1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Screenshot Contest [Winners!]

Discussion in 'Events' started by Avalace, Aug 31, 2017.

1. RoMeks

Congrats to everyone ! Good to see we are there aswell :D

Avalace likes this.
  2. FluffyQuack

Yay, congrats to the winning peoples!

Avalace likes this.
  3. Reitia

Congrats to all winners!

Avalace likes this.
  4. Karizma

Not sure how some off these won + i thought the photos have to be unedited
    But congrats to the people who did win :P

5. Ranyer

Ranyer Ranger 61 EU

Thanks for this Event * - *

LogoVierWinde23.png

Avalace and Kaomasen like this.
  6. Karizma

Yeah haha rng competition thats great i like that xdD and i agree i really liked theirs too

7. Ledo

My guild only spend like an hour making screenshots. If we would have lost to your picture I wouldn't even be surpised, I would even dare say those pics are one of the best I've seen in the game so far.
    Really shows once again they don't give a flying f***
    Also.....5 pets when ffs?!

Hansel123 likes this.
  8. Concubine

The order would be alphabetical.

Avalace likes this.
  9. Quapsel

another OSEF snipe gone through:)

gz to all winners.

Avalace likes this.
  10. FluffyRanger

Yeah.

11. Shyany

Shyany Stouthearted Ranger 60 EU

YAY we made it - Echoes!

Thank you for the Event, we spent great time together in Termian park for the last time.

Congratz to Prismatic, so so cool idea with SHARK story, and of course nice screens!

Avalace and Ziimt like this.
  12. SoulRemix

Our guild didn't win? :/ I guess going all the way to Sausan Beach and bringing our guildship over, to film with Elte on the beach didn't pay out. Next time I'll just do the mainstream sh*t and stick to Waterpark if that's what you want. <_<
    Gratz to all the winners regardless! ~ I enjoyed the pics^^

Hansel123 likes this.
  13. Domekun

Yeah, someone in the Kakao team said you don't have to be in waterpark, but there clearly was some miscommunication if they decided to have guilds with pictures too low res to even qualify according to the initial post as winners.

SoulRemix likes this.
  14. Avalace

Kakao Games

Hey everyone!

We had a number of players contact us to clarify what "summer-themed" means on the first day of the contest. As a result, we updated the rules on the original contest post as well as the Facebook announcement post. Summer theme can mean the location (such as Terrmian Waterpark or any beach) or the summer outfits (Marine/Epheria/Terrminé Armor/Kibelius/Splat Fisher's Clothes Set/Da-Dum Da-Dum Diving Suit Set) worn by the guild. These are just examples. We were a little lenient on resolution and quality, but keep in mind that Twitter and Facebook compress images and then imgur compresses them even further when uploading there.

Internally, we were looking for unity in the guild by either all posing a certain way, timing positions just right (such as the fishing for sharks screenshot by Prismatic), or wearing outfits of a similar summer-theme type (such as the golden sharks line up by Ragnarok). Prismatic went above and beyond by creating story scenes or like a comic strip in their pictures (not just the caption). Positioning/perspective of the screenshot angle and time of day/lighting was also considered. Feel free to use these as tips for future screenshot contests! ;)

Congratulations to all winners! :) I look forward to seeing you all in the next contest!

Kaomasen, Ranyer and Ephymera like this.
  15. Domekun

Would've been nice to see originality rewarded over just announcing any guild that stands or crouches in a row at water park a winner, no matter the resolution, filter(gray filter, wtf?) or outfits.

16. Joe La Brute

@Quapsel We will snipe all the thermian park XD

17. daphnii

" creating some story . Positioning / perspective " . As i can see there some plenty boring picture in there in the winners list . Some of them looks like they are having a " CLASS PICTURE " in school . no effort .

18. Venttall

Here is some food for thought. My Guild (Intuition), Where i am getting walked of the plank by two Valks. Took like Thirty or Forty screenshots that day. We wanted to come up with something unique, the point of taking photo's like this is so it tells a story. When you look at some of these pictures its not the quality, its the story. We had to crop our photo because the one who took it has a higher resolution then the one requested. And i admit some pictures are just a Guild sitting by a sandcastle or all standing next to one another. You have to keep in mind it was just a silly contest meant for the Guilds. Also we attempted to take our photos outside of Terrmian Water Park. It just didn't fit with the summer theme.

19. Tergar

Tergar Witch 58 EU

Actually they requested the minimum resolution so you did not have to chop anything - larger was fine :) And you did a great job on that one - it's one of the pictures that does tell a story IN THE PICTURE not in text below and I like that a lot - if story is what they wanted it should have been done this way.
    Any text should have been disregarded period... And as much as I like and respect the winners I did not see any "story" when I just looked at the pictures... It took reading the main post text and THAN reading the transcripts under pics to actually figure out that there was supposed to be one...
    I've seen a few pictures here I'd really understand loosing to but I did not expect that people standing in line or sitting on a couch would be one :D
    Just my two cents, and I really hope I'm not upsetting anyone - everyone here did a good job by getting together to do this :)

Edit:

Just for fun - my personal favorites :D So many people put effort in to this that I feel it deserves extra comment :) I may not be the prize comity but I do like to applaud good work :) And I'm excluding our own guild because I wold not be able to be fair if I did not :D

"Guild Unity"

Affect [NA] - They managed to get THIS many people to show up and do something for the contest - to me it says volumes that everyone went and did it, it may be a simple sitting on a sandcastle pic but you can't really coordinate anything more complex with this many people.

Silver Kestrels [NA] - getting everyone to dye their outfits and natch them up with the guild name is a cool idea and shows a lot of coordination and cooperation.

Ragnarok [EU] - Taking matching outfits to all new level :D

"Story and creativity"

Intuition [NA] - Makes you kind of curious what happened there and what did the guy do? :D

Leviathan [EU] - Nice shark defense! :D

Impulsion [EU] - Hmmm... Was it a bar fight or do they just reeeealy know how to party? :D

"Summer Theme"

BandaVandalica [EU]

Nightfury [EU]

Echoes [EU]

All three just make me think "summer" when I see them :)

"Fun Factor"

OSEF [EU]

TeaParti [EU]

Cwown [EU]

Pictures that make me think "summer fun" and silly beach adventures basically :D

#39 Tergar, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  20. Doxen

I don't think I'll be seeing you next contest. This contest was just like some enteries I have seen, low quality.

Fredrica likes this.