1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harassment with PVP mode

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Jul 6, 2019.

1. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

This is infact a perfect method in hyst or sycraia. I remember it still to this day, this bouncy sorc just started grinding ontop of me, and i flagged to do stiff cc where he died to mobs. Inbetween i deflagged when he tried to chase me. A few repetitions and risk on his part he ended up leaving. The karmabombers only speak one language.

Kauni likes this.
  2. NoisyBoy

Im not saying anything about you or things idk, but ive seen more tha id like people making me flag and refusing duels and then chasing me letting themselves die. When you are about to get negative they start pvping... Its a joke

3. Maginha

Another 30 braincells down the drain... Ty op..

4. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

OP im afraid this time you just have to admit not knowing one of the most basic game mechanics and leave it at that.

5. Xiawa

I alt +c every day in BDO ... wait ... what it has a cooldown to toogle it off? how about just keep it active?

6. fenzz

ALT+C dosent have a cooldown to toogle off. you can toogle at on and off at will. the ICON that flags you for pvp after you've ALT+C and hit a player stays for a minute or so regardless if you toogle alt+c on or off.

think of it as a debuff that refreshes every time you hit someone with alt+c and has a 1 minute duration.

7. Kuts2

Not sure if someone already pointed this out, but if you get into combat with a player while PVP flagged (meaning you get the little karma bump for attacking them and your icon goes from the little "splat" looking thing to crossed swords) - even if you drop alt+C, the game waits until you drop out of combat to drop your PVP flag. It's long enough to retaliate (like a minute)

8. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 62 EU

litherally the post above yours, and a few more times :)

9. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

What a cluster foxtrot of a post.

10. Kuts2

I just assumed thread is full of cancer.

11. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

My face hurts. Why did I read this.

12. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

I'd like to see a 5 minute timer on the pvp flag too. Noone "forces" you to flag up, so it's entirely your choice and you should be prepared for the other person to try and fight back, without having the need to flag up themselves, since you started the whole thing in the first place.

13. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

The timer is literally long enough for you to fight back....
    And if you want revenge for a kill yes you should lose Karma. If someone flags on you you can defend yourself and kill them without loosing Karma so what is the issue.

NoisyBoy and Myntiix like this.
  14. 2Cents

Your talk is cheap and you got busted for not knowing how it works. Just own up to it instead of digging a deeper hole. You are trying to claim it's unfair because they just toggle, but if they hit you, you own them? You demand a timer which already exists. You claim they toggle off, but again they CAN'T DO that after they actually attack you. In which case it wouldn't matter since you own them anyway.

You then state if it was up to you there would be a 30 minute timer. Which again ALREADY EXISTS. It's been in the game for a long time. You also have the option to perma flag these people that you own all the time.

Lets dumb it down on more layer.
    • What some sore losers do is instead of getting face stomped by me, they start doing the flag up, CC me while I am in the middle of a pack, then run away.
    You mean instead of using a losing tactic they use a winning tactic?

15. Factorial

Do you know what's really cheap? Flagging on someone, CC them, damage them, run, then unflag. That's a harassment tool used so that someone could die to PVE mobs.

I am not sure how to make this any more lucid. I don't use AltC. As such, I don't know the full mechanics behind it. I have stated that several times already. It's been explained and I accept that. I was wrong in my initial assertion, but I learned and moved on.

Now, I can only go with my experience. Most people who attack me quickly ***** their pants because I beat them. As such, instead of flagging up and fighting it out, they resort to cheap tricks. You call those cheap tricks "winning tactics" however. So are you one of those douchebags that I have to deal with every so often?

This demonstrates you know exactly the situation I am talking about. You know people who flag up, run, then unflag to harass others. So why are you burying your head in the sand about it? Are you just being willfully ignorant or are you just plain old stupid? Which is it?

You call it a winning tactic, I see it as a ***** move. You and I both know it.

16. 2Cents

MMO PVP has always been a complete trash grief fest. It's designed for adolescent kids not adults. A large majority of the player base doesn't give a piss about the game at all. If allowed to do so a vast majority of players would simply cheat at every aspect. You should always remember just how scummy the community really is. The larger gaming companies have to ban players by the 100,000's in a single Ban Wave.

So why would you expect any honor or fairness in PVP. I'll let you in on a little secret COMPETITIVE PLAYERS DON'T PLAY MMORPGS FOR PVP.
    I'll let you in on another secret BDO is so poorly designed the PVP will always be complete trash.

What did you expect from developers that put Matchlocks in a instance? You should expect them to allow
    • Opening Move - Grab - Instant WIN
    That's how pathetic BDO really is. So don't ever credit yourself for any of your wins either.

Factorial likes this.
  17. Factorial

PvP really isn't my thing.

If a greater skilled player goes up against me and we have equal gear, that greater skilled player will probably win every time. I only care about my money/hour, plain and simple. That's how I get geared up.

The thing about BDO is that skill can only get you so far. At the end of the day, it's all about what gear you have. I got lucky there.

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

That's not cheap. That's literally the only defense left vs people who run into your rotation just to annoy you.
    Would we like a better solution? Yes. Do we have one? No.

It's not even an issue. There are way bigger issues that need a solution.

19. 2Cents

BDO players don't seem to understand what PVP is. At least in a game like Lineage II it made a lot more sense. When you forcefully kill another player there is a huge penalty for doing so to both players. In BDO you can PK others with relative immunity. Having positive Karma really institutes a lot more griefing. If you where RED for ANY PK there would be a lot less random killings.

That is now distorted in BDO since the death penalty was removed. The game is left in a state of Limbo.

One important distinction is players did not kill each other for grinding location in Lineage II. It was nearly impossible as you had to run away when red or keep accumulating karma. (Which was nearly infinite no -1m cap). That meant players killed each other with meaning and consequence.

That is where BDO's shallow PVP falls apart. Instead of real meaningful fights, players are pitted against each other for petty resources.

Most BDO fights are due to the Developers defective design which doesn't allow enough space to accommodate it's player base.

20. Columba

I use Elion’s tears when I am ganked precisely because I can keep them flagged. Pop tear, chase them down, hit them and keep the, fighting. I am like snot. I just stick to the attacker.