1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardian Class Balances, Round Pri

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Andaro, Jan 28, 2020.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It is already live on korea for over a month...and it's on testserver.

2. ODB3698

I'll comment on what we have, when we actually have it. We don't always get it exactly like it was on KR or on global. It would be nice though. Like I hope they modify the lava color/graphics before we get it.

BloodLeshen likes this.
  3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well, we get pretty much the same stuff kr has in terms of classes. Nerfs/buffs usually at same time or at least one week later. Guardian has been buffed a lot in kr and we got the already buffed version so we'll probably get what kr has rn.

4. PancakeRift

Oh I made it pretty clear I was aware that she only has half her kit.

All I was saying is she is a good "middle of the road" class at the moment. With awakening she is going to be a monster when it comes to damage output :)

BloodLeshen likes this.
  5. Stahlram

(1) What do you like the most about <Guardian> (Limit 1)
    The audio and visual feedback of her abilities, they feel properly weighted and powerful.

(2) What do you dislike the most about <Guardian> (Limit 1)
    Too many skills have the same type of debuffs imo.

(3) What change would make <Guardian> more appealing to you? (Limit 1)
    An ability that is a ferocious battle shout or banging of the shield for self/party buff or enemy debuff.

Please note, the above should be regarding Skills and/or how the character "plays"

Grehm likes this.
  6. BloodLeshen

underboob

not enough underboob

underboob on all outfits

7. Ra Ma Ga

The problem with Guardian is that not only is the Guardian sluggish (intentional slowness) but also because her abilities, when executing them, the animations lock her in place. It is such a hindrance when Super Armor trading (damage). Not to mention when in Super armor, any debuff still gets applied because only in Frontal Guard may you block not only the damage, but also the debuff. As a Guardian, It's extremely difficult to catch someone when running away to heal up, especially when they use their Attack Speed/Movement Speed debuff right after.

If the damage is insane for her awakening right now, then I am for-sighting you to make another post like this for Guardian's Succession. If that is still a problem, then her damage will be nerfed BUT, Guardian's Attack Speed/Movement Speed will need to be buffed as well as giving the Guardian animation cancels. BUT, that will defeat the purpose of Guardian, and Guardian would just be another like every other class, which is not their intention.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I couldn't care less about succession as i despise the concept of it AND i don't like the preawa of guardian.

On a side note, her awa is a lot faster than preawa and also allows for some cancels at least. You are not locked into animations except the shift+q and others are reltively fast so that won't be a big problem.

Also so far in preawa only i haven't even had a problem chasing down targets that tried to flee, not even musa/maehwa was able to get away.
    This is thanks to her being able to apply pretty sick slows that stop others from getting away. The trick is to use axe throw on the cced target when you realize you're not gonna onecombo the target.

9. Daigurern

(1) Good Sustain in combat and her huge AOEs kinda make her skills "feel" strong when executed.
    (2) She is way too immobile due to heavy lack of lateral movement and extremely high wind-up times, she is more or less a Training Dummy in PvP to other classes.
    (3) Make adjustments to her movements/skill charge speed to be viable in PvP.

ODB3698 likes this.
  10. Flex556

the jumping rock ability is trash. make it like zerkers and it will be decent. I use zerkers to jump to my ship etc all the time, pretty handy you cant do that with guardian because they go into fall animation. Fix it!
    I think the movement is decent ive seen a few decent pvp videos and it doesn't seem HORRIBLE. Some cancels would go a long way in pre form.
    I haven't tested awakened on test server at all so i cant say much to that effect. From what I can tell it seems a little more mobile. I feel like her shield/guard should have more of a roll if we will be so stationary, easier to setup our grab etc or something. Sometimes I feel like "shield up = grab me!"
    id just like some clever usage of the shield if we are so stationary. but its a fun class that I love to main.

overall attitude.

Too many skills have the same look/ not a big difference between them visually.

More intuitive flows

#30 Flex556, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    ODB3698 and Jena like this.
  11. Jena

I agree with these.

Flex556 likes this.