1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you noticed any RBF changes? Heres why...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by -----got, Jul 6, 2020.

1. -----got

For people with around 254AP 309DP or people who enjoy testing trial characters in RBF, have you noticed that you don't do damage anymore in RBF? Yup, its the new RBF change folks. After 4 years of crying to the devs to improve RBF, first we got a new door, then a few obstacles moved around, and now increased DR for everyone, lmao. Obviously the people who this hurts the most are people with around soft-cap gear. As if it wasn't already difficult enough to participate in RBF because its riddled with overgeared monkeys, P.A realized that there were a few of us with mediocre gear who still managed to have fun and said how dare they have fun and are now forcing us to either swipe or **** off, lmao. I can't anymore.... I just can't deal with this dog **** of a company anymore. Nothing they do makes sense... nothing.

2. Wrapped In Plastic

Uhh you know the DR change hasn't been implemented yet right? Most players feel the exact opposite of your complaints. Everyone is absurdly squishy and being blown up in a skill or two. RBF has a very high GS avg and unfortunately players with lesser gear such as yourself are going to struggle.

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Its only effect Velia4 RBF! trust me,on ve5-6 everything is good!, just don't join Velia4 RBF.

4. Amirite

Man, now everyone want's to join Vel.4..........

5. Vortexii

WRONG GAME.

Go play Shadow Arena, it's created just for U.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

[​IMG]

nhf, but... some people arent scratched with 293 ap and people with 360 dp evaporate in a skill or two in rbf.

7. LightningFFXIII-4

Softcap is 620 GS for PVP at a minimum.

If your below that, expect to get farmed in Velia 4 RBF.

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You have no clue what softcap means.

Skol600ml likes this.
  9. LightningFFXIII-4

Softcap = minimum GS you need to competently PVP against top geared players.

Hardcap = Full PEN, the only thing you can upgrade is Caphras levels.

Maxed out = Full PEN all C20.

If you think softcap is still Full TET Boss gear with TRI Yellow Acc then you must still be stuck in 2018.

10. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

I’m so glad I’ve had you in ignore for over a year now. The nonsense you spew.. ffs man.
    Softcap =/= average gearscore.
    As long as success chances on enhancing doesn’t change, it will always be tet armors/weapons and TRI yellow. idc about marketplace or whatever else. As long as enhancing stays the same, so does softcap.

#10 Nagasaki, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  11. AtomicPotato

That's a losers logic. Can't win in lottery (enchanting) ? try participate first, and if you really unlucky, just buy items (just like me). BDO provide lots of way to get money via in game mechanics ( not by spending $ on cash shop as forum "believe"), TET accessories is really cheap, PEN armor/weapon in stock on MP and 20bil per piece its 2-3 month of casual gameplay.
    But no, crying about p2w while do nothing, or spending ~40bils trying to enchant 1 item and failing (while you can buy 2 for same money) - its what BDO forum does.

12. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

It’s not about buying.
    The items you buy are enhanced by someone too, right. Someone HAS TO MAKE THOSE TET’s and PEN’s.
    Again, as long as enhancing success rate hasn’t changed, neither will softcap.

Just because you want softcap to mean something else than it does, doesn’t change it.
    Again, softcap =/= average gearscore.
    Average gearscore = average gearscore.

The topic right now was softcap. Yet here you are making it about p2w or people crying about p2w again.

#12 Nagasaki, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2020
  13. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Yeah you have no clue.

Softcap = Gearscore at which your progression hits a "soft cap" and slows down relative to the money you spent before to gain stats.'
    1 AP costed you 1B before and now costs 3B? Congratz! You hit a softcap!

Hardcap = Gearscore at which you can not progress anymore no matter how much money you invest.

#13 Ned Sheynji, Jul 7, 2020
    Smileybones, Skol600ml and Peisinoe like this.
  14. AtomicPotato

Enchanting chances very subjective mater and every player have very unique personal luck ( just blame universe and stars for that), its incorrectly to blame enchanting chances in capping progress, you can buy gear from more lucky players than you, nothing wrong with that.

This topic about someone with ~560 GS complain he performing very bad at RBF, place where 660GS count as "average".

And its not me who trying to turn any threads in "p2w" direction, i'm exactly opposite of that crap and saying its every time - play the ****** game, you don't need to pay money to progress. But its always turning out that "forum warriors" ( who refused to provide more information about their progress) always say that you must be RNG carrier or whale to progress further than TET&TRI gear.

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Thanks for proving you have no clue about what being soft capped means.

You aren't more knowledgeable about hard cap either: case in point, if full PEN has room for progression then it's not a hard cap by definition.

Sigh.

#15 Smileybones, Jul 7, 2020
    Peisinoe likes this.
  16. RandomHajile

rip softcap. Trash AF. haha.

WE TRIED. Honestly I think TET acc/PEN wep can kinda be soft cap. You still get BIG GAINS. Like say a cres is 14ap tri... 1.2b atm. Cres tet is 6b 17ap. Same w/ like ogre. You can even sell your old ogre to pay for a TET. Those AP gains are substantial because of how close the brackets are there, imo. And it's like if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball, if you can make 1.2b you can make 6b. Esp considering you got the 1.2b stuff equipped now.

This from someone who is tet/tri soft cap and thinking about tet accessories and mbe a pen mainhand. I am more of a life skiller tho. I accept I'll be undergeared tho even if I do that, so is it worth, hmm.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

People are just confused between softcaps which reliy on enhancement rates weighted by costs of production/acquisition and average gear score of siege players.

The former hasn't changed in years while the latter has.

18. Skol600ml

The guy said you don't know what softcap is and your need to shove in his face that he is right.