1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Hedgehog Gift for Steam

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ReturnPolicy, Mar 30, 2019.

1. ReturnPolicy

Hello, I started playing BDO last week and fell in love and have been doing my best to get good gear and stuff. I found out through guild mates that if you gift the game to other players you can get a Hedgehog. So I bought my friends the game on Steam. I bought 1 friend the Best pack on there and the other I bought the base game. I also upgraded my base game to the best pack they have on Steam because I thought it was cool that a developer would offer a reward for getting your friends the game too.1 of my friends has already reached level 30 and I haven't been given the Hedgehog pet yet? I was wondering where do I find it because I checked the Pearl Shop, My messages, and the "Redeem" section in game and my email and everything and I cant seem to find it anywhere. I've been looking up how to find it and i came across 1 video on youtube that says Steam users aren't given this option like all the other players not on steam get which is starting to worry me because that was the main factor to even buying the extra games for my friends who only really play casually and aren't 100% into the game.

2. Megta

Megta Archer EU

You only get the hedgehog if you buy the gift package, which is not available on steam.
    You can only buy the gift package if you have bought the game on the website. https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/package

3. ReturnPolicy

They say that both the main client and the Steam version are Identical on the Steam version though. Its under the Customer FAQ page on steam. they say they are both Identical.

4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Unfortunately the hedghog from the gift pass system is not available to Steam users as far as I remember.
    This is because you have to purchase a copy of the game on the website, which gives you a code associated with your website account....that code you give to someone else, and once they hit level 30, your account receives a hedgehog coupon on the website.

Steam users typically have to wait until there is a sale in the pearl shop in which a hedgehog pet is in the shop.

5. Megta

Megta Archer EU

The client is identical, but you can't login trough the main client and website users can't login with the steam client.
    Steam usere have to buy kakao cash with steam and website useres need to buy it on the website.

And to your problem, you have to buy a "gift pasckage" to get a hedgehog and the gift package is not available on steam.
    The gift package is not can be seen here https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/package (scroll down, it's under the 3 main packages)

6. ReturnPolicy

So how would I get my money back then for the games I purchased for other people? Steam denied my refund request. Legit only bought them because I thought I was getting the pet by gifting them the game.

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Because those transactions are handled through steam, you will have to take that up with their billing department.

8. Kagamine Rin

I want to be able to buy the gift package for people but like allot of other people, i keep running in the issue of having it bought on steam after i read the false statement that both steam and site version would be identical.

I have the game for a long time now and i love the game but the fact that site bought accounts have more options available and the fact that i already have had multiple times in the past where steam accounts where not able to get in the game while site accounts where is nothing but frustrating.
    I contacted costumer support before about this and how i want to have my steam account now linked to a website account since there are indeed good reasons for me to request this, but the reply was just a message others also have gotten before, namely, stating that this is something that could not be done.

This is not true. There have been people who got the exact same reply but after continuing to send the request they actually did get their steam account un-linked from steam and linked to the website.

What i would like now, is to either get 100% the same services and options for my steam account as i would have gotten if i bought it on the website, or i want my account type changed from steam account to website account (and seeing how steam users have had to deal with connection issues that regular users didn't, i would prefer the last)

I do not feel like going trough what others have and having to send costumer support tickets every day, taking up allot of both my time and the time of your employee's, which is why i'm asking it here now.

*Edit* Not to be 100% negative of course. Like i said, i have enjoyed playing it for so many hours and i see allot of people giving you guys a hard time where you definitely do not always deserve it. This is just a thing that has been bothering me allot. i meet allot of people who play games both in life as online and i would love to use the gift package to get them into the game aswell. its not only steam users like me that miss out on this, but if people on steam are able to use a gift package with the same adventages as the normal site, it would also mean allot more sales and more players for the game for you guys.

#8 Kagamine Rin, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    OrganicMilk likes this.
  9. GM Endlaive

Game Master

Hello there!

Here at Kakao Games, we have ultimate control over website-based guest passes and we have introduced the 'No More Soloing' program some time ago. Unfortunately, we do not have the same level of control over the Steam account system, and because of that, we currently do not have a referral program through Steam. This means that while you can purchase the game for your friends on steam, it is not tied to the 'No More Soloing' program which is only offered to web based accounts and tied to rewards.

You might not be able to refund the gifted games on steam, if your friends have already accessed the account. As @Andaro has explained, Steam refund rules apply.

As the Knowledge Base article details:

However:

I am afraid that you may have gotten this confused with linking your account to the website, sadly this a completely different feature.

As a Steam user you can't log into the website, but all the information the account page there provides to web based users you will find in your library.

@Kagamine Rin
    I am sorry, but you are misinformed we are simply unable to offer such service. The only possible situation is that the player asked us to delete the Steam BDO account for them to then be able to use the email on the website. Furthermore, we do offer to un-link an account from Facebook login if the owner wishes to. However, this only converts the log in type from using Facebook to logging in with email and password. Such procedure only works one way, therefore they will be unable to re-link it back to Facebook.

I hope I was able to clarify any confusion, please feel free to ask us any other questions.

10. Kagamine Rin

Thank you for the fast reply. I am doing a quick search but i cant remember where the posts of the people are who have actually had done this change in the past. (there where more then one person who told they had it done for them and the stories did seem legit)

I did find a reply from a gm to a player who also wanted to switch platform and also got told it was not possible, but he claimed you where monitoring the demand for it, here is the reply from GM Horizon posted on may 28, 2018:

"Unfortunately, account transfers are not possible between the Steam and Web version, in both a Steam -> Web and Web -> Steam fashion. That said, we are monitoring the demand for such a system, although there is currently no plan of implementing one."

(source: https://community.blackdesertonline...switch-account-over-from-steam-to-bdo.209868/ )

This was one year ago, and i know allot of people who want to get rid of steam and just use the website. just read the replies when people ask if they should buy it on steam or on your website, and the way people feel bad for those who already bought it trough steam. The demand is there. It has been there all this time now. Not just for the gift package but also for the fact that steam users have ran into trouble in the past with updates. I am really hoping this will be looked at and maybe this system can finally be made (better late then never right :) )

In the mean time, to fix the gift package issue for steam players, it could be an idea to allow steam players to access the page where you buy the package and the gift package page, so we can get the code to give to friends for them to redeem the game (trough the website of-course) and get the reward trough either the get coupon button (like how i believe it works now for website accounts) or trough a code which steam users can enter in the redeem section by pressing the in game ESC menu.
    this way the gifted versions will have the website account type, and steam users would still be able to get the reward even tough their account isn't on the website. the fact that the new people would then have a website account would not matter since they use the same in game servers meaning we could play together.

Since the redeem code option already exists in the steam client and is used for some codes, why not use it for rewards like this as well?
    This way it would at least fix the issue of steam users not getting equal treatment with this and maybe future promotions of the same kind, making the demand for a client switch system a bit lower and at the same time it would be a sign of appreciation to steam users which could help improving the negative attitude allot of people have about you as a company ( although allot will just find something new to complain about since that is sadly the way people are)

OrganicMilk likes this.
  11. OrganicMilk

I really would like and appreciate an update on how things look in terms of allowing the steam player base to purchase the 10€ gift package

12. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Nothing has changed and it still is not planed to be changed.

13. Kagamine Rin

in the past they stated they needed to know if there was any demand for it, And since the steam forums get posts about it but dont get read, ive made a suggestion post about how steam users should also be able to participate in this and other promotions that so far have been site account only. This may be intresting for you too

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/equal-treatment-for-steam-users.464102/

It is very understandable they only want to put work, time, efford and ofcourse also money in somthing if there is enough demand for it, since otherwise there are more important stuff to do then to waste resources. So i think we should let them know.