1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild stolen by officer, anything we can do?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Squall Leonhart, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:55 AM.

1. Squall Leonhart

So, our GM was inactive for too long, and we had an officer snipe the guild and demote all the current officers, kick a few people to. Our original GM still wants to be active, but was taking a bit of a break. Is this something support could/would help with? Is it worth messaging them?

2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

So was it too long or a little?

If he/she wanted to take a significant break, he/she should have appointed somebody else he trusts as a GM, because what is the point of GM if he/she is offline for too long?

And yes, sure.. Message them, I mean what do you have to loose?

flukeSG2 likes this.
  3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

The rules are clear. Doubt GM will do anything about it but give them a try anyway. guild GM should have appointed someone instead of just disappearing like that.

Averdun, flukeSG2 and Rilok like this.
  4. Corsix

yup they wont do anything. they dont care about this type of thing. count ALL the guilds that are dead with 1-2 members and havent logged in for months/years with DECENT names that cant be remade into actual guilds because someone has the guild name.

zhagsten likes this.
  5. TIT/\N

most cases pa wont do anything about it sorry bud but shoulda passed gm even if it takes half your guild funds

6. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

if an officer "sniped" the guild while the leader is away for a while...the guild had other problems to begin with, lol

Mr Deap, Andaro, Averdun and 3 others like this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Actually, another problem lies, with the fact..Its literally just a button click to wrench power from inactive leadership. There is no "are you sure" warning box....after 30 days if the guild leaders gone, Any officer can log-in, say hey its a new button, then Click, they are the new guildmaster. And they are then stuck in the guild, since there is no appoint AFK member option available...Which by itself is its own punishment. And Guild leaders cant leave guilds for some reason.

The only ways to give up power, is to disband, be inactive for 30 days. Then hope someone logs in an takes the seat from you, before you log back in and reset the 30 day inactive clock...At which point usually a guild disband takes effect.

Or condemn your self, to BDO PvPless hell. And actually try an run a guild in this environment.

Yes. I agree, there should be a support option.

zeezero and Squall Leonhart like this.
  8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Nice guild if leader went offline for 15days.

9. zhagsten

Some people take vacations longer than a week-end. But yeah, they are awful people. Vacation money should be given to Pearl Abyss.

Columba likes this.
  10. zeezero

I had the same issue. saw the highlighted button. clicked it expecting it to say are you sure, but blam I was guild master.
    In my case I was the one who asked to be removed. They only remove the owner of the guild but leave the guild in a state for any guild member to take it over at that point. I had to coordinate a time with the original guild master so I was removed and they took ownership back immediately.
    Honestly their guild support options are total crap.
    In absolute best case, they might be able to remove the guild master, but he could just take it again immediately after.

11. Debra

30 days without a leader is a very long time, that's why this option exists in the first place. A guild can not really function that long without a leader.

If the guild master had to be gone that long, they should have known this an appointed someone temporarily.

Also, what is the point of reversing this if the guild master is still offline?

Wodahs likes this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

"Also, what is the point of reversing this if the guild master is still offline?"
    Cause you want to leave the guild after taking control, and there is no method to do so...A guild leader cant appoint people guild leader..there is only one way to xfer the title. Guild leaders cant leave the guild either..so they too are stuck.

13. crosspath

An officer can "snipe" the guild if the GM is absent for SEVEN DAYS, and after 15 any guild member can...

So basically if you are a GM you can't have even a 7 days holiday.

I would demote all officers and go on holidays, if anyone unhappy they know where the door is...

System is stupid, like most the things these guys "think". 7 days or 15...

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Regular members can not take over a guild. It was originally officers could take it over after 30 days, but it was reduced to 15 and it never changed for regular members.

15. Mkate

Nope. Leave the guild and start over. Only put people you trust in leadership positions. Perhaps pick a better GM as well, I get taking breaks i do, but i also tell my guildies... I've ran my guild(in bdo) for a 1.5 years, and ran other guilds for quite a few years and not once have i ever failed to inform my guild that i was going to be inactive, nor have i ever not put an officer i trust in charge.

16. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

This is the real trick. They recently shortened the time needed to take guild leader.

There's nothing that can be done. There's no remedy for it. Even if the old guild leader writes in and says that's not what he wanted and he said he was ambushed by penguins in Antarctica, and lost his internet connection, they wouldn't help.

In the end, officer need to know the mechanics of these things, and watch the timers. If the window is open, the active officers need to take action. It sucks for the guild bank, but if you can't completely trust your officer core, what else would you do?

17. Debra

Good to know, I really thought it was 30 days, why in the world did they even change that

18. crosspath

Changes not written in patch notes? Seriously...

What about if a guild have no officers? I am sure that some months ago was 7 days for officers and 30 for everyone else...

Make everyone regular member if you go on holidays... No other way... Saw too many thefts from guilds in many many different games... People can fake for months...

19. Debra

I am not a guild master so I do not pay specific attention to those patch notes, I think 30 days was reasonable. Also consider some of these "thieves" might actually have been trying to help the guild. Going on vacation is a lot different from going AWOL and not letting your guild know your plans to come back or not.

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I'll be honest I don't even think it's 15 days for an officer I still think it's 30 days but I have no way to confirm that for myself any longer. I do know there is no way for a normal member to take over as I've had this very discussion on the forum before when that suggestion was put forth and they waited the 30 days to no avail. Some reason that wrong information has always been floating about.

I'd say send in a ticket when in doubt, explain the situation and hope for the best.