1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Stats -- About time you start showin them

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Roechacca

Yep and don't think for a moment they won't mix it all up again to throw everyone off. Which leads to the information war with them. I doubt the data mining will stop. This will always be a tug of war.

2. Pavo

This won't happen for many reason, here are a couple.

1 you can only adjust items so much and within a range. We have a set range now, with what you imagine the devs think is a sweet spot or close to it.

Not like they will adjust the hidden stats by 50% without "breaking" the game. Sure they might adjust it by a % or two, but they can't go overboard.

2 this will take work and money and time. In other words, too much effort.

3. Roechacca

Maybe. I hope your right. The point was its a uphill battle for PA when all players have to do is data mine the info after every patch. If they can't prevent the data mining then they might as well release the info so it's accurately written the way they'd like.

4. Rahnxah

If wou are with a witchzarDK you have enought accuracy if you got bhegs, RCE and JIN Viper. You can supply it with a lot of ways, and getting nouver to stack more ap and supplement more accuracy throught food and elixirs its noice.

But to be totally honest, im not in place to be battling top tier pvpers, i just know what it works out to fend from pkaers in open world and sometimes even randomly pk someone becauyse got too much in your way and its being an imbecile.

Anyways what works the best on pve will always be the kutum.

btw if someone wonders where forest fury gone at i have epheria storage full of dem :)

Im very interested in the gear datamining anyways.

Hashili likes this.
  5. Xeniph

The problem the game company has with revealing stats is the game is designed around it. Having all stats "under the hood" allows them the freedom to change and tweak things without having to explain themselves.

It also improves the longevity of the current gear available and prevents them from having to spend resources designing new gear every time they add new content. Tweaking is much cheaper and less time consuming. As a side benefit it also allows the tailoring of the game (within reason) to specific regions without a complete overhaul.

Now I personally don't agree with any stats being hidden from your player base, as I am a min- maxer and that's part of the fun in games I play. However, until this changes we have to deal with what we have.

6. Natsett

Or they could show us the stats on the items, and balance the stats so that everything has a purpose.

Grades of items should only have a few point difference between them. There's no reason that an item has a listed AP/ DP but has hidden AP in it. Just list the total AP/ DP. If the item is supposed to be an ACC piece, then list the ACC and make sure that items that are supposed to be AP items are AP items and don't have hidden ACC in them.

Cryptic did the exact same thing with City of Heroes for a few years when they launched that game, hiding a bulk of the stats from the players. The community kept complaining until Cryptic got smart, listed the stats, and conceded that hiding stats is not what most players like and that it was a mistake.

PA is making money hand over fist and can more than afford a development team focuses entirely on balance, if they don't already have one.

7. Revalenia

To be honest, their response to the datamining makes me think that they have something to hide. Possibly some fishy calculations and certain aspects to RNG?

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  8. viciousshark

Anti consumer practices? Manipulative RNG?

9. Revalenia

mhm.

Looking at what was datamined before... base damage is literally RNG -_-" That is like... so contrary to a game one could be considered to be immersive.
    This one disappoints me the most.

10. Flood

Flood Ranger 61 NA

There's a subreddit for all the datamined data and PA/Kakao have no control over it. People who have datamined earlier in the year are noticing their hidden stats are sometimes slightly different from what they see on the latest datamine. PA legitimately modifies hidden stats without saying anything in patch notes confirmed.

Dremlock likes this.
  11. Kismet

i disagree

12. Pavo

I agree they will change stats, but they can only change them so far/ so much with an established game.

They would have to make "dramatic" changes now to make this info irrelevant.

It's not like they will add 180 AAC to RCE just to make data mined info irrelevant.

Most if not all changes in regards to this info will be so minute they will be semi irrelevant.

13. Dremlock

"Class balance" brought to you by Pearl Abyss

14. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 61 EU

This is where youre wrong.
    They already ****ed up the balancing so bad, I think they might just redesign everything. And by that i mean they change some values, release it and see what will happen. And then ignore it anyways.

15. FriendlyFireNA

I could not understand why PA reacted negatively to the recent datamine. I've always thought that the hidden stats are for the ardent to explore. I expected PA to congratulate us for discovering the secrets that they left for us to discover. But noooo they criticize the datamining.

16. Rayin

To be honest i wouldn't be surprised even if they'd tweak stats of certain categories of items such green gears in order to facilitate the reroll of players when a new class has been released, that's would also explain why they feel so OP even with a shabby Grunil on them and when they switch to Boss gear the fact that also the class itself is naturally OP, gives a placebo effect to the player.

Sneaky PA, thanks for making so easy to spread the seed of doubt in us, now we're not sure about anything anymore.

#tinfoilhatoff

17. Nebz

the worst thing about it, they could change some item (say parrying dagger) and u wouldnt even know if its your class that got nerfed, others got buffed, or some other item/stat scaling changed.
    Even if you "discover", research and test how they want people to do, nothing guarantees the information you worked so hard to get stays relevant after next maintenance.

Soulo likes this.
  18. Nyhver

it still happens with or without stats being hidden, that comes from a mentality and reasoning, if evidence suggests a ring being inferior, (witch vs blue coral earring, not talking about cost/performance) then it's reasonable to say anyone who does otherwise doesn't know what they're doing, this mostly comes from people in a more competitive mindset including people being rude.

Some more known examples are "ap monkey" and kzarka & dandelion vs blue or less equivalents elitism

stats are hidden, at least some, and people still have a lot of stigma for those subjects, deserved or undeserved.

Revalenia likes this.
  19. Solsi

For sure, meta and elitism is unavoidable regardless of gear systems and transparency.

However, I think a lot less of it stats on gear&weapons and accessories where completely visual. Than everyone can make 100% informed decisions when choosing gear and go for whatever build fits their own playstyle. Where's the harm in that?

Especially new players, casuals and newbies would benefit greatly by knowing exact stats on gear, weapons and accessories. Since they tend to not follow meta based of hidden values&broken bonuses and extensive testing done by nerds.They just look at the item description and maybe ask a friend if something is good lol.

Nyhver likes this.
  20. WlLLY WANKA

Clearly the developpers of the game wanted to have some of its aspects, including characters and equipment statistics, hidden, so the players actually have to play around and experiment and communicate with each other to find what is the best and how things work. Wether you like it or not this is how BDO is designed, so you guys should just respect that and move on.

And yes looking into encrypted files to know the secrets can be considered like cheating, it's like looking in the teacher's desk to get the answers for your test.