1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping Hand: Guide Contest *Winners Announced*

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, May 3, 2017.

1. Nelyvia

Nelyvia BialyTygrys Ranger 57 EU

• Winner will be given their pick of one item from our swag collection.
        • Hat or T-Shirt or Black Spirit Pillow
    [/QUOTE]

Pleaaaase, let me buy that pillow, i dont want to participate that contest ( i suck at writting guide ) buuuut pleaaase leeeet me buy one iiii waaaant it

2. Shamshir

Carrots into Karats

Sham’s Guide to Getting Top 10 Wealth Using One Simple Crop

[​IMG]

See that? This could be you! Let’s learn how to use carrots!
    What’s that one thing EVERYONE uses? Carrots. There’s no fast travel on this game. If you want to get around fast, you need a horse. You can’t always make it to a stable, so how do you feed your horse? CARROTS. Everyone needs carrots! “Well I just buy my carrots from the stable mast-”

WRONG! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! We don’t buy ANYTHING. Everything we use, we make! And you’re going to make carrots.

Step 1: If you don’t have three Strong Farms already, get them. The total cost is going to be 30 CP. Use the NPC Search function to search for “Strong Fence.” This is going to be your main carrot breeding facility. Set your farms up near whatever city you’re closest to. Remember, you want to base everything out of Velia. It has amazing workshops, great crate bonus rates, accessibility to many beer making crops, and you’ll be right next to the always abundant Velia waters.

Step 2: Gather 30 carrot seeds from wild thickets. You could just buy them, if you like throwing money away. :) Use the weeds to make herbal juice. Use the herbal juice. Never buy potions. Before I started using herbal juice, I was using over 100K silver in potions a day. That’s 700K in potions per week! Now I don’t spend anything. Remember, being rich is only 50% making money. The other 50% is SAVING money.

Step 3: Plant your little baby carrot seeds and put some workers on your farms. You’re going to want to stay near the farm so the crops don’t go over 200%. Once your crops are ready to be harvested, you’re going to want to breed the seeds. Remember, old crops, just like old people, yield less.

Step 4: Keep your high-quality (green) seeds and top quality (blue) seeds. Discard your normal carrot seeds. They’re only holding you back. You, your horses, and the people you’re selling to deserve more than normal carrots.

Step 5: Plant your high-quality (green) seeds and top quality (blue) seeds. Repeat the breeding process until you are only left with top-quality seeds. Once you get over 30 top-quality seeds, use your extra contribution points to buy more farms. The more carrots, the merrier. Harvest and breed at even rates. You don’t want any empty spaces. Sometimes when you’re breeding, you might get a fruit of nature. Those are used for alchemy, but that takes more time than it’s worth. I didn’t get rank #5 wealth from ALCHEMY. Put that thing up on the market and pat yourself on the back. You just made an extra 40K silver.

Step 6: Within a few hours, you should have a small, special carrot empire. Perfect. Now you’re going to make some special carrot juice. “What’s special carrot juice?” It’s a super simple recipe! You probably already have a beer station going. You’re going to use your cooking utensil to make special carrot juice. This recipe is: 1 special carrot, 3 flour (use a Velia worker to gather potatoes from the Bartali Farm node), 3 sugar (purchased from a cooking merchant), and 4 mineral water (also purchased from a cooking merchant).

Step 7: Use half of your carrots to make the carrot juice. You’re going to hold on to the other half. You should have 20,000 special carrots and about 30,000 special carrot juice at this point. Great starting point! We’re finally at the part where we get to sell stuff. You can keep some of the carrots and carrot juice for yourself, but try to list the majority of what you made. So you’re mostly going to end up selling your stuff to PvP guilds. You know, the guys with T8 horses who use those horses for everything from quickly getting to their guildies to node wars? Their horses gotta eat too! You’re just going to sit tight and wait for those guys to buy your stuff. While you’re waiting, tend to your currently growing crops so you have a new batch of stuff to put up when this one sells.

And there you have it! That’s how you make money on BDO. Just how much money? Well, here’s a little snapshot of my bank:

[​IMG]

;) I’ll let you be the judge of whether or not carrots are good as I say they are.

100% legit guide. Absolutely NOT a joke. Don't let the haters convince you otherwise. Carrots make you $$$$$ rich $$$$$.

#22 Shamshir, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Oddiish, StarBerst, Blessing and 2 others like this.
  3. Sessia

Sessia Sessia Valkyrie 60 NA

Guild Guide
    How to craft a Galley

Step 1: Learn the Guild Skills

To craft a Galley 1-3 guild skills are required:
    1. Building Boat Lv. 1 : Craft [Guild] Ship Registration: Galley. 10 Points
    2. Building Boat Lv. 2 : Craft blue grade ship parts. 2 Points
    3. Fully Prepared: Craft [Guild] Origin of Wind. 5 Points
    Total Guild Points: 17

Step 2: Win a Guild House

Galleys can be crafted in four specific Guild Houses:

To win a guild house a guild leader will need to place the highest bid during the Guild House Auction at the relevant region's <Guild Manager> NPC that takes place every two weeks from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

1. Place the crafting materials in the guild bank then access the guild house crafting interface by clicking the guild house from the map. Recipes are listed below.
    2. Send workers to each task. A maximum of 200 workers can be working in a guild house concurrently. The workers' home city must be connected to the guild house city via the node network.

*Tip: Once ship can be crafted per day. The count resets every evening.

Step 4: Buy or Craft the Galley Ship Parts

Green tier ship parts are sold by <Guild Wharf Manager> NPCs.
    • [Guild] Galley: Bronze Prow Statue. 7,000,000 Silver
      • +1% Movement Speed
      • All DP +10
    • [Guild] Galley: Enhanced Shield. 8,500,000 Silver
      • All DP +10
      • Weight Limit +100 LT
    • [Guild] Galley: Maria Cannon. 8,000,000 Silver
      • All AP +10
      • Max HP +100
    • [Guild] Galley: High Wind Sail. 6,500,000 Silver
      • Max Power +1000
      • Turn +1%
    • Workers are purchased at the <Guild Wharf Manager> for 2,500,000 ea. Human for acceleration, Goblin for speed, Dwarf for turn, Giant for braking. Galley workers are upgraded using a quest from the Lema Island node manager after reaching the required sailing skill level. The upgraded worker contracts can be extended using the Contract renewals from a <Guild Wharf Manager>.

Blue tier ship parts are crafted in guild houses.
    • [Guild] Galley: Steller's Sea Eagle Prow. Approx. 22,000,000 Silver
      • +2% Movement Speed
      • All DP +20
    • [Guild] Galley: Enhanced Blue Plating. Approx. 38,000,000 Silver
      • All DP +20
      • Weight Limit +150 LT
    • [Guild] Galley: Sophia Cannon. Approx. 58,000,000 Silver
      • All AP+20
      • Max HP +5000
    • [Guild] Galley: Cloud Breeze Sail. Approx. 38,000,000 Silver
      • Max Power + 2000
      • Turn +2%

Step 5: Enhance the Galley Ship Parts
    Enhancing ship parts to +10 will multiply their stats double, triple or more. Black Stone (Armor) is used to enhance from +1 to +5. Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Armor) is used to enhance from +6 to +10. If an enhancement fails from +6 up the enhancement level will go down.

Step 6: Enjoy your Galley

Wreck your enemies and get rich hunting sea monsters!

Recipes:
    Most ingredients are either sold by <Guild Wharf Manager> NPCs or crafted using guild processing while standing in a guild house.

[Guild] Ship Registration: Galley
    • [Guild] Clearance Permit (300)
    • [Guild] Galley Plan (25) 1,000,000 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Iron Core Timber Square (800) 46,100 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Desert Alloy Ingot (600) 57,900 silver ea
    • [Guild] Spirit-laden Plywood (1,500) 68,500 silver ea
    • [Guild] Wind-laden Flax (160) 41,000 silver ea

[Guild] Galley: Steller's Sea Eagle Prow

• [Guild] Clearance Permit (50)
    • [Guild] Ficy Workshop Special Bronze Ingot Box (60) 300,000 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Sticky Glue (50) Craft with guild processing.
      • 1 Lobster + 10 Sulfur
    • [Guild] Sea Horn (2) Craft with guild processing.
      • 10 Nineshark's Horn Shard + 1 [Guild] Ocean Stalker's skin + 10 Sturdy Timber Square + 10 Trace of Origin

[Guild] Galley: Enhanced Blue Plating

• [Guild] Trent Treant Plywood (120) 250,000 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Crude Decoration (40) Craft with guild processing.
      • 1 Giant Pearl Oyster + 1 Cone Snail
    • [Guild] Cloudy Timber (50) Craft with Guild Processing.
      • 2 Candidum's shell + 1 Ocean Stalker's Skin + 100 Palm Timber + 10 Trace of Ascension

[Guild] Galley: Sophia Cannon

• [Guild] Goddess's Tear Crystal (4) 10,000,000 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Special Iron Ingot from Calpheon Workshop (16)
      • Exchange 10 "Shiny Golden Seal - Calpheon Trade" from trade quests at any <Imperial Delivery> NPC
    • [Guild] Sandy Ingot (80) Craft with guild processing.
      • 2 Black Rust Jawbone + 1 Ocean Stalker Skin + 100 Vanadium Ore + 10 Trace of Earth

[Guild] Galley: Cloud Sail Breeze

• [Guild] Lavania Finest Flax Cloth Bundle (150) 200,000 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Tough Silk Thread (250) Craft with guild processing.
      • 1 Silk Thread + 1 Weed + 1 Powder of Crevice
    • [Guild] Stormy Rope (50) Craft with guild processing.
      • 3 Hekaru Process + 1 Ocean Stalker Skin + 100 Flax + 10 Trace of Despair

[Guild] Origin of Wind

• [Guild] Breezy Crystal (2) 250,000 silver ea.
    • [Guild] Sticky Glue (2) Craft with guild processing.
      • 1 Lobster + 10 Sulfur
    • [Guild] Sea Monster's Neidan (2) Drops from all sea monsters.

[Guild] Clearance Permit : Exchange [Guild] Clearance Request at a <Guild Manager>

Craft [Guild] Clearance Request and it's parts using guild processing while standing in a guild house.

• 1 [Guild] Ink
      • 2 Processed Coal + 2 Black Stone Powder
    • 1 [Guild] Parchment
      • 2 Ox Hide + 2 Black Stone Powder
    • 1 [Guild] Wax
      • 2 Pine Sap + 2 Rough Ruby
    • 1 [Guild] Seal
      • 2 White Cedar Timber + 2 Rough Translucent Crystal

Ingredient Guide:

Lobster

Lobsters are gathered using hoes from corals and giant pearl oysters.

Giant Pearl Oyster

Giant Pearl Oysters are gathered from giant pearl oysters using a hoe. They can be found in coral reefs and on the sea floor.

Cone Snail

Cone Snails are a rare drop found by harvesting seaweed with a hoe. The seaweeds agar, water thyme, kelp, brown seaweed, seaweed, and tangle weed are usually found near coastlines.

Tips:
    • Total funds required to craft one galley: 205,930,000 Silver in guild funds.
    • Total funds required to buy one set of Tier 1 galley armor: 30,000,000 Silver in guild funds.
    • Total funds required to craft one set of Tier 2 galley armor: Approx 156,000,000 Silver in guild plus personal funds.
    • Gather all or most of your materials and hire extra workers before bidding on a guild house especially if only a few guild members will be helping.
    • Only three guild galleys can be registered by a guild currently. (May 3, 2017)
    • Only officers can take a galley out of a wharf and each officer can have only one galley out at a time. You will need three officers if you want to take out three galleys at once.
    By Melpomene Sessia, Guild Officer, NemesisAsylum NA. May 3, 2017

Nighteye, Sylviu, Apparat and 3 others like this.
  4. TRNFloyd

Floyd's How-To-Be-A-Better-Wizard Guide
    A look at the class from early leveling, post awakening and beyond!
    Wizard, and sometimes Witch, get's a lot of hate because of the class' awakening being very strong, but the class is very VERY useful to have, and there's some tricks that, to this day, I've noticed some Wizards/Witches don't do. They can be very confusing to some people that are fighting against you. Today, I'm going to try to get these tricks out there and into the hands of you new players so you can get better, faster, and hopefully open the eyes to a new possibility for you veterans out there that never considered these options!

Let's start with some of the basics first!
    Levels 1-55 is the same for both the Wizard and Witch, and 56 and beyond will be from the perspective of a Wizard(as that's what I main). So, firstly, for new players, lets start with what you should be upgrading while leveling your class! This is probably just going to be the really important spells to have on hand. :p
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These two spells are extremely important to be leveling up. It can actually mean the difference between life and death depending on how you gear yourself. One thing to keep in mind is that these heals are percentage based - which means if you have more health, they technically heal more HP(same for MP). It's still only 20% and 30%, but it does add up.

After all, 30% of 2k HP is only 600 HP, but 30% of 4k HP is 1.2k HP per pulse. Instead of self healing 1800 HP, you could heal 3600 HP. Stuff to consider when gearing up.

I'm just going to blast a couple more very useful skills to have when leveling/going to bosses that new players should consider(I'm going to get to the good stuff soon! :D):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Okay, so these skills are, or should be, used post awakening. They are the utility spells that are really useful post awakening, or are downright required for surviving.

Okay, so, Pre-Awakening tips and tricks time!!
    The Wizard/Witch can take a little getting used to since their play style is a bit slower than other classes. One way to advance in the class is by getting to know the spells inside and out.

TIP 1: Pushing the limits and maximizing the potential of our most damaging spells

90% of our spells can be controlled with this function:

[​IMG]
    This allows you to move your character by clicking on the ground. Its not very useful with other classes, however, with pre awakening wizard/witch, its absolutely necessary for both offensive and defensive purposes.

Example time!
    If you use your Pre-Awakening 100% Black Spirit Rage, it roots you in place. Originally, the only way to turn the ability was with mouse movements. They later added the three-pulse camera direction change to both this ultimate ability, Meteor Shower and Blizzard.

However, its still VERY useful to use mouse movements, especially with the 100% skill as that skill has Front Guard. Most wizards and witches should know this by now, but just incase, here you go!

It still has its use post awakening as you can change the direction of where damage is being applied. I've been testing this out and its great! Wizard Awakening is a bit faster paced than Pre-Awakening, but its still very usable. Hellfire, Bolide, Aqua Jail and Chilling Wave can all have their damage or front guard direction changed via mouse movements.

Mouse Movements can also allow you to talk to NPC's or gather from a greater distance by right clicking on the NPC's/gathering nodes. The skill also works with teleport, but there's no use in doing that. I'll get to that in a minute. For other classes, it can change the direction of where you land; like that Berserker's grapple and leap skill.

Beyond that, however, its got no other use. One can argue its a good enough use with just that though.

TIP 2: Wizard+

This, by me and my officer, is what we consider being "Wizard+". Almost no one ever uses this, and I even originally criticized on why wizards would do this back when I first started playing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Put Fireball Explosion and
    Lightning Storm on your Quickslots!!

Upon use of both Fireball and Chain Lightning, the wizard or witch gains a buff. During that buff, at any time, they can cast the combo spell.

Example time!
    You can cast Fireball, then you can teleport away, protected area, healing lighthouse, then cast Fireball Explosion before the buff runs out. Or my personal favourite..

Fireball>Lightning>Residual Lightning>Fireball Explosion
    This opens up a whole new world of combination possibilities.

Need a knockdown before going in to do a down attack? Why not prep the fireball explosion buff, TP in, use the explosion and then proceed to do something like Hellfire(awakening W+F)?

Want to really confuse the enemy? Why not throw fireball out, freeze them, TP in, MMA once, Fireball Explosion, MMA once again, Frigid Fog as they're getting back up to freeze them again, MMA twice, Freeze them again as they're coming back up, MMA a couple more times and TP away before they get back up?

Anything can be done in those 7 seconds, and as long as the buff is still active, you can use the combination spell whenever you feel. This removes the wizard from being rooted in place for those combo spells too - which can get you killed if you just combo into them normally.

I've got one more trick for you guys..

TIP 3: The extreme confusion that Teleport can cause during 1v1's

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Teleport is one of our greatest spells. Its an absolute requirement that you max this spell out as early as possible. It allows you to keep up with other classes that have consistent movement skills, as well as position yourself better in any fight. You can use it both offensively and defensively, and when you include Ultimate: Teleport, things just get even better!

Sticking to Pre-Awakening first, the main part of this tip is from the regular Teleport. When casting Teleport, you move from Point A to Point B while being invincible during the movement. People can grapple you while you're casting it, before you disappear, to interrupt it, but most times you usually get the skill off.

For the enemy, what they see is you stretching your hand in the air, and then they see a little animation on your landing point. This is where the tip/trick comes into play!

If you use the skill(Shift+SPACE) and then change the camera before the cast bar completes, you will change the direction of where you land, BUT THE ANIMATION THAT SHOWS AROUND YOU WHEN YOU LAND STILL PLAYS WHERE YOU ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO GO! This is big because some people use that animation as an indicator as to where you're going to be. When you don't show up there, you usually confuse the hell out of them and they start turning their camera to try and find you.

It's extremely effective against.. well any class. You can use it to make the enemy think you're going one way, but then you end up in a completely random location. Hell, it probably looks like we're hacking, but its just how the spell works.

With Ultimate: Teleport, the spell just gets even crazier because you can completely vanish out of view distance. You could combo it with Emergency Escape and literally get the hell outta there without the enemy knowing where you went.

That's the defensive way of using Teleport. Another very useful way to use the teleport is offensively. With regular Teleport, you can change the direction but still stay close enough to damage the enemy player, however, TP gets a lot better with its second Teleport. You can use it to zig zag across the field and confuse the enemy, or you can use it to do a.. well Idk what its called.. I'll just throw some examples out here:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It can be effective for a wizard to do these, and it gets them in a better position for their spells. These are, of course, just examples.

One last thing about Teleport: Mouse Movements can control the direction of where you go, but because the camera does as well, there's very VERY little reason to use it this way. I've heard from my guild officer that you can sort of bend the teleport, but there's actually no use for doing so.. He tried to explain it to me, but ultimately we bother decided there was no use in pursuing where that could even be used. lol.

I think that's everything tip-wise that I have to share. I think its time for you to get out there and use these more often. Especially with the Second Awakening being combinations of Pre-Awakening spells! Just imagine how cool some of these might be?! What if the combined Lightning Storm with Fireball Explosion?! Idk how they would, but still, imagine the possibilities!

Gear and You! Wizard gearing guide!

95% or more of the wizards out there will tell you to just build Attack Power accessories, get boss gear, enhance it yourself and profit. Honestly, if you don't want to try new things, that's a good way to go. Its a time-tested fact that building the most you can in damage output can work.

That's also enhanced by the fact that the wizard awakening spells all have 10% or higher accuracy bonus'(except Hellfire), meaning less of the need to build accuracy, and allowing us to build more AP:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    That said, you can, as a wizard, play a bit more defensive and build a few DP accessories. I'm, personally, working on getting a few enhanced to see if its worth using over others. With the wizards 20 AP awakening buff and the 20 AP passive buff, just by being a wizard you can afford the AP loss and still dish damage out.

That is, for now. We will see what Kakao and Pearl Abyss do to nerf this(if they go back on their word of choosing not to nerf classes..)

As for armor..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

..boss gear is great, but again, because of how the class is, we can afford to build outside of the meta. Heve and Rocaba gear can work very well together. Muskan's are very much required - regardless of if full boss gear or half 'n half. Bheg's, in my opinion, are only needed for the desert dungeons and the Mutant Ogre/Troll. Even for that last one its iffy if it will help much. Without any accuracy gear, I have a moderately hard time hitting either of them. xD

[​IMG]

Dim Tree's Armor is very strong armor with 200 HP. Enough said(especially considering our heal spells). Giath's helm is great if you want that full set bonus too(ultimately though I think its the last thing you should upgrade, because it offers less benefits over the rest).

[​IMG]

Other alternatives to boss gear are Rocaba, Heve, Grunil. If you're just starting out on gearing, or are a new player, I'd consider enhancing half Heve/Grunil or Heve/Rocaba.

Weapon wise, you're going to eventually want to have Kzarka/Dande, but you can get away with Liverto for a while. Yuria is relatively cheap to enhance, and does probably the most damage for all the green-tier weapons. Consider using an ultimate blue awakening over a green one until you get your hands on a Dandelion.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

As for the offhand, If you're slacking on AP, your're options are Steel Dagger or Nouver. Nouver is boss gear, and if you're new, it might be out of your price-range. If you need Accuracy, Bronze Dagger is great for that. Kutum exists as sort of an all-purpose dagger, and then you have other daggers like Rosar or Parrying - which boost your evasion stat.

There are options to consider, so for those that don't know it, consider checking them out via these links:

I think that's about everything, so I'm going to end it here. I'm Floyd(family name: Difficult) on NA_World. If you have some more Wizard questions, or even want to practice some of these things out, let me know!

Attached Files:

JaredWolfe, StarBerst and Blessing like this.
  5. RamblingRose

Most of the horse breeders here are probably already familiar with this one because it is a continuous work in progress and full of info from horse breeding and participating in the forums since launch. . :) It might be over the character limit, not sure but I won't be upset if it is disqualified. Really happy to see all these other guides here, it will help lots of people!!!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/horses-faq-by-bdo-horse-breeders.258/.

Aeryeen and Amarenda like this.
  6. PrintMage

Nice guide! Really informative and easy to follow so far about 2/3 done but gotta run so will revise when I'm done :)

7. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 58 NA

Can you post this in the DarkHorses and friends discord?

8. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 58 NA

I hope it's not disqualified. I'm sure alot of guides that are posted have been pieced together from alot of people.

9. RoakOriginal

Valencians quest rings give 3 evasion...

10. Alichan

I've already replied to the old forums post, is that still going to be included in the event?

11. Ayers

Now if anyone has come across the Golden Desert Coin Quest, you will likely know that it is a pain to complete, now for those of you who gave up / not got there yet / or seeking help with it I may be able to help!

First you should stock up with Shabby Shovels, these can be obtained from material vendors. There is a material vendor in Valencia so you should be fine as long as you have silver.

Next, you will want to get some Purified Water, this can be obtained by filtering A Bag of Muddy Water (dug from desert with shabby shovels). Or if you have some silver you can pay a visit to the Market in Valencia. I would recommend buying about 50. Whilst at the marketplace make sure to also buy some Star Anise Tea. Purified Water can only remove heatstroke and heatstroke is only during the day. During nighttime in the desert it becomes so cold that your character gets hypothermia, the tea will remove this debuff.

Third, you will want to (if you have one) get your Camel and ride it to the west exit of Valencia. When you reach the desert it is important to head mostly south but slightly east. (Use minimap for this). When you come across an area where there are a lot of sand hills go down each one and walk from top to bottom slowly. Also make sure to have your minimap fully zoomed out, this will allow you to find the quest location as fast as possible.

Fourth, You have now done all the setup and traveling and may be thinking "now for the easy part, right?" Wrong. This is where the quest takes a turn for the worst. Without help you could be out there digging for the rest of your life and not come across the correct spot, why? Simple, the location where you need to dig is OUTSIDE of the quest circle! Now imagine that the circle is infact a square, so that the furthest up / down / right / left of the circle are where the lines will touch. Now head to the top right of the square and dig around that area, make sure to move after every 3 digs (slight chance you wont get it), if you get a Golden Desert Coin make sure to remain on the same spot and do not move.

I have a video here to show the location, make sure to look at the end to see the minimap zoom.

Good luck with the digging!

Now for those of you who don't have a Camel and are unsure of how to get one.
    Get a horse to level 15 or higher and sell it to "Imperial Horse Delivery", You should get an amount of seals (varies depending on teir and may vary with level) and collect 5 of these. When you have 5 go to the stable keeper at the outpost just north east of Altinova, Boulder Outpost, and trade these seals for a Camel. Once you have this Camel you may notice its turning and speed are quite bad, the turning is something you have to get used to but the speed is due to it being outside the Desert. Once you have entered the Desert (Hotkey: M's map wont work anymore, you will have to rely on the minimap for directional guidance) you should notice a good enough increase in speed.

For those of you who are yet to find Valencia or forgot how to, Get to Sand Grain Bazaar and enter the desert (with Purified Water and Star Anise Tea) then head East whilst ever so slightly heading north. Keep looking to both sides but make sure not to vary too much from this path unless you have to. If you do it correctly you should eventually see Valencia and from there you can just use the city itself as a guide.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

12. Metalharpey

13. Wilk

Wilky's quick guide on the Special Deals System

Table of contents:
    I. Goal of this guide
    II. What are the special deals?
    III. How does it work?
    IV. How to set it up
    V. Pros and Cons of the special deals
    VI. Conclusion

I. Goal of this guide

The goal of this guide is to give newcomers as well as returning players, who have never used this system, pieces of information on when and how to use this system, as this can greatly enhance your quality of life while grinding.
    I will not explain every perk of this system, as that is for each player/party to decide on how they use it. I will cover the simplest setup, which is also the most commonly used one.

II. What are the special deals?

Ever wondered what those players mean who join a party and ask "Are special deals set?"
    Look no further.
    The special deal system allows for a very convenient and quick way to sell items you aquire while grinding in a party.
    It's easily set up within a few clicks and you don't have to worry about anything after you (or you partyleader) have enabled the function.

III. How does it work?

The answer is: It automatically registers items above a certain grade on the market place, however, they end up in the special deals tab rather than the normal market place.
    Depending on how it is set up, items like equipment, crystals, blackstones as well as accessories or other items of that sort will be listed on the special deals tab and will be ready for sale.
    What's even better is the fact that the money from the items that have been sold will automatically end up in your mailbox, ready to be collected whenever you are in a safezone.
    Being in a town with a warehouse in which you want to store your silver in is recommended, but by no means a necessity.
    The "Get All" Button in your mails can be used to quickly collect all the special deal mails without having to manually open, collect and delete them. I highly recommend using that button, as it will save you alot of time.
    [​IMG]

IV. How to set it up

The leader of the party is the only one who can activate the system and change the settings. By default, these settings are disabled, so whenever you join a new party, I recommend to check or simply ask the people in the group if the option is enabled.
    A click on the cogwheel in the partymenu will open a small window below the party interface.
    [​IMG]
    Tick the Gradebox, then open the dropdown menu right next to it, and select Green.
    [​IMG]
    Press Confirm and you are setup.

All you have to do now is grind with at least one player within the part range (wifi indicator) for the special deals to work.
    The money of the sold items will be split depending on how many players are present during the item registration.
    You cannot make use this system by yourself, even if you are in a party, if there is nobody in range, you will simply collect the items the regular way and they will end up in your inventory.

V. Pros and Cons of the special deals

Let's start with the pros:
    - Enables you to grind longer, due to the fact that dropped items will not be in your inventory weighing you down/filling up your slots
    - Autoselling of said items, without any marketplace limitations such as 30 registration slots, having to be near a marketplace
    - One, if not the most convenient way to turn items into silver, for as little as a button press
    - No expiration dates
    - No limitations of mails
    [​IMG]
    Note: Look at the date, this is from a time before we had this lifesaving "Get All" Button :c
    But it's just to illustrate that you can farm and farm and farm.... :D

For cons:
    - Money will be split amongst the partymembers, resulting in less yield per item
    - You will not be able to obtain certain items e.g. Blackstones or accessories this way, because they will also end up getting sold through the special deals

VI. Conclusion

All in all this system allows for prolonged grinding sessions and can be incredibly useful when grinding places such as Sausan Garrison or Pirate Island in a group.
    The system offers more features, but this guide ends hear, as the goal was to shed light onto the basic and simplest form of the usage of the special deals.

#33 Wilk, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  14. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 60 EU

I wrote this guide up a couple of weeks ago as a guideline for failstacking and gear progression, since there are a lot of "what do I enhance next?" questions popping up all the time. Hope it's helpful to someone. Character count should be just over 16k.

**Enhancing was recently changed and Green grade items are now much easier to enhance. I’m still testing this and doing research on the changes so when enhancing Green grade items you can use the prioritize success option and will need less stacks than listed below.

ENHANCING GUIDELINES
    Important note: “(maximum of X)” refers to the amount of failstacks you can use on this item until it stops increasing the chances of success. For example: at +11, you can use up to 16 stacks to increase the chances to 32.5% of success, but using any more failstacks won’t continue to increase the chances. These figures are based on tests in Korea on green grade items and may differ for yellow grade items. However, you can still use these as a guideline of when to stop and save your failstacks when you are enhancing. Full tables of success rates can be found here

ENHANCING GREEN GRADE ARMOR
    (Grunil, Rocaba, Heve, Agerian, Zereth, Talis, Taritas, etc.) Even if you ultimate the gear, use these guidelines.

• Safe enhance to +5
    • Force enhance to +7
    • Use 7 or more fail stacks to get +8
    • Use 8 or more fail stacks (maximum of 15) to get +9
    • Use 9 or more fail stacks (maximum of 16) to get +10
    • Use 10 or more fail stacks (maximum of 17) to get +11
    • Use 10 or more fail stacks (maximum of 18) to get +12
    • Use 11 or more fail stacks (maximum of 20) to get +13
    • Use 12 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get +14
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get +15
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get PRI (+16)
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 35) to get DUO (+17)
    • Use 30 or more fail stacks (maximum of 45) to get TRI (+18)
    • Use 40 or more fail stacks (maximum of 90) to get TET (+19)
    • Use 60 or more fail stacks to get PEN (+20)

ENHANCING GREEN GRADE WEAPONS
    (Yuria, Krea, Bares, Kalis, Azwell, Offhands, etc.)

• Safe enhance to +7
    • Force enhance to +8
    • Use 11 or more fail stacks (maximum of 14) to get +9
    • Use 11 or more fail stacks (maximum of 15) to get +10
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 16) to get +11
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 18) to get +12
    • Use 18 or more fail stacks (maximum of 20) to get +13
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get +14
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get +15
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get PRI (+16)
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 35) to get DUO (+17)
    • Use 40 or more fail stacks (maximum of 90) to get TET (+19)
    • Use 60 or more fail stacks to get PEN (+20)

ENHANCING BOSS ARMOR
    (Giath’s Helmet, Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor, Red Nose’s Armor, Muskan’s Shoes, Bheg’s Gloves)

• Safe enhance to +5
    • Use 10 or more fail stacks (maximum of 13) to get +6
    • Force enchant to +8
    • Use 11 or more fail stacks (maximum of 14) to get +9
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 16) to get +11
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 18) to get +12
    • Use 18 or more fail stacks (maximum of 20) to get +13
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get +14
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get PRI (+16)
    • Use 25 or more fail stacks (maximum of 35) to get DUO (+17)
    • Use 50 or more fail stacks (maximum of 90) to get TET (+19)
    • Use 80 or more fail stacks to get PEN (+20)

ENHANCING BOSS WEAPONS
    (Liverto, Kzarka, Kutum, Nouver, Dandelion)

• Safe enhance to +7
    • Use 10 or more fail stacks (maximum of 13) to get to +8
    • Use 10 or more fail stacks (maximum of 14) to get to +9
    • Use 11 or more fail stacks (maximum of 16) to get +11
    • Use 12 or more fail stacks (maximum of 18) to get +12
    • Use 15 or more fail stacks (maximum of 20) to get +13
    • Use 16 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get +14
    • Use 20 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get PRI (+16)
    • Use 25 or more fail stacks (maximum of 35) to get DUO (+17)
    • Use 50 or more fail stacks (maximum of 90) to get TET (+19)
    • Use 80 or more fail stacks to get PEN (+20)
    **If you’re enhancing a blue grade awakening weapon use these guidelines.

ARMOR/WEAPONS TIPS
    Enhancing your Armor/Weapons to +15 can be harder than enhancing them from PRI to TRI due to the chances of success. Remember that when you are failstacking, keep an eye on your failstacks and save the failstacks for higher enhances if it goes past the recommendations. For example, if you are enhancing your boss armor to +11 and you get past 25 failstacks, you should stop and save these for +15/PRI/DUO attempts. Log onto another character and begin failstacking on that one back to the recommended failstacks.

Important tip: When repairing the max durability of Liverto weapons or blue grade awakening weapons, you should use Artisan’s Memory (400 Loyalty) and the weapon for 30 durability. This is much cheaper than using memory fragments to repair.

ENHANCING BLUE GRADE ACCESSORIES
    (Mark of Shadow, Witch’s Earring, Tree Spirit Belt, Red Coral Earring, etc. )

• Use 18 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get PRI
    • Use 30 or more fail stacks (maximum of 35) to get DUO
    • Use 40 or more fail stacks (maximum of 45) to get TRI
    • Use 70 or more fail stacks (maximum of 90) to get TET
    • Use 100 or more fail stacks to get PEN

ENHANCING YELLOW GRADE ACCESSORIES
    (Ogre Ring, Basilisk’s Belt, Ring of Crescent Guardian, Tungrade Earring, etc.)

• Use 25 or more fail stacks (maximum of 25) to get PRI
    • Use 35 or more fail stacks (maximum of 35) to get DUO
    • Use 45 or more fail stacks (maximum of 45) to get TRI
    • Use 90 or more fail stacks (maximum of 90) to get TET
    • Use 120 or more fail stacks to get PEN

ACCESSORIES TIPS
    You can use Cron stones on some cheaper accessories such as Bares Necklace, Coral Earrings/Rings and the Belt of Shultz the Gladiator. Remember that you won’t build fail stacks when use Cron stones but they will stop the item from being destroyed. It can still disenhance so make sure to failstack correctly.

I recommend only enhancing accessories if you have a back up. Either with duplicate accessories at the same enhancement, or cheaper accessories where you won’t lose too much AP if your main accessory fails. A TRI/TET Bares Necklace is great as a backup for when you are going for PRI/DUO ogre rings and they don’t cost much to make.

FAILSTACK OPTIMISATION/HOW TO FAILSTACK
    **When failstacking, remember to use the prioritize durability option or you will be unable to build failstacks on Green grade items.

1 to 10 failstacks: Use +14 Reblath armor to get these failstacks. If it goes to +15, log onto a level 10 character with negative karma (kill wild horses to get negative karma) and die to mobs to delevel the enhancement back to +14. You can instantly revive on the spot if the character is level 10 or less. You can also use cheap green grade accessories for 1 – 3 failstacks and these can help to save you money that you’d use on the Black Stones, but they do have a high chance of success. You can also use +10 to +12 green grade offhands, but in terms of optimisation, Reblath is the best method for up to 10 failstacks.

11 to 20 failstacks: Use a +12 to +14 green grade offhand or grunil. You can buy cheap offhands on the special deals, such as Krea, Bares, Seleth, Rosar or Azwell. You can also buy other offhands such as the Steel Dagger if you want to sell them afterwards.

21 to 32 failstacks: Use PRI or DUO grunil. I would recommend keeping your armor if you get boss armor so you can use these to failstack on. You can also use PRI or DUO armor/weapons if you have extra pieces. They do cost a lot more to repair but grunil enhances much easier and you can often lose your failstacks at this point. Also, if the armor/weapons are successful they will be useful later down the line as multiple attempts for PEN.

33 to 45 failstacks: Use DUO or TRI armor/weapons.

46 to 55 failstacks: Use TRI or TET grunil pieces. If they get to TET you can sell them and they are often bought out.

56 to 100 failstacks: Use TRI boss armor/weapons or for PEN attempts on your armor/weapons

100+ failstacks:
    Use these for PEN attempts on your armor/weapons or PEN attempts on yellow grade accessories

GEAR PROGRESSION
    This part of the guide will go into more detail about optimizing your AP/DP and getting the most of your money. It will show “checkpoints” for your gear and what most classes should be aiming for. Gear Progression is very RNG, especially at the higher gear scores and it really depends on what items you can obtain. Some items such as boss pieces and accessories can be a struggle but this part of the guide will show what is best in terms of optimization or what to aim for if you are unsure.

Remember when improving your gear you should prioritise Awakening Weapon > Main Weapon > Secondary Weapon > Armor > Accessories
    You should also keep spare accessories as backups in case they break when you enhance them, and keep your armor to failstack on when you get boss armor.

I’m using Grunil set for this example because it’s a good set for all classes. But you can use whichever set is best for your playstyle and class. I’m also using Ranger weapons but you can check out our class guides for more information on which are the best weapons for your class.

[​IMG]

• +7 Yuria Longbow
    • Dagger of Sealed Magical Power
    • +5 Grunil Helmet
    • Roaring Magical Armor
    • +5 Grunil Gloves
    • +5 Grunil Shoes
    • Jarette’s Ring
    • Jarette’s Ring
    • Jarette’s Earring
    • Jarette’s Earring
    • Jarette’s Necklace
    • Jarette’s Belt
    This is your beginner gear and what you should aim to have at level 50. If possible, use the Jarette accessory set, otherwise aim for Bares accessories or anything that has higher AP. For your main hand I recommend using either Yuria or Krea.

[​IMG]

• +15 Yuria Longbow
    • +15 Steel Dagger
    • +15 Grunil Helmet
    • Roaring Magical Armor
    • +15 Grunil Gloves
    • +15 Grunil Shoes
    • Jarette’s Ring
    • Jarette’s Ring
    • Jarette’s Earring
    • Jarette’s Earring
    • Jarette’s Necklace
    • Jarette’s Belt
    You should now be aiming to get +15 on your armor and weapons. Switch your offhand to a better one specifically for your class.

[​IMG]

• I PRI: Liverto Longbow
    • I PRI: Heiress’s Kamasylven Sword
    • I PRI: Steel Dagger
    • I PRI: Grunil Helmet
    • Roaring Magical Armor
    • I PRI: Grunil Gloves
    • I PRI: Grunil Shoes
    • Mark of Shadow
    • Mark of Shadow
    • Witch’s Earring
    • Witch’s Earring
    • II DUO: Bares Necklace
    • I PRI: Belt of Shultz the Gladiator
    PRI your armor/offhand and switch to a PRI Liverto as soon as you have the money or resources to do so. At this point you’ll also want to work on better accessories. You may be around level 56 now so use either the green grade or blue grade awakening and get it to PRI as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

• II DUO: Liverto Longbow
    • II DUO: Ultimate Heiress’s Kamasylven Sword
    • II DUO: Ultimate Steel Dagger
    • II DUO: Ultimate Grunil Helmet
    • II DUO: Ultimate Grunil Armor
    • II DUO: Ultimate Grunil Gloves
    • II DUO: Ultimate Grunil Shoes
    • Mark of Shadow
    • Mark of Shadow
    • Witch’s Earring
    • Witch’s Earring
    • II DUO: Bares Necklace
    Next you want to Ultimate your gear. DUO your weapons and armor first, then switch the Roaring Magical Armor for a DUO grunil piece.

[​IMG]

• II DUO: Ultimate Grunil Gloves
    • I PRI: Mark of Shadow
    • I PRI: Witch’s Earring
    • III TRI: Bares Necklace
    Now it’s time to work on your accessories. Get PRI on your earrings and rings. Then if possible try to aim for TRI bares. If you have better accesories from drops or boxes, then use those instead.

[​IMG]

• II DUO: Bheg’s Gloves
    • II DUO: Mark of Shadow
    • II DUO: Witch’s Earring
    • II DUO: Belt of Shultz the Gladiator
    At this point you should be using Night Vendor and attending world bosses to try and get your boss armor and weapons. You want to aim to get Bheg’s first.

[​IMG]

• III TRI: Ultimate Heiress’s Kamasylven Sword
    • III TRI: Ultimate Steel Dagger
    TRI your awakening weapon and offhand. You want to get all of your accessories to DUO by this point as well.

[​IMG]

• III TRI: Liverto Longbow
    • III TRI: Dandelion Kamasylven Sword
    • III TRI: Ultimate Steel Dagger
    • III TRI: Ultimate Grunil Helmet
    • III TRI: Ultimate Grunil Armor
    • III TRI: Ultimate Grunil Shoes
    Now you want to ideally switch to Dandelion awakening weapon. Get your main hand to TRI and your grunil pieces to TRI.

[​IMG]

• IV TET: Ultimate Steel Dagger
    • IV TET: Bares Necklace
    At this point you may have more boss pieces or better accessories. Your offhand should be TET at this point and if you still have the bares necklace you can also get this to TET for a slight AP increase.

[​IMG]

• III TRI: Nouver Dagger
    • II DUO: Serap’s Necklace
    • II DUO: Basilisk’s Belt
    Here you want to ideally switch your offhand for a TRI Nouver and chance your belt and necklace to DUO basilisk’s and serap’s or orge ring.

[​IMG]

• IV TET: Dandelion Kamasylven Sword
    • III TRI: Nouver Dagger
    • II DUO: Giath’s Helmet
    • II DUO: Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor
    • II DUO: Muskan’s Shoes
    • III TRI: Mark of Shadow
    • III TRI: Witch’s Earring
    By now you should be aiming for the rest of your boss armor and TET on your Dandelion with 2 TRI accesories.

[​IMG]

• IV TET: Kzarka Longbow
    • IV TET: Dandelion Kamasylven Sword
    • IV TET: Nouver Dagger
    • III TRI: Giath’s Helmet
    • III TRI: Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor
    • III TRI: Bheg’s Gloves
    • III TRI: Muskan’s Shoes
    TRI your rings and earrings and aim for TRI on your armor. You should aim for TET on all of your weapons too. You may have got Karka before this point and may want to switch to it earlier, but until it is TET there is only an accuracy difference and it may not be optimal to switch because of the amount of money you’ll be spending for little gain. There are better items/enhancements you could spend your resources on up to this point.

[​IMG]

• IV TET: Kzarka Longbow
    • V PEN: Dandelion Kamasylven Sword
    • IV TET: Nouver Dagger
    • IV TET: Giath’s Helmet
    • IV TET: Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor
    • IV TET: Bheg’s Gloves
    • IV TET: Muskan’s Shoes
    • III TRI: Ring of Crescent Guardian
    • II DUO: Ogre Ring
    • III TRI: Basilisk’s Belt
    Now you’ll be wanting to switch your accessories again and aim for TET or even PEN on your items.

[​IMG]

• V PEN: Kzarka Longbow
    • V PEN: Dandelion Kamasylven Sword
    • V PEN: Nouver Dagger
    • IV TET: Giath’s Helmet
    • IV TET: Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor
    • IV TET: Bheg’s Gloves
    • IV TET: Muskan’s Shoes
    • IV TET: Witch’s Earring
    • IV TET: Witch’s Earring
    • III TRI: Ogre Ring
    • III TRI: Basilisk’s Belt
    At this point these are the best accessories in terms of AP optimization. But you may want to switch to accuracy earrings/rings before now. If you reach this point then you should know what you want to do with your gear.

Vorkrunne and RamblingRose like this.
  15. Spielkind

Spielkind Spielkind Wizard 58 EU

You forgot a TL;DR at the top :D

16. Socka

what do you mean? it's perfect. :o

17. Yumua

Welp, not going to win but will at least try lol

Black Desert - Enhancement System
    Greetings fellow adventurers, today's thread is regarding the enhancement system, and how it works! If you have any more questions feel free to ask in the reply section, or through PMs. Anyways, let's start!

• What is the enhancement system? Before getting more knowledge about it, a brief description on what it is should be helpful! The enhancement system was implemented so that you can "enchant" items, thus increasing their stats. It's the most essential factor for the true endgame of Black Desert, and for the game's progression in general. By using the enhancement system you're able to defeat higher leveled mobs, and players!
    • How do I go to the enhancement page? First of all, to enable the enhancement tab you must finish the "ruins storyline" which will be part of the 2nd grade tutorial, so don't worry about that! After the ruins story is completed, you click "," and your little friend should come for your help. Once that is done, you should see an Enhancement tab to the right of the Quest tab.
    [​IMG]

• Alright, I got it! Now how do I enhance? It's pretty simple! To enhance armor, you need Black Stone (Armor). To enhance weapons, you need Black Stone (Weapon). Click "," and then the Enhancement tab. After that, right click the item that you'd like to enhance! Once you've selected it, it should automatically be in the left box
    [​IMG]

• Now what? From here on, it's even simpler! Depending on the type of item you chose, the black stone will be highlighted. Right click on the black stone, and click Enhancement! I highly recommend not using Force-Enhance, as it consumes more black stones and automatically reduces your durability. Important notice: Armor can go up 'till +5 with 100% of a level up. After that, you have an X amount of chance to successfully level up your item. For weapons, they can go up to +7 'till it's the chance game as well.
    • Black stones aren't working on my accessories? Well, that's simple. The same system is applied for accessories, but there are 3 different factors. 1. To enhance your accessories, you require the same item instead of black stones. 2. If the enchantment fails even at the first try, both items will be destroyed and you'll be left with nothing. 3. There are only 5 levels for accessories.
    • How levels work: Unlike other enchantment systems for other MMOs, BDO's changes a bit. For Armor & Weapons, you firstly go until Level 15. If you wish to go higher, then you require concentrated black stones (Recipe will be at the bottom). Then, the levels go as the following; I - II - III - IV - V | As you can see, they turn into Greek numerals. It basically continues, so as you can guess the maximum times you can enchant an armor / weapon piece is 20. For accessories, they automatically skip to the Greek numerals, thus you can only level them 5 times.
    • What are failstacks? Failstacks are one of the, if not the most important factor when enhancing high leveled weapons. Every time an enchantment fails, you receive +1 failstack. The more of these you get, the more chances you have to level up. So if you manage to gain +10 Failstacks, you have a higher chance of leveling a weapon instead of with none.
    • Concentrated Black Stone (Armor): x1 Sharp Black Crystal Shard - x2 Black Stone (Armor)
    • Concentrated Black Stone (Weapon): x1 Sharp Black Crystal Shard - x2 Black Stone (Weapon)

18. FluffyQuack

19. Spielkind

Spielkind Spielkind Wizard 58 EU

I did joined the Thread, and then I saw your first entry and scrolled and scrolled and scrolled and... damn xD

20. Angwar