1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Screenshot Contest [Winners!]

Discussion in 'Events' started by Avalace, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Avalace

Kakao Games

[​IMG]

Greetings Adventurers,

Several guilds had fun in the summer sun! We are blown away from the summer-themed submissions to the Guild Screenshot Contest. Some of you even created hilarious and dramatic scenarios! The winners have been selected for the Guild Screenshot Contest! Congratulations to all the winners! Please check below to see who the lucky winners are. Full contest details can be found at this thread.

*Kakao staff will be reaching out to you directly. Remember, Kakao staff will never ask for your password.

The in-game prizes will be distributed in a few days.

Grand Prize Goes To:
    Prismatic Guild [EU]

This guild went above and beyond by creating a story/comic strip with their guild members!
    • First Place Prizes:
      • Special Guild Logo [Custom Designed by Kakao Games]
        • Please note when the winner is contacted additional information regarding some restrictions will be included.
      • 50 Million Silver in Guild Funds
      • 60,000 Guild Skill EXP
      • A Single Guild Skill Reset

[​IMG]

The guild Prismatic decided to take a fun trip to the Terrmian Waterpark. That started off with a little dance on the stage.

[​IMG]

After that little spin on the dance floor they went to rest at the fire. Someone started to tell stories and as you all know: With every good story, there has to be a good drink.

[​IMG]
    After everyone grabbed a cold dark beer they watched the soothing sea together. What a peaceful view it was.. Until.. a shark appeared at the beach and dragged one of the guild members into the water. (Maybe he was a little drunk..)

[​IMG]
    The Guild was furious! Our poor member! We need to save him! Who does the shark think he is, ruining our wonderful day here! The Guild started gathering and trying to fish the evil shark out of the ocean. Maybe the guild member can be saved.

[​IMG]
    Good that we have a guru fisher in our guild. He knows how to handle big fish. He caught the fish and saved the member who still was feeling well! Prismatic decided to take revenge and grilled the shark over an open fire.

[​IMG]
    The meal was served and everyone sat at the table to enjoy the sweet revenge they got.

[​IMG]
    After all bellies were filled the guild watched the sunset at the Terrmian Waterpark together. What started off as a relaxing day at the beach turned into an adventure. What an awesome day it was!

Remaining 29 Winners (In No Particular Order):

• Prizes:
      • 50 Million Silver in Guild Funds
      • 60,000 Guild Skill EXP
      • A Single Guild Skill Reset

Affect [NA]

BandaVandalica [EU]

Chaotic [NA]

Cwown [EU]

Demetori [EU]

DieVierWinde [EU]

Ebon_Nightmare [NA]

Echoes [EU]

Eclipsed [EU]

ExplorersGuild [EU]

FirstLight [NA]

Frontier [NA]

Impulsion [EU]

Intuition [NA]

Lanterne [EU]

Leviathan [EU]

LobosdeHierro [EU]

Nightfury [EU]

OjosDelDesierto [EU]

OSEF [EU]

PEWPEWPEW [NA]

Ragnarok [EU]

Silver Kestrels [NA]

Snake [NA]

Sojourn [NA]

TeaParti [EU]

TROPA [NA]

UPS [EU]

WaifuHunta [NA]

Emylee, Concubine, Kaomasen and 7 others like this.
  2. TheWolfish

Grats winners :)

psst can we get more channels for Savage Rift? thx

Ebba and Kaomasen like this.
  3. FluffyRanger

Hey my guild made it! :D

PEWPEWPEW for the win!

Avalace likes this.
  4. Piiper

@FluffyRanger You know you have bakinipanda in the chat on one of you pictures right?

Ephymera likes this.
  5. Caleene

Grats all!

Avalace likes this.
  6. Hansel123

Hansel123 Valkyrie EU

Well, congrats to the winners!

I'm gonna come across as a real salty loser here, but when half the winners are just group photos in front of a sand castle and multiple of the winners didn't even fulfill the requirements (10+ visible, picture in 1080p or higher), I can't help but feel a bit frustrated after putting so much effort into our submission.

I guess we should have just taken some bland group pictures at the water park, trying to be a little original didn't pay off. ;)

And I know, I'm a sore, salty loser and I shouldn't be posting this, just venting a little frustration. GG to the winners anyways!

7. Fredrica

To put it in the words of one of my guild mates: "RNG game has RNG competition" your screenshot is at least 50 times better than half of the entries that made it.

Ephymera and Hansel123 like this.
  8. Qur

Qur

Hansel your guild is cool and the pic is nice but that self char is ugly af, and the selfie framing is ruining the scene tbh

9. Fredrica

Please, do I have to remind you that this http://i.imgur.com/5PNZpt7.jpg actually unironically won? Sorry but some of the entries are subpar in quality and look like they were picked out by a random number generator. I'd pick the other guys screenshot a million times in a row over this example.

Kathrin and Aodhgan like this.
  10. Domekun

What a joke of a contest, if you don't want to stick to any rules, then you probably shouldn't act like there are any :O ???

Kathrin likes this.
  11. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 58 NA

Congrats winners!

Avalace likes this.
  12. Ziimt

Ziimt 60 EU

We feel very honored beeing choosen as first place :)
    Congrats to everyone
    :)

13. Joe La Brute

Thanks a lot for this event ! ^^

Avalace likes this.
  14. Kathrin

So, look generic and be uncreative to win? Well, this contest seems like it was picked out by the beloved RNG.

Domekun likes this.
  15. Aastrid

Congratulations to everyone!

Yay we were a runner up! ExplorersGuild:)

And @Ziimt love all of your pictures! <3

#15 Aastrid, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Avalace, Ziimt and Amarenda like this.
  16. Ephymera

Oh look, that's our pic lol

FYI that pic was submitted with other four, as you can see in the original post
    the one linked here is just the first in order and Facebook is not famous for the high quality of its images upload, isn'it?
    Our screenshots are wonderful, we put efforts in making them and had a great time spent in the photoshooting ♥
    I really shouldn't let my GM know you disliked his pic, that cannon didn't came to the waterfall all alone you know?

I can understand frustrations and disappointments, I've often participated in contests like this and never won anything, but it never even came to my mind to get out in public and complain about results
    it's useless and also a bit "poisoning" for a funny contest and thread like this
    btw, maybe some entries weren't choosen because contest requirements said "summer themed", and trying to be "original" it's often very close with "beeing out of topic"

Big grats to the winners and all the participants :)
    we were thinking about the idea of making a story too
    but we ended up spending hours just to decide the right locations lol

ps. @Fredrica, can I kindly ask you the name of your guild? (:
    i'd really like to see your entry for the contest

#16 Ephymera, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Startrix29 and Amarenda like this.
  17. Jasajin

Good that we have a guru fisher in OUR guild. He knows how to handle big fish. He caught the fish and saved the member who still was feeling well! Prismatic decided to take revenge and grilled the shark over an open fire.

Ruh roh. Someone have a gm in their guild?

18. Tergar

Tergar Witch 58 EU

Congratulations to the winners! :)
    But... So picture contest was won because of the story? :D You should have mentioned that the text you submitted with the pics actually was counted as well - I mean I see a LOT of fun stories unfolding in other pics people just never thought to post them with text because it is a PICTURE contest... So we expected it to be judged on picture quality/composition/originality/theme and so on...
    And it turns out that the pictures where not the important part... A bit misleading if you ask me :)

Catnip likes this.
  19. Hansel123

Hansel123 Valkyrie EU

I mean, when some of the winners literally broke the contest rule and couldn't even stick to simple requirements, it just goes to show how little effort went into both the submission and the selection of the winners. Now if you in return put effort into your submission and you lose out to at least six winners who should be disqualified, then it's obviously gonna be frustrating.

And as cool as Prismatic's submission is, @Tergar and your have a point about the story.

Now I know that trying to be original is close to "being out of topic", but it was specifically mentioned that the picture didn't have to be taken at the water park, and I feel like it wasn't even realized that everyone in our pictures was actually a player and no NPCs. But oh well, it's not like they are gonna read this or give feedback, so you are right, it's "useless" and I'm just wasting my time here. ;)

Ephymera likes this.
  20. DarkBever

I really don't care about this screenshot contest but:
    You are right.

There was some house screenshot event weeks ago where like half of the winners didn't even followed the rules but still won. lul