1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Stats -- About time you start showin them

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Dremlock

So, due to events THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED it's probably appropriate we bring up this discussion again.

Clearly players want to see hidden stats. PA has said they don't want to show them. But why? I mean there's some pretty serious head butting going on right now between passionate elements of the community and the developers.

Certainly there are those who don't care about hidden stats, and that's great for them. If they are visible you can continue to ignore them. but for those of us who do want to see them, can we at least get some justification?

to the uninitiated: certain items, for example Kutum Dagger, say they have like 10AP 20DP or whatever, but they actually have HIDDEN AP so they function as if they have 20AP and 20DP, etc etc.

Also some items will say "increased accuracy", but they don't tell you how much.

Essentially PA has left it up to you to figure out which items are lying to you about their stats.

#1 Dremlock, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
    RoninLee, Pkmdz, Vamathi and 36 others like this.
  2. Rahnxah

Yeah, hidden stats and the enhace chances before perform it, cause i have the slight sensation that many of the info running around about gear is a big pile f BS we feed each other like the human centipede

Fire of likes this.
  3. AiyanaXO

It's obvious. Reblath > ALL

Rahnxah and Edremis like this.
  4. Infurni

Infurni Muskans Tamer 57 NA

from request i edit

5. Dremlock

I'd ask that we refrain from posting actual information here because Kakao wants to close threads like this

#5 Dremlock, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  6. Infurni

Infurni Muskans Tamer 57 NA

I fixed sir :)

-make sure to remove the quote from your reply >.>

7. TheAridTaung

Yeah, hidden stats are really not what the NA/EU market wants. In certain cases, it's fine and we can run tests on these things but to this extent is... kinda horrible. It makes it too easy for the devs to change things and never have to report them, and with the way BDO is monetized that would be able to cause meta shifts, resulting in art mems being bought and more cash for the company. Shady, if you ask me.

8. LogicaI

I think the hamster wheel keeps spinning because people don't know these hidden stats. I think it is more appropriate they stay hidden to keep people buying X items allow market to saturate and desature instead of one list of BIS being dominant ( even though it is) but this also makes lower players still buy X other items therefor fueling the market instead of just making everyone go to just purchase X and ignore the rest,leading to return on investment not being able to be liquidated.

People have assets to liquidate because they don't know what X is really worth,or not worth.

tldr keep it the way it is.

9. DarthRevan106

I think that we should know what stats the items give.For instance apperantly gold tier accessies give hidden acc.They shold add it to the item.Dont say how much but add the line incrased acc.That both doesnt kill the testing in the community but gives ppl at least an idea what they are acctualy building.Having items that dont give exact ammounts of stats and need to be figured out is fine but having an item and then figure out it has stats you didnt even know it had?!?!?!!?.TELL US WHAT ITEMS GIVE.

Tergar likes this.
  10. ambyentlight

its all i lie as all grunil, livito accy off hands beat all due to ease to get.

gearwise atm full rosar beats everything paired with gold accesorys.

11. Korvgubben

I would be ok with numbers on the items but the effect those numbers have could still be left hidden. For example +20 accuracy might not give +20% hit chance etc. This way you would be able to compare items to eachother at least.

12. WastedJoker

WastedJoker 60 EU

[​IMG]

If the game was free to play and there was no cash shop then I think hidden stats/misleading phrasing is fine. But people are investing hard earned cash towards progress. That progress might be wasted because of hidden stats or unclear phrasing.

Playerbase that isn't sure about how the game works = more likely to be rerolling and thus buy weight/slots/costumes and spending on artisan memory. It's a clear tactic to boost the cash shop.

Having access to these datasheets makes it much easier to call out the devs when they give us BS PR-driven lines about balance and the like.

#12 WastedJoker, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. T800

14. Dremlock

RoninLee and T800 like this.
  15. Roechacca

This is the first game I've played where developers hide character and item stats. It's really strange and I certainly don't see the logic despite hearing the reasoning behind it. All this does is give the information to those that can datamine and leaves the rest of us in the dark if they don't share that info. The only way to keep information field level is to control and prevent data mining but I doubt that's even feasible.

16. Dremlock

No. the only way to keep the playing field level is to RELEASE THE INFORMATION YOURSELF

you are not going to win this through censorship. censorship just means people that datamine are going to have an unfair advantage. Kakao is living in some fantasy land where they think censorship works.

#16 Dremlock, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  17. LogicaI

Allowing us to see damage numbers however,that i agree with,floating combat numbers. that is a good suggestion i welcome.

ODB3698 likes this.
  18. viciousshark

I think I saw a full list of datamined values on reddit but it got taken down by mods due to KK demands. This all happened in hours.

See how fast KK's response was. If only we get the same amount of urgency by the GMs and KK here.

ragingphoinix and ODB3698 like this.
  19. Roechacca

That's basically what I'm getting at. There's just no rational explanation for this in a game that has PVP and Players are trying to compete.

20. T800

I don't think it was PA cause it's a middle of the night there.