1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helllllooo Out There

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Damn DayDay, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Damn DayDay

What's good, I'm Dayday, currently playing a Musa (Just got to 41) and really enjoying BDO. :)

However there's so much information to take in I kind of feel overwhelmed and most of the video guides I've watched are rather old. (I feel like an idiot because I still dont really understand how to connect nodes Lmao)

But anyways, hope to see you guys out in the fields, hope this MMO stays up for a long time (Dont do me like RaiderZ did me). Much love and much peace to you all, until the Node Wars (Like I'm even doing those XD) no but seriously, have a good day and stay funky.

Rogahn, Alrikmerc, eitheldin and 3 others like this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Forum users here are quite friendly to provide help, so don't be embarrassed to ask.

Mind the trolls though, we have plenty of those.

Welcome to BDO, :3

Cheers~

3. Damn DayDay

Thanks man! Much appreciated it, and yeah I came from LoL so Trolls and Flamers, and generally toxic People, AHAHAHAHA EZPZ. Glad to be here, already feeling the warmth

4. Lilylotta

to cut it down in a small piece to connect node..
    step 1: Find heidel
    step 2: click on the node "Northern Guard Camp", "lynch farm ruins", "eastern border", "costa farm" or "moretti plantage"
    step 3: once clicked on 1 of them, you can see at top left corner, theres a "contribution invest". you click that to "connect" a node.
    step 4: enjoy and connect more.

Do know that theres white lines from node to node, that indicate what node to connect next to further connection. Nodes are connected by towns, meaning if you have the node connected to heidel, it will only allow heidel workers (and the materials go heidel then), if you connect it to velia also, you can pick from either velia or heidel to work there (materials goes to the town the worker comes from).

To get a worker, find a work advisor in the town you want it to send the worker from. (i suggest human for anything that have a second resource to be obtained and goblin/giant for nodes that only have 1 material to get).

If the node is not connected to another node (which longer down the line is connected to a town), you can't connect to it until a path is made by connecting various nodes.

to get more contribution points, do quests or daily quest. cooking/alchemy misc hand in.

Hope this helps. else just ask (probably not what you wanted, but i like to type ._.)

#4 Lilylotta, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Andaro likes this.
  5. Damn DayDay

Actually you gave me more than I wanted, you gave me what I needed. You is smart, you is loyal, you is saintly

Lilylotta likes this.
  6. Lilylotta

good to know it helped c:

Good luck!

7. eXpell

I suggest using up all of your character slots and create as much characters as possible. It may seem pointless now because you just started, but it will be extremely useful later on. The main thing is energy. Each character has their own energy to spend, so its really nice when you are trying to level up a node or use the night vendor. You can just swap characters and use up all the energy stored on that character.

Keep all your Hard and Sharp black stones, because they will be extremely important if you want to enchant your own equipment. Trying to buy them on the market is such a pain to deal with.

Anyways GL, you should be able to level up fast since they lowered the HP of most monsters and there's just so many exp buffs going! :D

8. Grehm

Grehm 62 NA

Two words. Hoard. Everything.
    Also finding a helpful guild who you can talk to/ask questions in discord is also helpful.
    If pvp isn't your thing, Soulmates is always looking for friendly members.

9. PK_Enabled

The game has a lot of ****, dont try to cram it all in and youll be good.

As long as you're doing something, you're progressing, not many ways to completely waste your time.

Grehm likes this.
  10. GM Glitterbeard

Game Master

Hey there DayDay! Welcome to the game! Hope to see you around :D

eitheldin likes this.
  11. AlnilamE

Yeah, take your time. I remember my first week. I was so lost!

I remember spending an hour looking for a "node manager" in Olvia so I could start connecting nodes. I thought you needed to start your network in Olvia. I didn't know you could start at any town.

Take your time, smell the flowers. If you run around Velia there are a lot of step-by-step tutorial quests that teach you about nodes, workers, crafting, etc.

12. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

It's like being born during the war.
    Good luck and don't find out the underbelly of BDO too soon.
    Enjoy the game with ignorance as bliss running through your head.

13. Welcome :D

14. Damn DayDay

If the underbelly is a gear grind, that's light work, every game is a gear grind lol