1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here is guide on how to grind hystria as sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by TwisterLover, May 6, 2018.

1. TwisterLover

This is how to grind hystria rotation at average AP sorc.
    I have been here for long time after patch for testing and found this is best route so far...
    Average AP - 1600-1650 Trash Drop. Only alch stone, villa, and food and elixer.

I have just gotten compass... It took me almost a year to get all of the pieces mostly elten.

It is now much easier to abuse blade of darkness on sorc allowing you to grind night time without any grim elixir. You throw one after you pull and wait till they aggro onto the blade of darkness completely to throw another one to get full timing on blade of darkness. This is difficult if your DP is low because your block break faster. You don't need to throw 2 if your DP is high enough (Your block does not break as fast) or if you have enough ap to clear. Generally if your AP is high, your dp will be enough because of the renoun score, so you don't need to throw the initial blade of darkness. All is preference... even some spots you can throw 2 others throw one etc.... You can left click A/D in Awakening to abuse the avoidance of attack... but it is not as reliable anymore I won't do often as before where I would hold it forever.

Time the attacks of the mobs is key of not getting hit and not dying. Many noobs die because they don't understand the importance of timing of the attacks of the mobs. If you need to reset then do so. The last time I died in hystria in the past over half of year grinding here is from either setting up my tent accidentally or greifing a player. If you see any player that is not a Ranger or Sorc, you can go ahead and greif them regardless of your AP. They will not outhit you unless they have a 15-20 AP difference. The amount of low efficiency players grinding here becomes annoying from the hype of streamers, and also it is becoming difficult to take a free spot like before. Once they have killed you from flagging is when you are able to send them to jail and grind peacefully. While you wait for the flag, know that sorc is the second fastest grind in hystria. When the noob extends their rotation for no reason, wait for the chance to take the main camps as shown in the video. This will make them very mad and you will profit if you are still on channel swap, also you are profiting more than them. And then when those camps are complete gone, that is when you steal their mobs and grind over them. In hystria, the key for greifing is not showing any emotion until you completely take their spot whether if they swap a channel or if you have taken him into jail or have stopped grinding to watch you, that is when you can start your BM. Against ranger, it is best to just declare war on their guild. It is easy to make them die to mobs due to how garbage ranger evasive utility is against sorc. If the ranger is undeclarable, just swich channel. In cases you see a sorc, it is best just to be good manner and leave because she is your sister.

If you wonder why you are not getting as much drop as me or as much even if your higher AP than average gears? It is because gear/level, buffs, backattack, how fast pulling is. Most noob grind sorc I have seen have such low efficiency when they don't abuse backattack fully. There may be a mob that is facing you which decreasing your efficiency by a lot. There also is no chance of dying if pulling correctly even with 240 AP setting because of how strong blade of darkness is. Night time grinding is easy. This is also the best time to secure a spot because many noob grinders become scared at this time and go AFK. Night time as sorc you may need to iframe more if your DP is lower since your block break significantly faster. Once you are experienced, you are able to grind without tension.

If you wonder why your mobs are not grouping proper it is because of several things. It may be because of how garbage your use of blade of darkness is. Like said you need to wait for the mob to aggro it. The most common issue is when players are pre-pulling is done incorrectly. I do not do it perfectly, but when you mess up, you need to make sure the pre-pulling is corrected before you group them up. Understand the movement of the mobs can be abused much for faster pulling, if you move left far but the mob has not even started walking to you, and then you move elsewhere, the mob will follow the old shadow of you. The mob will not directly come straight at you. This is most important for corner pulling. Making sure the mobs are properly positioned before settling your spot to group. The hardest pull of getting right is vodkhan. If you are not pulling against wall corner for abusing, you want to make sure when you use blade of darkness, you want the vodkhan to aggro the blade first. This isn't worried much once your rotation becomes perfect.

Best way to get blade of darkness aggro?
    Many people have trouble with this the most. I have been doing multiple testing on this and I have concluded the best method as shown in the video. The biggest problem is having the mobs to aggro the blade. There are few things that I have found out when throwing the blade that are important: timing, position. If throwing at the right time, and having the blade properly placed will increase the success rates of the aggro. There are sweet spots. When throwing the blade, make sure the mobs are finished attacking.
    For the two made method aggro, after trials, I have found that the left a/d take aggro off of you. This does not work 100% of the time, but it works as you see in the video worked almost every time. Throw the blade of darkness for pre set up, when they are almost all pulled together, start Left click A/D (spin at the wall). This will force the aggro off of the mobs from you to the blade due to A/D mechanic. Then at the right time when mobs do not attack is when you throw the blade.
    It also seems that either position of your character/damage vs your blade also impacts whether or not the mobs will aggro towards the blade. It seems that throwing two blades, one as a set up is best in most scenarios pulls (At higher AP, you really only need to throw one pre set up, and your damage should be enough to kill it before the mobs are finished aggoring the blade).
    Also, the best way as said above to pull vodkhan is to have the vodkhan aggro the blade of darkness on the first blade. For some reason the vodkhan will always melee when aggroed by the blade of darkness. I am sorry but I did not show in my video. This applies in my rotation specifically when I am over pulling (The first pull by the doors). Instead of what I have done in the video, leash the mobs -> pre throw one blade of darkness) -> walk away from the blade of darkness ( Go towards where you came from). Like said, let the vodkhan aggro the blade first, if the mob sees the blade (based on distance), it will go to it first even if you aggroed it. This is the best way for that pull to make it perfect as possible.

How to choose correct rotation? This is the best rotation on sorc tested to this date. Because of the pulls distance and wall abuse. You now wonder is how to choose rotation. Many player start of looking at video and doing whole rotation. The key is to modify a higher AP rotation to your own. The bigger the rotation you have, over time the lower the efficiency is due to the mobs being pulled. It is best to make a smallest rotation possible with your clear speed. It also helps you not mess up pulls. An Example is in this video, if you are 240 AP, you can subtract the pull in the circle area I have done. Why subtract this specific pull? You can tell it is a garbage pull compared to the others of how many tukar there are. Use the database for many information on why the pulls is more garbage: https://bddatabase.net/us/item/44267/

You can maybe find higher AP sorc video on hystria and add in there... It is also important to know rotations and pulling has been changing constantly recently... because of the efficiency. But it is generally the same. Here is a video I have taken of rotation with higher AP:

PvE buffs:
    For PvE buffs, the main ones are:
    Midnight stinger - AP
    Absolute Darkness - Crit + Accuracy
    Violation - HP Heal + Casting speed

Heres the explanation of why I choose these skill addons. Absolute darkness is obvious, you are able to get ~70% crit at all times. The accuracy is more on absolute darkness is more than skill addon for violation if you use accuracy addon for it. Having heal on violation makes it so you don't need grim elixir. On NA server, grim is becoming costly. It is enough sustain from violation + other heal skills to sustain in hystria if done correctly. Also I don't see any difference having grim anymore with the new higher damage in hystria for sorc because you need to pay attention because of the new damage buff the mob has gotten. Before you were able to be sloppy and not pay attention if you ran grim elixir.

There are other things that can be run such as giant elixirs, back attack elixir, etc... but I am too lazy to make or test any of the values.. maybe if I use a loot scroll increase I would use items. It is most important to use food buffs (I am using serendia, kamasive, valencia, hamburg), Villa buff, and alch stone. To have these 3 things is enough from my experience.

Skills?
    Main skills I think you need to keep up is start with Q buff, keep crowflare+beatkick on mobs debuffs, midnight stinger AP buff, and aboslute darkness debuff. It also seems that awakening skills does alot of damage, it is good to use. If your violation is on cooldown, you can try using no shard, single violation on the mobs. It is more damage and easier but it is more stamina. But make sure to always hit the mobs if you are using violation shard and always make sure the direction of the violation hits the back of the mobs for max damage.

If you have any questions you can ask on my video comments. I wrote this because I got bored of grinding here for so long. It is fun but not when you grind constantly. This is what was on my mind, if I think of anything more I will edit it below.

219 ap sorc btw:

Some ask:
    So for sorc it is better too go to hystria?
    What AP/DP do i need?

As long as you get 900-1k trash drop in hystria, it is worth to grind here. Maybe 220-230 AP with perfect pulling on sorc.
    "You will make roughly same money at hystria then temple with 900-1k trash drop per hour. Then you include yellow accessories, then hystria becomes too much better. And then you compare getting a group, elixers, class, gear of other players, etc for temple... then you realize how much garbage temple money is compared to hystria if your making 900+ trash at hystria. Classes that are garbage at hystria are most likely garbage at temple. So if you are the same AP, most likely at a sorc you are doing most dps in the group except rangers. It is better to abuse the solo grind than to carry temple groups".
    The main difference is at temple, you can have players with easier skills to carry you or gear carry. In hystria it can sometimes get frustrating with fail pulls and want to go to temple because of low efficiency. The higher AP you are, the lower you will feel this. Having higher AP on sorc will make the grind significantly much easier because you will not have to worry about many things since the mobs will be cleared instantly. However that does not mean you are grinding efficient as possible and your efficiency will drop significantly compared to someone who have many experience grinding here. I say this a lot but it is not as difficult to grind here, it is only difficult to learn. Once you have it down it will feel easy. I have also recently went back to temple a few times for my kuno level. If you get players like me that do not know how to pull, it is very difficult to get a full group that knows how to pull. Not only that, people who think they know how to pull, are sometimes so ****ing **** at pulling, lowering the efficiency greatly. 1 player can effect the 4 party member's efficiency, whether if it is pulling, afking, improper skill rotation, garbage gear, improper skill add-ons, and more. It is almost impossible to grind group groups as most efficient as possible because of all of these factors unless you have the AP required to over clear the rotation. Also elixir management is very frustrating. It is the same as comparing some new sorc efficiency to mine at hystria. This is why solo grind is the best.
    Note that I started deleted a lot of things written on this thread and initially not post a true full guide to grind here because of efficiency competition and market, however this will allow you to be able to start at hystria grinding. Anything I have written on this thread that has been deleted still holds true. Sorry

253 ap nouver vs kutum:

w/o as shown above:
    Average 15 minute: 358
    Average 1 hour = 1432

w tet kutum
    average 15 min: 410
    average 1 hour = 1640

#1 TwisterLover, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Khybur, Irini, Bumggez and 9 others like this.
  2. tylon

Thank you for this, my sorc is too much of a newbie to attempt this right now, but it helps to see how other people use the class. I will watch the entire video when I get out of work. Cheers :)

3. Zozi

One thing I'm wondering about is the offhand.. what crystals and which one? Currently i'm at 259 ap with nouver with one valtarra and one back attack, is it worth getting kutum or is the differense so minimal there's no point?. Is there any truth to the rumour going around about hystria being kamasylvia mobs?

4. TwisterLover

Hi,
    I have not tested all offhand crystal. Backattack is garbage crystal. Maybe use crit because you have 70+% all times. It also is cheap. Or use what you use for PvP if use nouver.
    High AP not tested if kutum > nouver. People say 260+ nouver better. Low AP tested kutum > nouver significantly

5. ItsPrime

great guide
    [​IMG]

6. Codyislucky

Thanks for this. I'll have to give it a try when I have time.

What is your opinion on the viability of doing this at level 59/240AP/Pen Kutum?

What do I do when all the channels are cleared by hackers? But in reality, how many people can farm hysteria on one channel without clashing?

7. TwisterLover

Hi, it is best if you get level 60 first for accuracy on mobs. For hacker it doesn't matter as of now on NA server. They leave instantly after they see you so it isn't as a big problem. Even at level 61 I miss a lot of attack with many accuracy. You can tell when you use evasion debuff for test on skills

#7 TwisterLover, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  8. TwisterLover

Delete

#8 TwisterLover, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Zozi likes this.
  9. Zozi

keep the updates going i do really appreciate it. What crystals did you use in your offhand?@TwisterLover

10. Codyislucky

Could you make a video or map showing where to go once you get into the Hysteria dungeon? Is it pretty straight forward once you get in there or is it pretty hard to find your way to the suggested rotation?

11. TwisterLover

Hi, I have tested back attack crystal. It is good but garbage at the same time because if a mob is not facing you, it will increase the time it takes to clear the pull compared to overall more damage.

Crit offhand may do the most damage because the crit level is 70%~+ at all times. AP crystal is good for survivability. I am not sure the damage differences, it is probably not as significant. Use what you use for pvp or use crit because of cheaper, I am using crit offhand for the recent giant elixer test. Thank you

12. TwisterLover

Hi, it is pretty straight forward. Hystria is pretty much a box, just go into one direction left or right and you can find it. There was a map somewhere on inven posted along time ago...

Codyislucky likes this.
  13. Beyond Magic

First of all. Thanks for the guide, it's helped me a bunch and i'm starting to get hang of hystria..slowly.

Is crow flare/beat kick really that useful? Since they only debuff attackspeed,evasion and don't do that much damage.
    I'm just trying to understand the purpose of those abilities while trying to kill mobs fast.

edit: Are any of the ultimate skills recommended for these combos? Like ultimate midnight stinger, crow flare etc?

Thank you in advance.

#13 Beyond Magic, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  14. TwisterLover

yes it is very important, you can test it yourself. You should have ultimate skill on every skill you use often. If you are 260+ AP with giant elixer, you don't need to Q buff

#14 TwisterLover, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  15. Beyond Magic

Atm im 234/236ap with tet kutum. Still mastering pulls/combos. Currently im kinda averaging maybe 700-800 trash per hour with just foodbuffs but im pretty sure ill get it to +900 once i figure out few things. 1 or 2 ap would give me +10 non awaken ap as well.

16. TwisterLover

use sturdy/sharp alc stone. It is significant

17. Beyond Magic

yea im using destr spirit stone.

18. TwisterLover

sharp/sturdy because of casting speed/attack speed increase

19. Durakus

Thanks, I'll take a serious look at this after work some time and see if I can get back on track for grinding/money making

20. skinnies

Thank you for the guide! I'm currently a little over 900 trashloot per hour but my pulls are pretty bad (working on it though).

The last times it took me about 25 mins to find a portal and a bit longer to find a hystria one. Is there a way to find hystria portal faster?

It seems portals change location too? Is that right?
    Have only done hystria twice.