1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden flow skills?? WHY???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Grizabella

1. Those who remain from the very beginning are fewer and fewer and fall into 3 basic camps:
    • They have relaxed and become more casual in their play style and don't give a crap anymore.
    • They are still trying to grind to stay ahead of everyone else. These folks care but have so much time, effort and money invested that they are often a bit biased in their thinking.
    • They have become forum trolls.
    2. I do enjoy reading the responses to your posts from all those who have no clue who you are or how long you have played. Those are popcorn worthy.

2. Vanadiel

I think there's a certain amount hanging around because there's currently nothing interesting in this genre that's really better than this game.
    However, once something interesting comes along, I bet many will jump ship.

It's only a matter of time before that happens, and PA does not seem to see it coming or want to see it coming. They think this game will run for years on people grinding for the next level, or trying for the next RNG enchant of some piece of gear. Looks like they are now getting ready for PEN life skill gear with the "mastery" system for life skills. Get prepared for more of the same.

It's a shame, because PA has a lot of things they could improve upon in the game right now.
    If they would just improve upon it, it would blow fresh air into this stale game.
    Alas, they are more interested in UI improvements and remastering everything. In fact, they want you to believe they are obsessed with remastering so you would not notice how dry their content is.

Netreiam and Dremlock like this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

#63 Kynreaa, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  4. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

About point 2:
    Everyone know Dremlock is famous poet. His artwork is one of first thing when you google bdo, his even beloved muse was gm telling him to do it or else perma ban.
    Also he RP serial killer hunting down RP people on calpheon, his acting is so good I heard cries and see mountain of salt from EU. [​IMG]

Edremis likes this.
  5. Wildcard

Ey, his RPstory was poetic gold, still waiting for the sequel!

Draconnix likes this.
  6. Spartakatz

lol nub who can't even spell "programming" properly talks about he analysed the graphics engine hahaha.

7. PancakeRift

Nuh, Duskblades Quadrature cancel into shadow Prey. It would 2 shot players who'd spent thousands more than me ^.^

8. PancakeRift

A tool tip? seriously? Thats your argument? ITS A TIP, NOT A PARAGRAPH ON HOW TO PERFORM ADVANCED COMBOS.

Do you read your comment before you post?

9. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I have to admit, i actually like the fact that some of the possibilities we have with our skill sets are hidden. It separates the creative from the clones and the FOTM rerollers... Well, maybe some of them, but i kind of like that everything isn't always given to us on a sheet and we actually have to play, use our brains and work at least SOME things out for ourselves. :)

10. Dremlock

"Charging wind can be used immediately after penetrating wind."

That's a pretty long paragraph. I know you have trouble reading though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they even recently added the additional ONE SENTENCE to evasive explosive shot because they realized it was ****ing retarded that no where in game did they mention you were able to do this despite it being a core mechanic to the ability.

#70 Dremlock, Oct 30, 2018
  11. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

Wasn't there a deletion policy in regards to everything hacking and cheating on reddit? As in, the subject not being allowed to be spoken about in any way possible?
    Last time the stream of reddit complaints had pushed towards the banwaves that happened, or am I wrong with that perception? Just to make sure here.

12. Dremlock

no you are correct. you are not allowed to discuss exploits, and blue leveraging "secret information" through looking at game files would be considered an exploit. but now he's a mod.

A nuanced situation.

i approve of how the sequence of events transpired, but I wouldn't fault anyone to think there is at least some inconsistency with the application of 'rules' there.

#72 Dremlock, Oct 30, 2018
  13. Blusurfer

I think your last comment is more suited to you. Read the post.

Tool Tips are not my argument, I was asking a question for your opinion.

Quote: "So I guess tool tips are hand holding?"

14. PancakeRift

Why do you want the game to hold your hand? Legit, why?

15. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

The way I personally see it, is that things can only change when enough outrage comes to be. We saw this three times, once with Blue's doing, the second time with the unattended hacking issue and the third time with the question of user data on the russian server.
    The concern I have is, now that exploits and hacking is not allowed to be spoken about, that people lack the place to gather to become outraged and push for solutions.

Dremlock likes this.
  16. Dusty Slippers

Your asking kakao GM's WHY there are hidden flows. What are the odds that the GM's even know what your talking about. most rangers that play the game dont know all the flows / combos, even the main ones. If you actually want this addressed you should probably make a video demonstrating said combos so they know what your talking about. I dont know how many devs in pearl abyss worked on combat. but if its multiple people I would be willing to bet its only the assclown that made ranger who even knows all of them, lets be honest the guy who made ranger isnt the guy who made warrior awakening... letting a class use flows without a prior ability. who knows maybe the guy who made original ranger doesnt work there... there is a chance kakao forwards this issue to pearl abyss and pearl abyss is like what are you guys ****ing on about

Dremlock and Grizabella like this.
  17. Maginha

ok this made me lol hard... i rly start to think drem is a legend... after his RP text and this.. omg

Kynreaa likes this.
  18. Dremlock

gms don't know about flow skills.... only the korean ranger dev even knows how the class functions... oh god... it's all probably true...

Revalenia likes this.
  19. Rah97

Or maybe just take the time to discover your class instead of asking for literally everything to be handed to you. The reason why there were hidden stats in the first place is because PA didn't want to just hand you information, they wanted you to explore and discover. So go explore and discover and if you're too whiny and impatient for that, get on your class discord and ask what your cancels are. smh.

20. Dremlock

maybe you should go explore the bottom of the ocean