds and oranges vs yellows but it's fine.

Bizmarc89 and Beeso like this.
  20. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I'm ok with how it looks. Don't think it's too original however, since lots of moves are pretty much copied from few other classes, but flow seems nice. I'm also ok with yellow effects since we really have too much classes that use fire at this point. Would be way better imo if they made her flail more with that longaxe since it is huge, gave the axe more weight so the character looks like she's struggling a bit, and made her moveset seem more agressive. (If anyone played Vindictus here, I'd prefer if they gave her moveset to something similar Hurk had with a greatsword).

But it is definitely noticable that they are running out of ideas which is a shame :[ Guess that's the faith of every game that keeps poping out new classes more then any other content.