1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High heels...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

lol

2. nolasigns

3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

GreyRebel likes this.
  4. nolasigns

Trying to fight nature of people is precisely why society is burning. Test-tube sociology has always failed, and always will.

Safka likes this.
  5. Tvvin

Didn't read the entire thing but.Heels were originally woren by knights for horseback reasons. At most they could do is make it optional

6. Incoming Tamer feet pics

Atanis
    [​IMG]

Lilly
    [​IMG]

Kibby
    [​IMG]

Snow
    [​IMG]

Eagle
    [​IMG]

Heidel
    [​IMG]

Lahr
    [​IMG]

Maiden
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it's an easy option for one class to switch between various degree of flat to heel.

It's not that they can't do it, they simply don't want to.

Don't want heels? Play a tamer.

Edit: Think I could have found better examples for 0 and 2, but you get the idea. Arguments of uncovered heels effecting the skeleton animation are moot as none of this effects tamer animations.

#186 Thelemna, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
    Ferox91, Fateneko and Cardiel like this.
  7. Mexutolavena

Moderator Emeritus

I agree it would be nice to have the option for your characters to not wear heels if you don't want them to.
    I was so happy when the Valoren outfit came out, it was only a week before that I was kinda suggesting more female plated armour outfits without high heels on the forum too. (Valoren still has small heels, but they are better than having stiletto type heels.)

I've also noticed that the female characters feet are designed to wear heels and maybe they would have to change that...

As I said, having the option would be great (something similar to showing/hiding capes or helmet), If you don't want heels you can turn them off and people that want their characters to wear them would still be able too!

"You do you and I'll do me"

8. TeRRoRibleOne

One thing with that armor that really bothers me, the helmet plate that should go down over the face doesn't. The male one does, female one doesn't which makes no sense.

I hate having heels for everything on my maehwa, hell I hate having pretty much revealing dresses on it. I want more armor. Sorry, I'm not down for dreaming about sleeping with my BDO character like some of the people who have posted in this thread.

Mexutolavena, Haurion and Reyer like this.
  9. People have been asking for that option or more variety for a long time now :/

Lots of thread like this here.

10. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

No one is trying to change anything, specially the nature of people,. Thats just an act of futility. What I am saying is, we dont have to take it. Its very different from "trying to change".

GreyRebel likes this.
  11. Schinrah

I don't think anybody really disputes that if a real person wears high heels all day long, actual high heels, not just a shoe or boot with a "heel", it is not benefiting ones health. But even then you have to take into account wether "all day long" means standing 8hours during work, possibly moving alot. Or sitting in a chair and being able to take them off when you feel like. Or if you only wear em when going out with friends in the evening etc.

Nobody thinks of sending women or men into combat with high heels, it's a friggin fantasy world. If we can't even look at pretty stuff during our free time and enjoy sth. that is different than the real world than why the fk even play games? I know alot of women playing this game, and they vary from liking the more modest outfits to ladies totally digging the most revealing ones and not minding one bit. Some even play the game for the most part to create screenshots, dress up and do some rp.

Nobody should force you to wear high heels IN REAL LIFE, and unless you plan on a modelling career or sth. similiar i doubt anyone will. So any woman that enjoys wearing them or likes the way she looks in them damn well should be allowed to wear em. It's not the worlds fault if you lack the self confidence and self respect to say "no, I personally don't want to wear them because I find them uncomfy and unhealthy". Because this is what I always think when reading this type of arguement: Are you so liable to peer pressure that you feel only if nobody does it you can also not do it?

This is what's wrong with this whole SJW type of argumentation, there is always only "one correct way of thinking and doing things" and if someone, even the people who are supposedly being protected and fought for say "but I like to wear heels" "I like to dress up" then they are being disregarded as having been corrupted or forced or generally lacking the intelligence to speak for themselfs freely.

All female classes have at least one Outfit that is full armor and or covers everything.

But we might aswell go all the way when you start with this way of thinking. So for realisms sake should women then only be able to do lifeskills like cooking? Because in a medieval setting like BDO they would either run the household do menial tasks, or be in a Harem in Valencia (probably very inappropriately dressed and treated). But sure as hell they would not be fighting on more than equal terms with their male counterparts.

I vote hell no, because it is a fantasy game, you can dress up mostly however you please ranging from very revealing to fully armored, some classes have higher heels, but i would not want to piss of any of these women if they were real, because heels or not they'd probably turn me into a blood smear on the next wall should I say anything inappropriate to them.

Also these are your "Children" Shai : This race of small people is known to be very curious, although laid-back, they are also considered to be quite rude. Greed appears to be an uncommon trait. The Shai grow to be about 40 years old, though they stop physically aging after a certain point. Their home is the village of Florin in Northern Calpheon.

And if the outfits these Shai wearing are too revealing or inappropriate for you, then you should indeed adjust your worldview to sth more laid back and more diverse. Because they are fully covered, the heels are modest and the "stockings" are actually beneath their leatherboots.

P.S: I don't mean to be rude, but I get triggered hard when people declare a certain Worldview to be appropriate and everyone that does not agree or does not want to comply and and jump on the train get's called out and denounced. Women should have the right to wear and dress however they please, but that also means some will choose to look "sexy" and this seems to be unacceptable to certain people.

#190 Schinrah, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Kismet and Dworkin Barimen like this.
  12. TeRRoRibleOne

Yikes, someone needs to walk away from their computer after these thoughts.

Thelemna likes this.
  13. colesy

imagine actually getting this mad about high heels in a video game

Lefteye and Claydough like this.
  14. Schinrah

This is more about the mindest behind it that gets me personally triggered :)

15. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

I accidentally tagged this post along with the post i wanted to say thank you to , wich was silowyi's post .
    Listen i see no point in replying u or even discussing it with u if u cant even understand the basic , u dont even know what r u arguing about ....

#194 GreyRebel, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Safka likes this.
  16. Safka

I've quoted you accurately, engaged your points and clearly understand your view. But go ahead and delude yourself... and continue to fret yourself over this... evidently perverted, sexualised and grossly inappropriate depiction of Shai...

shai-valkyrie.jpg

Kismet and Sidina like this.
  17. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

I already regret replying
    But wrong is wrong , they r wearing stocking(the white ones) n heels , if u cant see it visit a dr .if u r aguing about its not revealing or the heel isnt tall enough for u ... Then i have nothing to say .
    Also they dont looklike midgets , they looklike humen kids, wrong type of dress for kids is always wrong no matter if its revealing or not ... U know what nvm
    Id recomand people here go n check themself , at collage of valkyre in calpheon , valkyres there wear stocking and high heels even for training

And btw i read theire dialogs ... None of tjem mention that they r shai , and i never saw a valkyre shai ...

18. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Funny and ironically thing of this is that, that is your personal world view. Your own argument can be fully reversed towards your own view/metality.

#197 Silowyi, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    GreyRebel likes this.
  19. Dworkin Barimen

Ehm,look up,at their heads ......

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/3efb11ecd0c5eb96db07d07a0549cbda

This is a normal human childs head right?

#198 Dworkin Barimen, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Safka likes this.
  20. Schinrah

My worldview is, don't decide that whatever you think "is right" is the norm. If people are not breaking the respective law's of their countries, then my view is live and let live. Have your oppinion but don't try to force it onto others. If your view is the depiction of women in this game is wrong, then do not support the game by playing it.

But going farther and trying to make the game change to your tastes, I take issue with that.
    https://imgur.com/a/iK6OwZb
    [​IMG]
    Also, your "stockings" are my "boots". This is one of the base valkyrie armors in the game, they are leatherboots. And again since they are Shai they stop visually aging after a few years and only live for about 40years. Wether or not these girls are actually adult women or grandma's you couldn't even say that.

Safka and Dworkin Barimen like this.
  21. Claydough

Basically this

Despite all you heel haters saying you dont wanna sleep with your ingame character and such, you really spend alot of time staring at their feet judging by how triggered you are about shoes

Lefteye, Kismet, Noble One and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.