1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardian Awakening Trailer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by defar92, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Im a bit confused why nobody realized this before. But again i just realized it myself now so i guess its fair.
    Guardian is basically the Warden from Blade and Soul.

I dont entirely get where the barbarian/viking idea came from. Just because she is wearing a dead bear or whatever yielding an axe with a shield doesnt automatically make a her a barbarian/viking. Knights used shields too? Barbarians used swords too? And literally everyone in freezingly cold climates wore animal fur since, guess what, its fking cold. :D

Also PS:

Well that would have been the artists job though. Not the job of the game designers.

#61 Ned Sheynji, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. WhoFedSparta

Don’t worry, she will be nerfed ;-) haha

TucoRamires and Ben Phoenix like this.
  3. Grizabella

Trying is fine. Buying is another matter. No costumes. No outfits. Nada until after the nerfs.

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

After the buffs you mean...she already got multiple buffs the first and second week in kr because she was seen as too weak.

5. woots

If it is, saddly Guardian have unherit of the sh#tty fight BDO design. At least BnS fight is well rounded
    ( not speaking about keycombo to cast a skill, that part is well made in BDO )

6. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

It has objectively better combat. Less desync. More interesting combo potential built in. Stats actually synergize with skills so your DMG doesnt rise linearly but can rise even further if reacted properly. The only reason why people think BDO has the best combat on the market is because for most people BDO was their first eastern MMO. But there are tons of eastern MMOs with good action combat.

The flaw with BnS is and has always been the lack of diverse content and the heavy p2w.

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I played bns and i really didn't think the combat was good there. I prefer bdos combat by a lot.

It's hard to say "objectively" when something like this is a very subjective topic. There might be players who say wow combat is the best ever ever.

TucoRamires and Bizmarc89 like this.
  8. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Hard to get excited about awakening when you know succession will be a power creep that'll invalidate it.

It's LOL you guys are expecting anything barbarian/nordic in the awakening. Given their MO, do you think they'll save that for Crimson Desert where it's basically bread and butter for that game or give that to you here?

9. GuiltGuy

The PVE damage of awakening guardian is as huge as that of successions.

I think PA need somehow to buff the pve damage of awakening of all other old classes. Doesn't have to be as good as succession for awakening of other classes but at least bring all awakening of other classes to the same level of awakening guardian.

10. woots

Yes agree BnS have objectively better combat clearly. Clear CC usage, CC evade skills, balanced Iframe accross class,
    Relevant skill rotation, also far more challenge because well designed enemy AI unlike BDO.

Well,BnS have more diverse content than BDO ( BDO only FEEL like there is a diverse content tho ) just because of the dungeons, after i concede that i personaly dont like at all how BnS "world" is build ( like somes tiny linear map where you never go back ) you feel trapped.
    After, when it come to P2W BnS one is sort of better because you can buy with gold CS currency and have far more liberty to access CS content.
    for P2W BDO is far worse ( way more sneaky and gate you out very hard, so fked your gaming life kinda badly )

11. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

You can go back to the old style when succession is out even if you hate awakening it's not a problem when succession comes out

Jupto likes this.
  12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Stop saying it's objectively better when something like a combat system is something purely subjective.

Souda, nolasigns and Arvalo like this.
  13. Grizabella

Sure. Take that risk. Every class we have gotten was OP at Launch and then nerfed. Not falling for it again.

14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Eh no. I think you forget lahn, which was really bad at start and still is on the weaker side.
    Guardian seems to be similar, at least from what koreans say (but they also said mystic was bad at first).

Guardian basically suffers the same problem as lahn: slow animations. The awakening seems to have decent speed compared to preawa at least.
    The biggest difference between those classes is that lahn was built around protections which were shortly after removed due to the pvp cc/protection changes. Guardian at least got designed with that in mind so i have more hopes of her being decent.

15. Netreiam

I distinctly remember Mystic and Striker being considered "too weak" as well. I think the biggest difference is Lahn was designed as an assassin class vs Guardian looking like more of a brawler/upfront fighter like mystic/striker. Likely she will be OP because she will actually be designed as a front fighter with these "rules" (which they make plenty of exceptions for and walked back for certain classes) unlike certain other frontline classes that were just ****ed over, never got fixed, and have to act like 3rd rate assassins because they have no protections *cough* valk *cough*.

Trailer looks cool but I hate the class purely on the principle that it invalidates all the nerfs they gave valk, and they fact they still do next to NOTHING to fix her.

ODB3698 likes this.
  16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I doubt she'll be a lot better than valk tbh. For sure she is has slower animations thus leaving more openings to be grabbed. Also it seems like she barely has any cancels (from what my kr friend told me).
    Valk is not as bad as some make it seem. Sure, her movement is lackluster but besides that she is a fine class that can perform well in most scenarious (just not dashing faster than musa/maehwa like before the classes).

Guardian has a different playstyle in being a more agressive, barbarian brawler class (despite the name).

17. woots

using Ned words, yet, that's indeed objectively better with all the settings, way to manage skills / skills combo / CC / cc resist / evade, so mobs AI.
    While its far more subtile for most people compare to flashy skill effect, that's what made the best games.
    Not everyone can release such sertling work, and PA arent one of them ( or maybe if their leader was whiling to make a game before a milking machine maybe )

After if you are not seeing it because you are subjectively blinded by the visual and the apparent dynamism, that's indeed objectively your own oroblem

Life2v likes this.
  18. ODB3698

The Valk issues are not about whether she can move or not and her move speed is fine. She has multiple movement skills. The issue is what happens when she moves... CC'd. FG alone doesn't cut it on movement skills. That's why every other class has CC protection on movement. That's why we had it before they stripped us of protections and left us incomplete. They implemented a half way measure a few months ago and added resistance on our first death line chase forward movement...making sure to leave gaps in protection while moving..unlike other classes. They even fixed this in Valk succession with shield chase, but appear to be intentionally not fixing it in normal pre-awakened. As, expected, guardian isn't suffering from these design flaws.

19. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

Some of her Awakening abilities are just downright sexy.

[​IMG]

20. Grizabella

Lets hope you are right. I main Lahn...