1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Guide] Underwater Ruins Expansion - Sycraia Ruins/Protty Caverns -

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jannanomana, May 9, 2019.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

[​IMG]
    >Official BDO News added!<

This Guide/Post includes Spoilers of the New Underwater Region that may break the economy, rerolls or Draught market.!!! If you dont want to get Spoilered, leave this thread ;)

Quicklink to this thread:
    tinyurl.com/BDOUnderwater

Overview:

The new Underwater Content contains 3 Zones who belongs to the Balenos Region.
    • Protty Cavern
    • Sycraia Ruins
    • Sycraia Forbidden Abyss Ruins (Eng. Translation not yet known)
    Each spot has a different difficulty. The Games Recommend AP is:
    • Protty Cavern 170 AP
    • Sycraia Ruins 230 AP
    • Sycraia Abyss Ruins 280 AP+
    However, the real Recommend AP is a bit higher, i tested all 3 spots and found a good comparison to already existing spots:

Protty Cavern:
    This spot feels like Centaurs, but with a higher mob density. Recommend AP to farm this spot efficient is 210 AP + (mostly 2 shot the mobs), You cant oneshot those mobs unless you have 250ap+ and buffs.

210 AP
    [​IMG]

230 AP
    [​IMG]

250 AP + Buffs
    [​IMG]

Sycraia Ruins:
    This spot feels like ~Manshaums, Recommend AP to farm this spot efficient is 250 AP, you will never oneshot those mobs not even with 265 AP and E buff.

230 AP + Buffs:
    [​IMG]

265 AP + e buff + buff
    [​IMG]

Sycraia Forbidden Abyss Ruins: IF YOU DIE INSIDE THIS DUNGEON AND DONT USE FAIRY REVIVE/TEAR/WITCH/WIZARD RESSURECT SPELL, YOU WILL SPAWN RACID ISLAND/NEAREST NODE!!! AND NEED A NEW KEY (All 5 FRAGMENTS)!
    This is the hardest spot in the entire game and still harder then upcooming content like Blackstar/Star Graves region. They hit like a truck, perma slow/cast/attackspeed slows you.
    You can only enter this dungeon if u farmed 5 Key Fragments in the other two Regions.
    Recommend AP to farm this Spot is 281+ AP with PEN Kutum (TET BlackStar+ for MOB AP), and minimum 340 DP (specially on classes who with only a few FGs/SAs)

The mob density is like "Sausans" at some spots, so be carefull what you pull! (18 mobs followed me)
    [​IMG]

As you see they hit like a truck and are tanky!

[​IMG]

Also, they permanent debuff your cast/attack speed!
    [​IMG]

Update: 281 AP and still takes ages :/
    https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiRichJamJebaited

So where are those spots? How to enter them?

Protty Cavern is located on Weita island
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sycraia Ruins is located north of Illiya
    To enter Sycraia Ruins you need to find the Underwater Entrance, you cant just swimm down randomly (a mysterious aura is protecting the ruins)

[​IMG]

The Entrances looks like this:
    [​IMG]

There 4 different entrys located underwater, one easy to find entry is the one i market here:
    (check for the NPC symbol in the water so you know where you have to dive and swim)

[​IMG]

Sycraia Forbidden Abyss Ruins:
    To enter this Special place you need to farm 5 Key fragments and combine them in your inventory to get a Warp Key, they drop in Sycraia Ruins and Protty Caverns (yes they drop in protty too)[​IMG]

If you have the Key fragment go to the altar and press "R", Be carefull if you leave the Dungeon you have to farm the 5 pieces to build the key again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drops/Loot:

Protty Cavern:
    2,1k Trashloot, Keys, Stone/essence to craft the new Draught, Rainbow Corall Ring
    [​IMG]

Sycraia Ruins:
    2,35k Trashloot,Keys, Stone/Essence for new Draught,Caphras, Gems, New items to interact with the new Scroll boss, Tungrade Ring

[​IMG]
    Took me ~3 hours to farm the 5 Key fragments, in 3 hours grinding i got also 13,6k trashloot, 6 Stones to craft Draught, a few blackstones and 4 Caphras stones. (Sadly no Shards or Fieldboss Stuff) [Keep in mind, i am a witch, other classes may perform better] {Manshaum Style-ish}

PSA: the information that you can only drop black shard in the 280 AP zone is outdated. -> SO you can farm Tunrgad rings without going to the 280 AP zone ever!
    [​IMG]

The New Draught/Elixier:

Can be crafted with Simple alchemy and the new Stone/Essence that drop in the underwater zones.
    [​IMG]

Knowledge:
    As already Written they belong to balenos region and you can get ecology knowledge of those mobs to increase your Maximum Energy by 3! (You need to kill mobs in Abyss ruins too)
    [​IMG]

Marnies:

Marnie is Great! How can i write a Guide without mentioning Marnie! :O

Both spots has 250 and 500 Marnie stones, the 250 Marnie stones i evaluated already in my Marnie stone guide ;) ->here
    [​IMG]

As you maybe noticed from Previous Images, Toshy is located on Weita Island (Next to Protty Cavern entrace) and north Illiya next to the Swimming Buff NPC.

Swimming Buff NPC?!:

This dude offers you a 5 minute Swimming Speed buff for 20 energy, so you can swimm from Illiya island to Sycraia Ruins even without a boat or Shark Costume ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other NPC's:
    All 3 Spots come with Severall NPC's that make your life easyer, so you dont need a Tent, Maids or other "pay 2 convenience" stuff.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can sell your trashloot directly to those NPC ;)

FAQ/Missinformations/Rumors:

• Heilang/Tamer Pet dies in the Underwater Region
    • You need Shark/Fish costume to enter the Ruins
    • You need Tent/Maids to enjoy the spots
    • If you logout in Abyss Ruins you are outside the zone
    • If you die/esc->escape you spawn in Velia (You spawn on Weita Island, Racid Island)
    • Female Jiggle Physics are not working Underwater
    • Its a savezone -> Be carefull people might attack your ships ;)
    • You have to fight while swimming like in GW2

#1 Jannanomana, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    tylon, Cascaden, Galatia and 10 others like this.
  2. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

are u guys hyped! 12 more days :3

3. Juméno

4. Rin Gremory

the trash at the 230ap spot is only worth 2.35k each? well talk about dead on arrival unless the red, black shards or tungrad rings drop like candy. Literally no point in grinding this over manshaums, aakman, hystria.

Patrik2991 likes this.
  5. Mido

Mido Archer 62 EU

Pro tip: you can probably move your character there and when the new spot is released, you will be already inside, without the need to farm the key pieces.

6. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

since you cant move to that point where the Warp Zone is its not possible. Yes you can logout at Sycraia ruins, cause u can enter that place already, but the Warp Zone you cannot, its BELOW the map.

7. Mido

Mido Archer 62 EU

Oof. RIP then.

8. Artorias_Dusk

Nice guide, thanks.

Jannanomana likes this.
  9. ash.

Did you do the tests on the Test server? If so, your judgement of the 280+ap area is totally wrong. The reason why you think you need 280+ Kutum ap is that you were only able to grind there with a Lvl 60 Character. The minimum requirement for that Area is Lvl 62. Those 2 levels make a huge difference in the dmg that you deal (because you are missing most of your attacks) and the damage you receive (bcs the monsters will just ignore your DP due to the higher level).

10. Juméno

Sounds legit.

11. Artorias_Dusk

So with lv62 its 280 nouver Ap or 261 Kutum?

12. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

280+ ap with Kutum and 340+ DP? That sounds insane. From what I have heard before it was 269 with Kutum/281 with nouver and over 320 DP.

I was planning to try it out with my 265ap/271aap/327dp with Kutum (277/283/316 with nouver). If the requirements are as insane as you state most geared players will stick to hystria. 280+ (or 281+ for the next bracket) with Kutum is 292 (or 293) with nouver. That requires some pen accessories (or level 20 caphras, or close to it, on a pen dande/Offin as even kzarka won’t get there).

13. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

level 60 witch 282 AP kutum feels still not good.

so just get your AP and DP as high as possible if u want to farm the spot ;)

If you only want the knowledge you obvious can go there with 200 AP and fight a few minutes ^^.

In the end everyone has to decide for him/herself when its fun.

For me i know i will not grind that area except for knowledge if i dont run 280 AP + pure blackstones, else its to stressfull there. specially if u dont have much dp.

14. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

Are your suggested requirements for witch based on your personal experience? I have a 62 witch for large scale, but usually do end game PvE on a mystic. From my experience, my mystic with the same AP can get almost twice the trash as my witch in hystria.

Basically, I guess my question is are the requirements you stated for witch? As witch is one of the worst end game grinding classes out there, if it is requirements for witch, the requirements for other classes will likely be lower.

15. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

yes its based on witch, still, every "recommend ap" we get from the game itself is only "When its doable" and not "When its oneshot/easymode".

the Recommend AP by the Game itself is 280 AP . so you should minimum get that. if not more/kutum.

Also we get blackstar soon, that also gives a BIG mob AP boost, also the new Draught has + 20 MOB ap. so with the right buffs you can do the spot for sure.

16. Kaalin

Excellent guide! Well done. And extremely excited to finally break past the 574 energy cap soon. (Only to be capped again shortly :P)

17. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

maybe this, and that witch scales **** at high ap.. no matter what, you still need much more AP then in Hystria and more AP then in Star Graves.

but right now i need to farm my gear and so again on test server, and then i can try again with caphras accuracy, (if i get the 5 keys)

Kaalin likes this.
  18. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

Loot/Drops updated! (1 Shard also drops in Protty Cavern)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#18 Jannanomana, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  19. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

I was happy to get to 281 nouver but 281 kutum... oh boy. Guess I will stick to hystria.

The whole key thing sound really annoying too. Basically if you want money you need to stay there 24/7 not doing nodewar.

20. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

PSA: the information that you can only drop black shard in the 280 AP zone is outdated. -> SO you can farm Tungrad rings without going to the 280 AP zone ever! (Red drops at protty/sycraia, black drops at sycraia)
    The 280 AP zone has Exactly the same drops as the 240 AP zone, only higher chance and better trashloot. But to get Tungrad rings, you dont have to enter abyss.

[​IMG]