1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Stats -- About time you start showin them

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Dremlock

Bloo is the messiah.

a martyr

a hero

may he rest in peace

I won't let you get away with this Kakao

Sibyyl likes this.
  2. OmegaXYZ

Hi. I started playing this game since the beginning. Why all this big discussion about hidden stats? I enjoy the game as it is. Hidden stats or not by playing I can tell the difference by using one weapon or another for example. I don't need to know exactly every single stats becouse I "feel" the difference. I think so. I am sure if a person use a sword irl there are stats written on it :D. Stats hidden or not a lot depends also how a player can play his character and master it instead of continuing confronting each other single stats like a card game where highest stats win. For example I meet a player in another game who played a class considered weak and he managed to kill 5 players well geared cause he was very good and knew his class very well. About stats the stats I see are enough in my opinion. For example if i see many missing while hitting I need more accuracy. I think so. Bye.

#162 OmegaXYZ, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  3. Vanadiel

This is what happens when you insist on hidden stats being better for the customer, when the customer clearly thinks differently about that.

4. OmegaXYZ

Well, if most gamers want to see hidden stats I suppose programmers will provide, I think so.
    I propose a poll about hidden stats: yes/no/don't care. So we'll see how many are interested and how it goes.
    Bye.

#164 OmegaXYZ, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  5. Pavo

Is this for real or something you just copy and past from PA/ KAKA?! You an employee or totally new here?

See the philosophy of players figuring stuff out only works if the proper tools are provided otherwise we are still shooting in the dark.

1. Kaka cannot confirm whether what we think we figured out is correct or not

2. So many variables are hidden it takes a PHD in Hidden Stats ( Only available @ MIT presently in the whole wide world) which an extremely few people in the whole world even have.

3. No communication from the Developer so again can't confirm stuff at it's source

ETC... ETC.. ETC....

I see blindly spewing and repeating stuff is still in Fashion.

6. Pavo

This can't be serious?!

If you are totally new, sorry this has been an ongoing thing since literally release/ beta.

7. PookieBear

#FREEBLOO2017

8. Nyhver

oh hi mark

Because unlike you a sizable portion of people find it irritating, a time waste and subpar as far as standards go.

People do things in real life to simplify our understanding so we don't have to find out what it is, and the example you gave is very concrete in terms of the exact problem. People don't really know that, you have to use it and it's also subjective to the personal problems of people, their own experience, preference and training as well as biological limitations and their skill, and knowledge, and character flaws. It's a big reason why factories mass manufacture things, it can be of good or bad quality but while you may not know the very close weight and specifications just by looking at it, it does have that, and some people do know, mystifying everything has it's trade-offs.

When you try to find out about the sword, whether through physically using it or using testing parameters, maybe math involved, physics and sword smiths don't try to litigate against you...

9. Vanadiel

When you fill up your car until the tank is full, you don't just get a "tank full" message and the bill.
    They show you exactly how much fuel went in your vehicle, and the exact amount of money that cost.
    If you look closer they even show you up until what temperature the volume is correct, and when the pump was last inspected and calibrated by a third party.

Hidden stats just don't do what the publisher claims they do.

10. Sugam

I can not tell how much resources I have wasted trying to work around and guessing with all the hidden stats. It's bad enough how much enhancing can ruin you day/week/month and I don't think making assumptions that the things you enhance MIGHT be what you really want is not a positive experience in BDO, being a major part of its system.

11. itzBT

To find the document I think you can google "BDO Equipment Stats Updated Nov 9th"

12. ambyentlight

if kakao does not want to release stats they dont have to and if a hacker wants to hack bdo for hidden stats without kakaos approval that is known as theft and high exsploit.

If they unban bdo bloo then they need to let everyone play game and exsploit to their hearts contents and never bother banning anyone again.

13. Vanadiel

An exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

In this case the hidden stats are there and it is not a bug or faulty code but a design feature.
    Not the best design feature if I might add.

Also, you cannot steal something you already have. The stats are part of the game and every player has them available on their computer. Viewing data is not theft.

14. Dremlock

it hasn't been determined that bloo hacked anything. kakao said they did but as we all know 90% of what kakao says is bull ****

15. Revalenia

With other words.

Some of my friends mentioned that by the look at the kind of data, there was no way to gain it without hacking the server, but yes, before court evidence is required that would prove that this data was acquired by hacking.

16. DRKN

Well your fiends are wrong then because neither Kakao or Pearl Abyss said their servers were hacked, they admitted it was decrypted as that was the reason provided for the ban.

Taj likes this.
  17. Revalenia

It should fall into the category of reverse engineering within the context of the law.

18. DRKN

No, it doesnt.

Decryptic is the same as "unzipping" a file, files are encrypted for either compressing their size or to protect their contents by making then unreadable, there is no "law" he is breaking because the files were transferred to his computer, the only thing he did was decryptic the files ... its only breaking the TOS in the sense its not a standard storage format, considering EULA always have the "catch-22" of But not limited to they can in fact ban you for NOT decryptic the files and post their content.