1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have people seen pet exchange rates?!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Vanadiel

I really wish they would get rid of this completely and simply make the level of the pet count for something.

But we all know the only reason they have this T1-T4 pet exchange system is to get more money from additional pet purchases.
    I mean, there is absolutely no reason to have this system in place.
    I find it unfortunate they choose to have this system in place.

2. Andaro

of course it is in place to make money. They have to generate revenue....what you think pays the bills? It sure ain't the sheep you sheer.

I will admit that I am not a fan of "compound items" in cash shops, and generally I frown upon them, but, then again I also have a dozen + pets ....*shrugs*

3. Vanadiel

I have a lot of pets myself. I just think that they monetized the pet system a bit too much.
    It is one thing to exchange pets for a higher level tier, it is another thing to have a random success rate for that.
    You could end up with the loss of a whole bunch of pets before you end up with a T4, while other times you might only have to sacrifice a few.

At a minimum they should get rid of the random fail rate.

4. Andaro

For this particular system, I would agree.
    Perhaps a compromise could be reached?
    Remove the possibility of a lower tier (randomness) but keep the randomness of the skills.
    Introduce a skill "re-roll" or "deletion" coupon, so you can re-roll that pets skills.
    If I were a dev, I would agree to that. It's reasonable and still accomplishes the cash goal.

5. Vanadiel

That and they introduced (I think 2 patch cycles ago), a new grouping systems for pets.
    You can now assign pets to groups and take that group out with 1 click of a button, which is really handy if you have + gather, + fishing, + combat xp pets and you want to group them based on those stats.

For those like myself with a whole bunch of pets to pick from, and a whole bunch of bonuses, it is a really nice system.
    But unless you are willing to play the pet roulette and spend a bunch of cash, this system will not do too much for you since you will not have enough pets to pick from.

6. Andaro

Yes, that is an awesome new feature, i use it for just that purpose....Combat / Gather / Knowledge

-_- i just bought 2 griffons....Abra & Cadabra, which means i'm going to have to buy two more to roll their tiers and keep them as a couple -_-

7. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 60 NA

I know this is slightly swerving off topic a little bit, but.. I have to ask now that I see the picture with the groundhog named Prick.. How many of you all out there have a groundhog pet named Prick, or is at least some part of the name? lol

*raises hand slowly....*

*shamelessly....*