1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden flow skills?? WHY???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Dremlock

i'm concerned by the damaged remnants of the bdo community. At this point the only remaining players have such severe stockholm syndrome that they enable PAs bad behavior. Certainly after getting **** on for so long in every possible respect by kakao, the only remaining players are those masochists who either enjoy being **** on or find a way to justify it.

At this point players are so apathetic or damage that their mentality is just "PA lying? Who cares? PA not telling us things? Who cares?"

As everyone quits this game I'm running into this more and more frequently. Anyone left offers up infinite excuses as to why they either don't care about the state of things or are simply ok with it being bad.

again: if you don't want to know your flow skills, don't read. For everyone else, tell us what our abilities do.

2. Blusurfer

Ouch! So hurt. lol

So I guess tool tips are hand holding?

3. Spartakatz

on one hand, dremlock has a point.
    on the other hand, it's indeed not unusual that not every combo is listed in some manual.

- charging wind comes out almost instantly, natural thing to try it after other decent skills - it's not that ranger has a lot of them.
    - dash cancels a couple of things, not mentioned, e.g. the awakening ulti and others.
    - i just learned few weeks ago about shift+q+lmb+a/d, a wotw alternative which allows instant direction switch
    - call from sky doesn't mention that it also triggers after kick or switch from awakening->preawakening
    - sharp feather works entirely different than the description (kick followed by any good hit, and not a good kick)
    - nothing mentioned about which skills can interrupt fury arrow

Grammatolo likes this.
  4. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

this topic is just stupid.
    Play lego there is a manual there.

Factorial likes this.
  5. Factorial

This is what I am thinking: Drem seems to have the attitude of a newbie wanting every single thing on a platter handed out to him. You play the game and learn advance tactics or stay a scrub and never learn. For vet, this is something that should be autonomic.

I don't understand how he doesn't understand that there are basic mechanics which are given and then there are advance mechanics which you just learn from either experience, research, or sheer dumb luck.

I think the problem is that BDO has dumbed so many things down that there is now a new entitled school of thought emerging that expects to be spoon fed every iota of information. Perhaps its time to get ride of training wheel mechanics such as quest waypoints, combo guides, auto pathing, etc.

It's so much cringe to see a so called vet not understanding basic, asinine principles. Never thought I'd see the day.

PancakeRift likes this.
  6. Damn funny that because someone disagrees with op that they must be a Kakao cuck when some of these people express appropriate discontent when PA or Kakao does something fked up. This is just not one of those things.

Oh, you got cc’ed in the middle of a skill that says it’s protected? Is it happening consistently? Are you noticing that it only happens during certain parts of the skill? Congratulations, you just learned your skill has a hole in its protection and you just had to play to figure that out.

Maybe play striker if you want a lower skill floor with few cancels and protections that mostly span the duration of skills.

I typically enjoy drem’s content, but this is a dumb hill to die on.

PancakeRift and Factorial like this.
  7. 6footgeeks

when you mentioned flow skills i thought like the ones we have on our awakenings

seems like you're talking about Anicancels and such

Im heavily conflicted about this topic

On one hand, classes, including 1,2,3 classes and head on keyboard classes like witchard and mistake/strokers have a lot of hidden depth waiting to be mastered and unlocked by players, which was a LOT of fun on any class i played

On the other hand, finding classes absolutely unplayable in PvP unless someone sits down and finds these also sucks balls. like ranger and old valk.

8. 6footgeeks

WOAH WOAH WOAH..

strikers have trouble too you know

its difficult to see where you're going when your head is rolling on a keyboard, sometimes you can fall off a cliff. And people are starting to ask me about these strange indentations on my nose.

Lefteye likes this.
  9. jangalangz

I personally believe all the animation cancels we have found over the years are only there due to developer coding mistakes xD.

10. Dremlock

as has been explain ad nauseam at this point, there is a difference between the execution of your abilities and their functionality when you press the button. The mechanics of a skill when you press the button should be explained. And in large part they are. I'd be less concerned if there was consistency. If this game never told you how any flow skills worked

A dumb hill to die on? Usually enjoy my "content"? Do you think my forum posts or concerns are some ****ing act I'm supposed to be entertaining you with? **** off. There is nothing I despise more than elitism and withholding information. Also you're a tamer so it goes without saying you are probably more ok than the average player with living in a horrible situation.

I'm on the fence about this. The fact that flows have such horrible animations makes me think you are correct. Like for example the ranger ability penetrating wind is canceled with a dumb spinning kick. it looks awful. And it only seems to work because the game thinks the kick is landing when it's actually an arrow that is connecting.

That sounds like a bug.

But if it is a bug, why haven't they fixed it? Do they intend for it to be in the game? I kind of doubt they care. But if they do intend for it to be in game they should apply the same considerations they do for other skills and us what the skill does.

what's more is since these are possibly bugs it's even more necessary to tell ppl since they could be patched on a whim and it would be even more frustrating to be certain of the status of things.

11. Rayin

Ah, the good ol' protest where Bloo has been banned, a minor part of the community imbued with high morality started to call it an "Hacker", "Pirate", "Scum", "Thief" and did some hearthfelt speeches about how it stole their intellectual properties - deserving to be jailed - and PA officially started to piss in their own pants because the game at that time could still risk to die due bad choices made and people were creating accounts just to type that they were crap, forcing the hand of lifeskillers too with that wrong Kansas City move performed out of nowhere...

...which has led us to the fabulous "Renown Score & AP Bracket Bonus" as counter-measure, because they wanted to help us to enjoy BDO more and not get one shotted from everyone.
    Reworking DP scaling would've been too good, so nope. New era, new stats, new BDO, new catch-up system to widen the gap between HC players and newbies, adding also a way to help people with disposable income to get there while people in countries with a low wage must suck it up. Here we go also with PvP changes.

What wonderful times we witnessed, BDO now is greater than ever. Brb, gonna melt costume and join a SMH guild, so i can get even this payout from Siege guilds rotating mercs with an apposite Discord, and finally reach the end-game, which is leave BDO in tray and play any MOBA released.

12. Dremlock

are you suggesting we got renown because Blue information leaked hidden stats?

13. Rayin

That was their counter-move obviously, if you look at how it went they basically gave us a small break of some months just to come up with it, as if we asked them to kill the build diversity and focus more on AP.
    We were complaining about Nouver being too weak compared to Kutum & Vangertz before they revealed us those stats, then we got their official response, that they would buff it and buff every gold accessory as at least in EU & some in KR were using Accuracy accessories.
    And when we've seen its stats, we started to freak out, as many of us invested in an item that stat wise was really lower compared to Vangertz & Kutum, except for a miserable 10 extra AP that at that time weren't so gamebreaking nor so OP except for Witch & Wizards.

"We're going to reveal hidden stats as you wanted, in fact we're going to make them so transparent that from on now you'll just focus solely on stats and nothing else".

Not saying that we shouldn't have protested, i'm saying that PA is like a Djinn from oriental culture, you ask for a partner that will never break up with you and they turn your request into some deformed monstruosity that sucks your bone marrow, sneaking in your body like a worm.

14. Dremlock

i hadn't considered this .. but you're right. this is blue's fault

the CC system is deserving of a thread in itself.

Bottom line is, in a competitive sense, all of this culminates to: BDO pvp is bad. The lack of information. The arbitrary convolution. The lack of class balance. The lack of consistency. The RNG. Not even to mention getting into gear discrepancies which is a separate issue. All of it together just makes bdo pvp bad.

It's fun when you mindlessly node war or rbf, but when you put it under a microscope and ask "does this make sense?" the answer is no.

BUT IT CAN BE FIXED. If we chip away at these issues one by one. And an easy first start would to simply say "hey this ability can be used quickly after this other ability". And for the most part they do that. But they can do it better.

15. Dremlock

this one is very intuitive but they should probably add this one too to the skill description

BONUS Benefit of increased information transparency: It would make class switching less of a nightmare, which already costs $50 of weapon swap coupons or countless hours of gear swapping preparation.

16. Rayin

My idea is simple.

Hidden stats: you don't know what you're going for, so you must experiment and with a tier item system, you're going to spend obviously on the ones that have a "higher" rarity because you think that they're the best, even tho your experience tells you otherwise and in case of Nouver it has been proven to be true. So you're going to spend money enhancing various stuff, especially Yellow Grade ones and therefore money in AM and such, to experiment the best build for yourself.
    Periodical meta changes through the tweak of some equipments that aren't advertised, force you to go again through the enhancing process, forcing you to spend more money periodically.

Visible Stats: You see them, plain and simple. You know what's best for you, you're going for it and they constantly raise the ceiling to make you chase a comet that you'll never catch.
    Releasing stats allows them to introduce new mechanics to "catch-up" or successfully enhance your gear, so that you're going to use them to bypass and "catch-up".
    Power neats you more power, so that your never-ending seek of power will be satisfied.
    Your never-ending seek of power turns you into a competitive beast even if you weren't, because now having more power means that you can even crash better your opponents. The stronger wins, the weaker sucks it up.
    The stronger is stronger, the weaker is weaker.
    Cash Shop is there to lend you an hand, so you can fairly spend if you "don't have time". Else you can just do like you always did, try your luck or wait for more free handsout, since the economy is driven by them, bots and exploiters.
    And since they can't directly control the economy in an automated system that they made in order to have less work to do, if they can't do it tweaking the price or the value of the various features/items in game, they're going to give you more equipments to "catch-up" with the rest of players without waiting for you to collect what you need, as in the end all that matters in this other system is enhancing or skipping the enhancement with a swipe, not how you got your stuff, unless you paid an external third party site.

Dremlock likes this.
  17. “Withholding information” when all you have to do is ask.

“Elitism” when all I’m saying is play the damn game and learn with others.

Maybe it’s not the game hiding things from you, but your attitude maybe making someone think twice about divulging their experience.

18. Dremlock

jesus christ Thelemna you are conflating issues here. The only group withholding information is PA.

Blusurfer likes this.
  19. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

They did not fix **** because they lack programing knowledge. Vell ship bug/pvp in every aspect (from skills to large scale battles), Node wars breaking servers when people try to siege in large amount, hidden stats (RIP BLOO, NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE ! Trough still a lot of stuff is hidden). Marketplace being dumpster on fire. Guild recruiting tab (not working since forever ) When I did look at leaked code I did understand why this game perform so bad and why they will never fix pop-up effect. Kakao is not even better, they are just as bad and slow, that why it takes so long to give us content. BTW there are still hidden character stats here for example my friend striker with same gear deal 80 dmg more with same skill (we bought same gear for test). You might be worse and lose pvp just because you roll shity hidden stats. Only thing they equalized was HP.

You know what is worst in all of this ? They are still better than competition. MMO market is pile of trash.

Dremlock likes this.
  20. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Tbh I like the idea of hidden skills. The whole aspect of "wow how did you know how to do that" - "I learned it, kiddo" is a cool one.

Drem's probably right though, it's just another thing that trashes the game's chances of being taken seriously in terms of competitive gameplay.