1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Guild officers can still ban after todays patch

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Saranay, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Saranay

Hey all,
    we just tried in my guild and our officers can still ban other members despite the following being stated in the patch notes:
    "
    The rights for the following Guild positions were changed.

• The rights to ban Guild Members used to be given to Guild Officers or higher positions. These rights will now only be given to the Guild Master and Advisor.
    I already saw that the table shows they can ban, while the text directly says they cant.
    Now what is the plan for this????

2. CM Servantes

Community Manager

Hello @Saranay

You are totally right about this. The above line is wrong and therefore it has been deleted from patch notes.

Apologies for the confusion.

Saranay likes this.
  3. InisMona

Servantes, looks like Guild Officers still cannot set up Protection for other guild members. According Patch Notes they should have. Do you know something about that?

4. Taela

So basically, officers can just kick and ban an entire guild still if they choose to do so?

5. Corleonius

Yeah that's a real problem.
    That's why I suggest:
    deputy-officer:
    Someone that can do guildmissions, contracts for members, but not ban.

Saranay and Jaylah like this.
  6. Taela

I mean, why bother saying that an officer can't disband a guild if they can ban every single member except a fellow officer anyhow? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. A guild master should be able to appoint the abilities for each officer, not just have a blanket list apply to each single one.

Saranay likes this.
  7. Saranay

To get back to the topic of guild roles.
    I also would love as a guildleader to be able to apoint roles by myself.
    Give us 5 roles we can create (except normal, aprentice member and guildmaster, those can stay the way they are) and we can set the rights ourself.
    That would be finally an amazing system as I currently have to be carefull whenever I appoint someone new for the officer position.

I would also prefer if they would make the time for taking over someones guild 30 days instead of currently only 15 days.
    Whenever I go for a holiday I have to worry that any officer may take over the guild, and even if it is just to troll, one never knows.

Taela and Rubyvulpa like this.
  8. Rubyvulpa

This! It would be lovely to have the freedom to adjust the roles depending on the preferences of the guild.
    We currently have some who are officer just to take out guild boat, or take missions - being able to set custom perms would be lovely.
    (It is also a system that is in place in many mmorpg's and works out nice for those who need more customisation in the hierarchy).

Saranay and Taela like this.
  9. Vortexii

A simple permission check list already performs that task. You just check off what ability/permission a member has. Including the ability to set permissions for others. This is a basic 101 function in many software programs.

All that suggestion would do is essentially apply a template. Saving an template of auto set permissions wouldn't need a low limit like that either. Name them yourself. Very basic.

10. Rubyvulpa

Very basic indeed :x but somehow it's still not in BDO (and even if we'd get a version of this, they'd surely forget some parts of it, like the permission to set permissions as you mentioned kek).

11. Goyen

Goyen Warrior 61 NA

Make sure you know the person before you elevate him to such position if this is an issue for you.

Andaro likes this.