1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden flow skills?? WHY???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Dremlock

Could you at least tell me what my abilities do? I get that BDO loves layers upon layers of bull **** unncessary information withholding but how the **** am I supposed to find out what my abilities even do without idiot monkey-slamming my keyboard with every possible combination????

For example, where does it say in game that you can cancel Penetrating Wind with Charging Wind?

I dunno maybe I missed something, but that's a pretty big ****ing deal and to omit that in the skill description is dumb.

I understand other classes have this same problem

CAN YOU AT LEAST TELL US WHAT OUR ABILITIES DO???

2. Asterotis

Just tap 3rf in rapid succession

3. Dremlock

wasn't that the kung fu master combo in blade and soul?

Josh28 and Asterotis like this.
  4. Asterotis

Yus :3 #PlatKFM ftw... and then never again cuz the game sucks now, the combo is now 2rf and I dun like that.

5. Spartakatz

You must be new to the game?
    It's full of hidden mechanics, it took years until they revealed at least some of the hidden stats on items. There are still hidden base stats on characters, hidden stat increase on levelups, hidden defenses vs magic/ranged/melee, hidden additional damage mechanics ("species"?), hidden chances, etc...
    Figuring out what skills can connect to others is rather easy there.

Fateneko likes this.
  6. Dremlock

you must be new to the game? you know WHY they changed the hidden stats?

Because players literally ass blasted them into oblivion, not the least of which was me personally.

https://community.blackdesertonline...stats-about-time-you-start-showin-them.94188/

aswedishtiger and EnGenX like this.
  7. chendu

IF I remember it right when this game Launched they said there where untold combo for player to find (best example is the sorc which had shitload of untold ting)

TL;DR play your class and GIT GUD

Rah97 likes this.
  8. Spartakatz

Yep, was just saying there is still a ton of hidden things, and combos being the smallest problem.

CW after PW is long known since 2,5 years, see http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/92502-hidden-combos/ (funny fact it took also 2,5 years to fix that crossing wind I has actually to be learned to use it)

9. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

This is something I honestly don't mind being hidden. I like a little mystery about a class and people who really understand their class can figure these flows out. Like the old hidden Valk combos with SoJ canceling. You could see when the game first came out that a Valk knew a bit more about their class when they weren't just CS/SL canceling their SoJ for those extended combos.

Fateneko, ViktoryiaV, Andaro and 2 others like this.
  10. Dremlock

I wouldn't classify this as a small problem. Moreover, to say "oh there are other problems" does not solve this problem

For the same reason stats shouldn't be hidden, you shouldn't have to dig through 2 years of arcane tomes to find out how your abilities work. PW > CW is just one example. Some classes absolutely do not function like Valk unless they have cancels and no where in game is this information to be found.

this is arbitrarily prohibitive and rather than us wasting another two years playing PA apologist, can we just get passed this bull **** which we've already established to be in poor taste??

I have an infinitesimal amount of patience for it at this point.

11. Spartakatz

I can't disagree here, I think hidden things should go to adventure and puzzle games. Or quests when it comes to BDO.

Just surprised you're angry about not having discovered an old cancel (can also be canceled with evasive shot, which isn't mentioned), and not the other things where people are still mostly speculating how they work. And the balance overall.

12. PancakeRift

Complaining about not getting your hand held in an MMO... Wow dude, how about you explore your class and get creative. Step outside of the box. Dont be a drone that only follows text on screen.

This games combat is built like a fighting game, not an MMO. Fighting games have animation cancels and combos that are hidden too. If you think you are missing something watch a YouTube video, ask a vet for PvP tips, or just go flag up and throw random attacks out there till you find new things. Thats what I did, its far more fun that way.

13. Dremlock

I feel like I'm running on a hamster wheel of explaining to new sets of players why they are wrong.

isn't that the definition of insanity? doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? I'm having an existential crisis.

EDIT:
    to clarify, the different result is not that I would change your mind, but rather that after I changed your mind there would be another equally wrong person to follow you and I'd have to change their mind too.

Souljester likes this.
  14. PancakeRift

The fact is, hand holding in MMO's has NEVER been welcome. Blatant statistic denial is wrong too, that is just simply because enhancing is very costly, if gear was cheap Id have no issue with this. Cheap gear would provide a realistic approach to gear building. Where costly gear restricts that potential freedom.

However having variables in combat engagements due to how inquisitive and skilled you are is welcome. The fact you cant find flows shows your inexperience with fighting game mechanics. It shows your unwillingness to try new button combo's while grinding for hours on end. That is your fault, they should not have to tell you these things that is common knowledge already.

The whole "Git Gud" meme is dumb, though it seriously applies to you at this moment. These "hidden" flows allow you to create your own combat style. No MMO out there allows you to do that.

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Heh..you must not know who Dremlock is....

Back when PvP used to be fun.

Maginha, Fateneko, Thelemna and 2 others like this.
  16. Spartakatz

fun clip :)

but not sure what you mean, what was better then? i didn't really like the no-brain facetank sa rotations. killing speed in the clip was as fast as it is now. the theory of the new system "either protection or cc" is much better, unfortunately they weren't consequent as several classes can still pull that off.

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Renown BS.
    Along with the total half a$$ed combat adjustment...Attempting to fix 3 issues, they broke 15 or more in the process, then gave up.

#17 Kynreaa, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  18. PancakeRift

Then why the crying then?

Legit every "hidden" flow has been found. When a new class comes out the KR players have found them before we even get access. Legit the only class that took the playerbase a while to understand was Sorc.

This complaint is dumb.

Sevyrn likes this.
  19. Blusurfer

Should I tell you the very unlikely key combo to allow you to gain 500% XP boost?

Nah... stuff you. That'd be hand holding right. Work it out yourself.

Dremlock likes this.
  20. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

Ahhhh the good old days of kicking BAKA's teeth in during world pvp.... Actually, just the good old days of world pvp :/

Anyone remember fighting over grindspots before renown changes where the fight were close calls and more than a single knockdown win scenario?

Also, on topic, it would be great if animatiom cancels and transitions were documented in-game. 3/4 of the playerbase would still be too dumb to use them anyway